What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Should the Pac-12 tourney final be played on Sunday?

Pac-12 tourney schedule?

• Keep it Wed-Sat

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Make it Thu-Sun

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Having the finale on Selection Sunday would mean that the tourney is Thu-Sun instead of Wed-Sat. For the 4 fan bases with byes, it would be a play for a 3-day weekend in Vegas. Much easier for fans all-around.

I don't think that finishing on Saturday does anything to help with seeding for the Pac-12 since so many other conferences now finish Sunday and the selection show has moved to Sunday evening. B1G, SEC, A-10, Sun Belt and American will all play their final on Sunday.

I want the Pac-12 to join them with a Sunday final.

Yes but whatever is best for ratings. Good timeslots matter more to me

I like it on Saturday, personally. A final on early Sunday is hard to have the same atmosphere as a Saturday evening. I'd just rather we not be playing at 11pm eastern where once again visibility is an issue, not that I give a **** this season if Arizona gets seeded lower than they think they should be.

Last edited:
It'd be tuff for fans who go to Vegas for it if they carried it over to Sunday. The logistics would be tuff. People need to get out of their hotels by noon. That is, assuming they are heading home on Sunday.

It'd be tuff for fans who go to Vegas for it if they carried it over to Sunday. The logistics would be tuff. People need to get out of their hotels by noon. That is, assuming they are heading home on Sunday.

Wed-Sat or Thu-Sun is semantics. The issue in my mind is the tip time we've been stuck in since we've been playing at MGM-an 11pm ET start on Saturday doesn't do our champion any good. If I were an Arizona fan, I would hate this tip time, especially given that they have a case for a #1 seed tomorrow. Remember the year we won? We played the championship game at 4ish on Saturday afternoon......Late afternoon or Prime Time Saturday night. If we're playing late because of the fact that there are three other tournaments in Vegas this weekend, then maybe we need to move it around.....Staples doesn't work, but I think Phoenix, San Jose, and maybe Denver are good options in addition to Vegas.

I've been to every PAC12 Vegas tourney. It's perfect. East Coast bias gonna East Coast bias regardless. Vegas is exhausting by Sunday morning.

I like it how it is. I dislike the fact that any conferences finish on Selection Sunday.

I like it on Saturday, personally. A final on early Sunday is hard to have the same atmosphere as a Saturday evening. I'd just rather we not be playing at 11pm eastern where once again visibility is an issue, not that I give a **** this season if Arizona gets seeded lower than they think they should be.

This. I like the Saturday game, but wish it was 9 pm eastern instead of 11 pm. I do miss the 4 pm game slot on CBS honestly.

Back