What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SIAP: Sparkles extended

I can't get past Craig Bohl being the defensive genius that gave up 6 rushing touchdowns to Chris Brown.

That was the end of Nebraska as we knew it. Their recruiting and or player development were starting to go to pot at that point. I think Franklin had had a close call earlier in the year. When they went 3 and out on their first possession I started to get this tingly feeling that somehow this time the outcome was going to be different. Best game EVAR!!!!!

McElwain's schtick just seems hollow and forced to me but of course I am biased.

Would you trade him for our coach

No.

But I think he is one of the better offensive minds out there. Put him at a school with better athletes and the resources to hire better defensive coaches and he could regularly make bowl games.

No.

But I think he is one of the better offensive minds out there. Put him at a school with better athletes and the resources to hire better defensive coaches and he could regularly make bowl games.

He will regularly make bowl games at CSU. It's not that tough.

And I am saying I think he could regularly win a similar amount of games at a bigger school. Nothing special, nothing horrible. Hence using the description "solid" earlier in the thread. Nowhere did I comment on the toughness of making of making a bowl game in the grand scheme of things.

And I am saying I think he could regularly win a similar amount of games at a bigger school. Nothing special, nothing horrible. Hence using the description "solid" earlier in the thread. Nowhere did I comment on the toughness of making of making a bowl game in the grand scheme of things.

I agree. It just sounded to me like you were saying that he would need to be at a school with resources in order to regularly make bowl games.

I agree. Don't really like him much though. Doesn't seem nearly as genuine as Mac.

I agree. He gives you the impression of someone you can't trust. I don't have a ton of information to back this up, so if I am misinformed please let me know.

I suppose that is true...I think Sparkles is doing a decent job with what he has to work with up there, that is all I am saying. He is substantially better than Fairchild. As a Buff fan, I know what bad coaching looks like.
Quoted for truth. (Bird and Water Bottle)

McElwain is a solid coach.

No.

I think you got a little over-excited in the middle post....

There's nothing on his Offensive Coordinator resume that stands out big time to me, other than he is a good fit for a defensive minded team. Nothing crazy but solid.

As a head coach, I think he's TBD.

Back