What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SIAP: Sparkles extended

Rumor was they were waiting until the RMS to announce it, guess Graham's termination pushed it forward. Another rumor, McElwain signed it in May. Ross Bowers mentioned the extension a couple of months ago and some of the CSU fans mocked me for reporting that! Ha! Here's video from today's practice.

[video=youtube;4azXJnjsL90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4azXJnjsL90[/video]

Rumor was they were waiting until the RMS announce it, guess Graham's termination pushed it forward. Another rumor, McElwain signed it in May. Ross Bowers mentioned the extension a couple of months ago and some of the CSU fans mocked me for reporting that! Ha! Here's video from today's practice.

I'm guessing just before the RMS? Wouldn't look that good to announce the extension just after losing to Colorado again.

I don't think Sparkles is that great... but he has benefited from CSU getting very lax with their rules for athletes to get into school.

Guy feasted on an awful MWC last year.

They jury is still out on Mike Mac and Jon McCelwain. Neither has done enough to garner a decision either way. CU and CSU are basically playing in two different divisions, so a valid comparison is hard to glean.

As others have said, that's not true (even more so if you include his 2012 results). Other than FCS schools, the team with the best record that Sparkles has beaten was Wazzu in the bowl game, and let's be real that was a fluke due to dip**** coaching on the other sideline and they haven't really come close to beating the top teams like Utah St , Boise, and Fresno. He may be a good coach , but the jury is still out and I don't see a BCS school taking a chance on him until he proves he can beat the best in the MWC.

...already exhausted my interest in the topic....you win.

I don't think Sparkles is that great... but he has benefited from CSU getting very lax with their rules for athletes to get into school.

Guy feasted on an awful MWC last year.

Me either. I would never swap coaches with them.

what about when we had Embree?

I meant currently but I would rather have one of those car dealer inflatable wavy arm things coach the team over Embree.

gr-waving-kite-banners.jpg

Rumor was they were waiting until the RMS to announce it, guess Graham's termination pushed it forward. Another rumor, McElwain signed it in May. Ross Bowers mentioned the extension a couple of months ago and some of the CSU fans mocked me for reporting that! Ha! Here's video from today's practice.

Body language is telling when the P5 question gets asked.

My vote is that we stop turning this forum into Ramnation2 and move on. I have heard incessantly on this board how the Rams are not even on our radar. I for one and getting sick of all the discussion about them.

The goats are CU's opening opponent, what the hell else do we talk about since slider is slacking on practice reports?

The goats are CU's opening opponent, what the hell else do we talk about since slider is slacking on practice reports?

I get that, but this has hardly been a matchup discussion. As far as Slider goes, he better produce the greatest practice report ever written. He already has two strikes against him. His brother and a mediocre taste in women (avatar/sig).

Also, the future of the Ram program in relation to all the changes going on in D1 is a pretty big deal since we play them every year and many of us live in Colorado. A lot of our friends, families and in-state preps we know have direct ties to CSU. It's newsworthy on this board for a lot of reasons.

Throw in that this is our main rivalry until we get some history going in the Pac-12 and that it's the opener. Of course we're interested in big news stories relating to CSU. It would be silly if we weren't.

There are 2 threads about CSU, which are both relevant to CU and to residents of Colorado, which is where most of our users live. One discusses their stadium, which is very interesting and relevant, since CU is in the midst of our own project. The second talks about them firing their AD, which again, is very interesting since we compete against them every year in most every sport.

The nice thing is that if you don't want to read about CSU, you don't have to open the 2 threads.

Also, the future of the Ram program in relation to all the changes going on in D1 is a pretty big deal since we play them every year and many of us live in Colorado. A lot of our friends, families and in-state preps we know have direct ties to CSU. It's newsworthy on this board for a lot of reasons.

Throw in that this is our main rivalry until we get some history going in the Pac-12 and that it's the opener. Of course we're interested in big news stories relating to CSU. It would be silly if we weren't.

You have changed your tune drastically since we had this discussion about a month ago.

