What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SI Pac-12 **Warning**

CU wins 3 or 4 this year. I see CSU and WSU as the only games I am particularly confident about, although I will be disappointed if we lose the opener to Hawaii. We are significantly outclassed by a number of teams on our schedule this year, unfortunately.

Prediction - Outcome. I'm more concerned about where we end up. The fact of the matter is, we have been a very poorly run organization with a broken culture for the last 5-6 years. These guys don't know Embo and, given that fact, the "prediction" is supportable. That said, I would take the bet that we will win 6-8 games this year and will be competitive in almost all of the games. There will be no quit or lack of toughness with this group. I would call it a radical pardigm change for the better. This stuff doesn't bother me at all and should add fuel to the motivation of the players.

they have us 2-2 OOC, which i will take right now. &nbsp;i put our total u/o at around 5.5.<br><br><br>

if we win 4-5 conference games, i wouldn't want to play us in a 3rd week in December bowl.

Prediction - Outcome. I'm more concerned about where we end up. The fact of the matter is, we have been a very poorly run organization with a broken culture for the last 5-6 years. These guys don't know Embo and, given that fact, the "prediction" is supportable. That said, I would take the bet that we will win 6-8 games this year and will be competitive in almost all of the games. There will be no quit or lack of toughness with this group. I would call it a radical pardigm change for the better. This stuff doesn't bother me at all and should add fuel to the motivation of the players.

Rep.

I think once you get past the top half of the conference, many of these writers get pretty lazy.

When a dozen publications have already tabbed the Buffs as 11th or 12th in the PAC 12, it's pretty easy to just go with conventional wisdom and not put much work or thought into the "bottom feeders". We certainly can't complain about lack of respect, given that our play for five years has not been respect-worthy. Still, if Embree can take this same talent and show a serious upgrade in the level of play (as I think he can and will), it will be fun come December looking back on how lowly regarded we were in August.

Of couse if our play matches national expectations, that will make the sting all the worse . . .

No way the Buffs win only two games...those west coast writers have a lot to learn and ESPN's Miller seems to be picking up on us pretty good.

No way the Buffs win only two games...those west coast writers have a lot to learn and ESPN's Miller seems to be picking up on us pretty good.

Miller has dropped a lot of comments, suggesting he thinks the Buffs will be better than a lot of people expect, emphasizing the huge senior class. Still, he couldn't get himself to pick us higher than last in the South.

The coaching change is the biggest wild card. Even good teams can struggle with a brand new coach and a new system. I take Embree at his word, however, and think these Buffs bought in very early to the new staff, the new team character, and our new NFL-style schemes. Embree sounded upbeat yesterday, when a reporter questioned him about whether he was "worried" about Hawaii and the coming challenges in the PAC 12. His response was understated, and made no predictions . . .. but he said "I really like our guys" and suggested there had been tremendous progress from the Spring to the Fall. I hope his confidence isn't misplaced, but I've really been impressed with his laser focus on bringing the Buffs back, starting with a win over Hawaii.

Last edited:
I have no clue how we are going to do. What percentage of our badness last year was due to coaching and what percentage due to lack of talent on the field? Obviously, a big percentage was coaching. So, if our coaching staff this year is as good as we are hoping, shouldn't we be a greatly improved product on gameday?

Hey new guy with 15,000 posts. Why don't you get me a beer or something?
I would say that VamosBuffaloes gets the Stoudt award for the quietest 15,000 posts (not to suggest that they don't have merit, but, like Daaah, I had a "Who is this guy?" moment)

Oh, so kind of you to ask. Ummm, a water with peach tea flavored Crystal Lite, if you don't mind. It turns out Afghanistan is dry for military folk...

<<now picturing Wally with a BJ and Hawkeye style distillery in his quarters>>

Oh, so kind of you to ask. Ummm, a water with peach tea flavored Crystal Lite, if you don't mind. It turns out Afghanistan is dry for military folk...

It's probably dry for the enlisted folk. I'm sure you can make something happen. Just tell me where to send it. :smile2:

So glad to have the SI mojo working this season. If they pick you, you're doomed. This is just more bulletin board material. Hawaii's going to run into a buzzsaw and Cal won't have time to get it into their heads that this is for real.

This is a revenge game, but not the way you guys think. It's our revenge. Against Steve Marshall. For screwing up the last 2 seasons so horribly. Enjoy him.

This is a revenge game, but not the way you guys think. It's our revenge. Against Steve Marshall. For screwing up the last 2 seasons so horribly. Enjoy him.

Or its the game where you find out that the problem wasn't marshall, it was someone bigger in the food chain. We know these games well.

Or its the game where you find out that the problem wasn't marshall, it was someone bigger in the food chain. We know these games well.

Now we're talking! Actually should be interesting(besides for all the obvious reasons) considering you have Marshall now, and we have Keisau (again) and Ambrose. Plus I get to come to Boulder. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

Back