What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simas..Markques Simas....

seems like the disarray continues...

sure, Simas is responsible for being there (it's simply inexplicable why you don't show up to something that is now likely career ending)....but if I'M the coach I put someone in charge of getting him there. his position coach, a teammate, etc. too bad, i watched the highlights of the ATM game the other day and Simas was a force.

Yes...BUT...

If I'm out on cruise and one of my Sailors does something really, really stupid (and gets caught), guess who takes the heat? Therefore, I take some measures to make sure that my Sailors don't get caught, which does involve some minor intrusion and hand-holding (though I'm better than most at letting the Sailors just be Sailors).

Hawk is always talking about paying attention to the details, fixing the little things.

Well this is another one of those details. If we lose Simas for all or part of the season then it will be just another one of those little details that he should have taken care of that come back to bite the team because he didn't. I agree that this is on Simas, he is ultimately responsible but like Wally says the consequences and the attention come back onto Hawk. Therefore it is Hawks business to know what is happening and make sure that the neccessary subtle reminders are given to "help" the player do what he needs to do.

This is a program management skill. Wally does it with his young, dumb sailors to make sure that they have a chance to become older, less dumb sailors. He is protecting an investment in personel and his reputation. Corporate managers have the same kind of responsibility, so do lots of other people in positions of responsibility, that's why they have the responsibilty.

Even with the reminders, etc. some guys are still going to do dumb things, can't be entirely stopped. At the same time the less often it happens the better off you are and if you tried to prevent it and it happened anyways it looks better to those who you are responsible to.

seems like the disarray continues...

sure, Simas is responsible for being there (it's simply inexplicable why you don't show up to something that is now likely career ending)....but if I'M the coach I put someone in charge of getting him there. his position coach, a teammate, etc. too bad, i watched the highlights of the ATM game the other day and Simas was a force.

If I were Hawk, I would do it myself! This doosh is going to end up without a job, and he will have no one to blame but himself.

If I were Hawk, I would do it myself! This doosh is going to end up without a job, and he will have no one to blame but himself.

the coaches parking lot was completely full with coaches SUV's today. not like they are all out of town or not working.

nothing makes sense anymore. maybe the writing was on the wall and it's all about Toney Clemons this season.

Hawk is always talking about paying attention to the details, fixing the little things.

Well this is another one of those details. If we lose Simas for all or part of the season then it will be just another one of those little details that he should have taken care of that come back to bite the team because he didn't. I agree that this is on Simas, he is ultimately responsible but like Wally says the consequences and the attention come back onto Hawk. Therefore it is Hawks business to know what is happening and make sure that the neccessary subtle reminders are given to "help" the player do what he needs to do.

This is a program management skill. Wally does it with his young, dumb sailors to make sure that they have a chance to become older, less dumb sailors. He is protecting an investment in personel and his reputation. Corporate managers have the same kind of responsibility, so do lots of other people in positions of responsibility, that's why they have the responsibilty.

Even with the reminders, etc. some guys are still going to do dumb things, can't be entirely stopped. At the same time the less often it happens the better off you are and if you tried to prevent it and it happened anyways it looks better to those who you are responsible to.

Yeah, agree. Make sure you show up. It seems to me that other programs would have a better handle on their kids. Sigh, more bad news...

Well, there could be a good explanation as to why he missed or not. Maybe it would be good to wait and see. All we know for now is that he missed. That being said, Simas has some serious issues and his life is in big trouble.

Well, there could be a good explanation as to why he missed or not. Maybe it would be good to wait and see. All we know for now is that he missed. That being said, Simas has some serious issues and his life is in big trouble.

DBT. I don't normally get in pissing matches with you, but regarding the bolded part of your quote above:

No. No there cannot be a good explanation. Period.

numb. The pain is gone. All I feel now is numb. I'm waiting for the end to come to the Hawk regime. I am at peace with the idea that Hawk is completely incompetent. He can't find his asshole with a map. CU football is in a death spiral until he's gone.

