What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SI Pac-12 **Warning**

Now we're talking! Actually should be interesting(besides for all the obvious reasons) considering you have Marshall now, and we have Keisau (again) and Ambrose. Plus I get to come to Boulder. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

We actually liked Keisau and Ambrose. Making wholesale changes was necessary, though.

syko we aren't that talented. You have to give Embree and company some time to get his type of players in here.

I heard this same thing after Montana state in 2006. Sorry, if this staff can't get more wins than the previous regime, what the hell are we here for?

We actually liked Keisau and Ambrose. Making wholesale changes was necessary, though.

Yeah we like them too -- I think they're good coaches. You guys definitely needed a change though. All good natured needling aside, Embree sounds like the real deal and I know that most Cal fans are not taking you guys for granted at all.

We survived without finishing last under both Fairbanks and Hawkins, enough said! Colorado is NOT finishing last in the pac-12 conference or south division in the 2011-12 college football season.

For the first time all offseason I am really starting to think we are going to surprise people. I don't think we will get to 7 wins, but I think we will get 5 or 6 along with some close, hard fought losses. I think our run D will be good, and our running game will be good and anytime you have both of those going for your team, you will be in games until the end.

I think we def get wins against Colorado State and Washington State.

I think we have a good chance to get wins against Hawaii, Cal, Washington, Arizona and UCLA

And I think we could get wins against ASU and Utah, although they will be very tough games.

For the first time all offseason I am really starting to think we are going to surprise people. I don't think we will get to 7 wins, but I think we will get 5 or 6 along with some close, hard fought losses. I think our run D will be good, and our running game will be good and anytime you have both of those going for your team, you will be in games until the end.

I think we def get wins against Colorado State and Washington State.

I think we have a good chance to get wins against Hawaii, Cal, Washington, Arizona and UCLA

And I think we could get wins against ASU and Utah, although they will be very tough games.

It shouldn't be too hard to surprise folks, based on where the bar has been set.

It shouldn't be too hard to surprise folks, based on where the bar has been set.

Ya, but 3 wins wouldn't be a surprise if the bar was set at 2 wins. I'm saying we will win 5 or 6 games and lose a couple that we should have won. We will feel a lot better about ourselves when this season is over than we do now

Ya, but 3 wins wouldn't be a surprise if the bar was set at 2 wins. I'm saying we will win 5 or 6 games and lose a couple that we should have won. We will feel a lot better about ourselves when this season is over than we do now

Brother, if I wasn't with you, I'd be against you; I assure you I'm with you.

Go Buffs!

Glad we got that all worked out. :thumbsup:
:lol:

I guess I don't see how you think we're going to beat Cal, UCLA and UA this year. At least we play Cal and UA at home, but UCLA is a road game.

I hope you're right. It would be great for EB and Embree to start off like that.

Last edited:

I guess I don't see how you think we're going to beat Cal, UCLA and UA this year. At least we play Cal and UA at home, but UCLA is a road game.

I hope you're right. It would be great for EB and Embree to start off like that.
Because UCLA sucks and is coached by Slick Rick. Cal is terrible on the road, we're decent at home and have beaten much better teams. UA will be tough but they'll likely be 2-7 when they come to Boulder so they could be very de-motivated.

Do you think any of those teams will be in the Top 25 when we play them? If you think they're great squads this year, that's one thing. But I hope you don't think they're all mediocre and CU is so bad we don't have a chance.

Do you think any of those teams will be in the Top 25 when we play them? If you think they're great squads this year, that's one thing. But I hope you don't think they're all mediocre and CU is so bad we don't have a chance.

I think CU is a pretty bad squad. I think it's going to take some time for Embree to get us competitive. JMHO.

I do hope I'm wrong on this. I want the same thing you guys want. Wins.

16-21 combined record for those three programs last year. Cal was 1-4 on the road, UCLA was 3-3 at home, and Arizona was 3-2 on the road.

I think CU is a pretty bad squad. I think it's going to take some time for Embree to get us competitive. JMHO.

I do hope I'm wrong on this. I want the same thing you guys want. Wins.

How are we really that bad when we could have easily won 8 games last year with better coaching? That was proven when with how much we changed so fast after Hawkins was fired. We have some players. We would have gone to a bowl had we taken a knee for an entire quarter. We are not great, but we are not BAAAAD.

How are we really that bad when we could have easily won 8 games last year with better coaching? That was proven when with how much we changed so fast after Hawkins was fired. We have some players. We would have gone to a bowl had we taken a knee for an entire quarter. We are not great, but we are not BAAAAD.

This is going to be a koolaid free season for me. Going cold turkey.

So you say. But if we were to start 5-0, you're going to be talking smack to Stanford. No way you'll be able to help yourself. :smile2:

If we're 5-0 right off the bat, I'll streak through pearl St in my birthday suit. :smile2:

I feel were going to get off to a bad start, and Embree will get things back on track halfway through the season. I just don't feel Tyler Hansen is going to step up. That's why I'm so pessimistic about this season.

Last edited:
I just don't feel Tyler Hansen is going to step up.
And why's that? He's a senior with a chip on his shoulder. He's a captain. There's a reason he was picked as captain by his teammates and why he was declared the starter last spring. He won't have to look over his shoulder and has looked good in fall camp.

And why's that? He's a senior with a chip on his shoulder. He's a captain. There's a reason he was picked as captain by his teammates and why he was declared the starter last spring. He won't have to look over his shoulder and has looked good in fall camp.

He is still a mediocre QB, especially compared to his Pac-12 peers. I doubt he is the starter on too many other teams in the conference.

He is still a mediocre QB, especially compared to his Pac-12 peers. I doubt he is the starter on too many other teams in the conference.
The Pac 12 is obviously the conference with the best QBs so I'm not disputing that when you're going against Barkley, Luck, Foles, Thomas, Osweiller, etc but there's no reason he can't and won't step up.

If we're 5-0 right off the bat, I'll streak through pearl St in my birthday suit. :smile2:

I feel were going to get off to a bad start, and Embree will get things back on track halfway through the season. I just don't feel Tyler Hansen is going to step up. That's why I'm so pessimistic about this season.

I think the opposite. I think we start off 4-1, but the middle part of the schedule kills us.

Back