What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Should we move Parker Orms to safety?

With the incoming talent at CB, it seems logical to assume that maybe one or two guys that are currently at CB might make the move to safety. Orms would be at the top of that list.

Orms is a playmaker and needs to be on the field. Don't care if it's at safety or CB. Wherever he's the best fit.

Id like the move to nickle as well and getting him some snaps here and there at safety. Being able to afford to put him at nickle puts our secondary in a pretty decent position. Its certainly a luxury we didnt have last year.

Wright, Crawley, Henderson, Bell

Are you saying all four of these players would be options before Orms or something else?

I think people should have some patience with Yuri Wright. Not sure he is going to be ready to contribute day one.

My idea for a dime set (2 safeties, 2 corners, 2 nickels) would be:

Safeties: FS Harrington, SS Polk

Corners: Henderson & Wright/Crawley

Nickels: Orms & Crawley/Wright

TSmith and Orms provide Safety and Nickel depth. Can't count on either as primary safeties though. Bell is good CB depth and will play a bunch I'm sure.

My idea for a dime set (2 safeties, 2 corners, 2 nickels) would be:

Safeties: FS Harrington, SS Polk

Corners: Henderson & Wright/Crawley

Nickels: Orms & Crawley/Wright

TSmith and Orms provide Safety and Nickel depth. Can't count on either as primary safeties though. Bell is good CB depth and will play a bunch I'm sure.
Jared Bell was thought to be the best on the team until his injury. He came in rated as the #34 CB in the nation(highest possible 3*). I think he wants his starting job back that he earned last spring and it will be interesting to see what happens.

Orms is a proven playmaker when healthy. Frosh are just that, frosh. They gotta take his job away.

Let's 'em duke it out in Spring and Fall. Bell, depending on how healthy he is, may start just about anywhere.

I do think that Orms will eventually earn the #1 Nickle job.

Are you saying all four of these players would be options before Orms or something else?

I think people should have some patience with Yuri Wright. Not sure he is going to be ready to contribute day one.

I'm pretty sure teh "consensus" (if you can call it that) is that Yuri, while extremely talented, is still relatively raw. His ceiling is through the roof, but maybe not completely ready just yet

Let's 'em duke it out in Spring and Fall. Bell, depending on how healthy he is, may start just about anywhere.

I do think that Orms will eventually earn the #1 Nickle job.

To add to this if he stays healthy I think Parker will eventually be the starting free safety as an upperclassman. He is a very smart player, reads well, and is a good leader. The only hitch to this is that he is not a big guy physically and seems to be injury prone.

Matt McChesney agrees with you

@Allbuffs Yes. He doesn't flip his hips well enough to play corner & we have some 4 Star CBs comin in. Thinks are lookin up!!

Matt McChesney agrees with you

@Allbuffs Yes. He doesn't flip his hips well enough to play corner & we have some 4 Star CBs comin in. Thinks are lookin up!!

What would McChes know about making a successful position switch?

/sarcasm

Back