What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SI writer has Buffs finishing 6th

I can't wait for this season to start. It can't come soon enough. Time to show us what you got.

Thx for posting this Sparky!

My favorite part:

But the biggest difference from other coaches I’ve covered is Boyle’s emphasis on defense and rebounding. That’s not just coachspeak. During the scrimmaging, a team accumulated points only by making defensive stops. No points were awarded to the other side for baskets made.

Interesting.

“We’re trying to change the culture to getting (defensive) stops,” Boyle told me. “That’s what we want to be the most important thing to our players.”

Also, and this is a big also, any time in a scrimmage that a player fails to box out during a rebound, that player’s entire team has to run wind sprints.

“The no box out is immediate punishment,” Boyle said. “It stings a little bit. If you’re in the middle of a scrimmage and you’ve just gone up and down the court three or four times, then one of your players misses a box out – it creates peer pressure to make sure that doesn’t happen again.

“The two things we’re stressing every day is getting stops and rebounding the basketball.”
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Awesome. I hope he gets it to show in results on the court and in our W/L record.

Back