There are 2 threads about CSU, which are both relevant to CU and to residents of Colorado, which is where most of our users live. One discusses their stadium, which is very interesting and relevant, since CU is in the midst of our own project. The second talks about them firing their AD, which again, is very interesting since we compete against them every year in most every sport.

The nice thing is that if you don't want to read about CSU, you don't have to open the 2 threads.

It just seems like some of you talk out of both sides of your mouth when it relates to CSU. On one hand you start threads claiming they are not even worthy enough to play us each year and a few weeks later you create threads to speculate on their future stadiums etc.

If what you're saying is true, Dio, than I should expect a lot of threads about UNC in the future? After all, they are a future in-state opponent.

You have changed your tune drastically since we had this discussion about a month ago.

I don't think so.

We're out of offseason mode. And last discussion I did say that they are our rival right now, as frustrating as that is for me.

I want out of the RMS. I want them off the schedule if it's not on campus. I don't want to play every year. I don't want to see them join a P5 conference (and I don't really think it's a realistic possibility). I want to see them build an on-campus stadium, but not one that is over-done for their needs or risks a major economic shortfall (which could end up hitting taxpayers in the wallet or at least neighbors who might send their kids to CSU and have to pay for a tuition hike).

But for now, they'r relevant to CU. Watching the CU hashtags on twitter, I'm blown away by the percentage of student tweets that are about RMS tickets or CSU's breaking news on Graham and facilities. I'd have to bury my head in the sand to pretend that they're not relevant to CU. So, I'll roll with it right now and expect this to change in the future.

I don't think so.

We're out of offseason mode. And last discussion I did say that they are our rival right now, as frustrating as that is for me.

I want out of the RMS. I want them off the schedule if it's not on campus. I don't want to play every year. I don't want to see them join a P5 conference (and I don't really think it's a realistic possibility). I want to see them build an on-campus stadium, but not one that is over-done for their needs or risks a major economic shortfall (which could end up hitting taxpayers in the wallet or at least neighbors who might send their kids to CSU and have to pay for a tuition hike).

But for now, they'r relevant to CU. Watching the CU hashtags on twitter, I'm blown away by the percentage of student tweets that are about RMS tickets or CSU's breaking news on Graham and facilities. I'd have to bury my head in the sand to pretend that they're not relevant to CU. So, I'll roll with it right now and expect this to change in the future.

A wise man once said, "Become the change you seek".

I get that, but this has hardly been a matchup discussion. As far as Slider goes, he better produce the greatest practice report ever written. He already has two strikes against him. His brother and a mediocre taste in women (avatar/sig).

Mighty generous of you! His previous avatar was much superior. Guess he had to settle?

Agreed, although I think this year will be more telling. He took a senior laden team with halfway decent talent and was able to beat some pretty bad teams and get a once in a lifetime gift in the bowl game.

Now it is more his players, and a huge chunk of the core of last years success is gone. This year will tell me a lot more about what he is capable of.

He's still got Grayson this year, who seems to be pretty good. While there are definitely more of his players this year, we'll know more after he is trotting out one of his QBs.

I think they are doing that. At least, a little. I think Boise State is CSU's second game of the year. They play at Boston College later. For CSU, it's a tough OOC, but it's one that won't win them any style points. They're probably going to lose 2 of the 4 OOC games, and I wouldn't put it past them to step on their crank against Tulsa, either. They very well could start out 1-4.

OT: but I feel sorry for Hawaii. They play here in September, then come back again to play the goats in November.

The value of the late OOC game is to get a quality win late in the season against a ranked team. Before this playoff thing that win got you ranked or got you into the top 5 top 10. In the case of OU/NU thanksgiving day or Miami FSU Columbus Day game that propelled you into a New Year's Day bowl game unless you lost the conference.

He's still got Grayson this year, who seems to be pretty good. While there are definitely more of his players this year, we'll know more after he is trotting out one of his QBs.

Who has yet to show he can win without a running game

Back