Just fire his ass now and put Cabral in charge for this year. It can't possibly get any worse.

DBT. I don't normally get in pissing matches with you, but regarding the bolded part of your quote above:

Unlikely, but lets wait and see before throwing everyone under the bus.

Unlikely, but lets wait and see before throwing everyone under the bus.

Bearing in mind that the court date was initially established because he was driving irresponsibly AND (allegedly) under the influence, than there can't be a good excuse. Because he's already there for an unexcusable reason.

Now, let's pretend the "you ****ed up" meter was reset following the DUI charge and all was forgiven and okay prior to the court date. Can you think of a good example of a "good explanation" for missing his court date?

There is at least one good explanation for missing. For example, he was in the infirmary/hospital with some ugly illness or a bunch of broken bones, etc. But there is no good explanation for not communicating with the courts about the situation.

Just fire his ass now and put Cabral in charge for this year. It can't possibly get any worse.

This may be the most intelligent idea on this board in days.

Cabral can't do any worse, the players like and respect him, he is a dedicated Buff through and through. He is hard nosed enough and has a history of getting guys to play above their heads, he might just lead this team to some wins. He isn't going to cost us a bunch of money, the Hawk money is basically lost if he is here or not.

Who knows, we may actually have our head coach here already. I would like to see Cabral get a shot at making this work, if it doesn't work out we aren't any worse off and know where we stand to go on from there.

Bearing in mind that the court date was initially established because he was driving irresponsibly AND (allegedly) under the influence, than there can't be a good excuse. Because he's already there for an unexcusable reason.

Now, let's pretend the "you ****ed up" meter was reset following the DUI charge and all was forgiven and okay prior to the court date. Can you think of a good example of a "good explanation" for missing his court date?
I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of a mistaken miss vs. a purposeful miss. Niether is excusable. My daughter was in a bad car wreck where a guy ran a red light and T-Boned her. He plead innocent, so there was a court date. We just totally spaced it out. The DA called us and asked us where the **** we were. She was very pissed. But the judge re-set the date and we had our day in court. I'm pretty responsible, but just spaced it out. I've seen cases where lawyers screwed up as well and either gave bad advice or misinformed their client. Those things happen. If he just blew it off, well, I hope that isn't the case. If he spaced it out, got lost, went to the wrong building, which happened to another player a couple of years ago, whatever, then he'll have to convince the court it was an innocent mistake.

If Cabral did become our HC I wonder how he would do. If he could find a good OC/DC and have a vision for the team I see him getting the most out of his players. Some HCs are managers, others call the plays and others are a mix. Too bad it won't happen though.

If Cabral did become our HC I wonder how he would do. If he could find a good OC/DC and have a vision for the team I see him getting the most out of his players. Some HCs are managers, others call the plays and others are a mix. Too bad it won't happen though.

Cabral was inteviewed and passed over for the UNC job. Just sayin'.

Hawk has been 3-9 the last two years. Just sayin.

Could he do much worse? I doubt it, could he do better, Hawk has left a lot of room to move up.

And? Cabral's problem is that he didn't up and leave for a DC position early enough in his career. By staying as a LB coach he got pigeon-holed. Hawk was never much of a position coach and set himself up for a HC position.

Doesn't mean Cabral couldn't be a better coach than Hawk. I've seen the same principle at work. There are guys that I work with that are freaking brilliant, but they enjoy technical stuff. They never got into management and thus never entered that track. Sometimes that's a good decision and other times it wasn't. Some of those guys would have been incredible managers.

Hawk has been 3-9 the last two years. Just sayin.

Could he do much worse? I doubt it, could he do better, Hawk has left a lot of room to move up.

I totally get that. But if and when a change is made, I doubt it would be Coach Cabral. And I sure as hell don't mean that as a knock on him.

Somebody on the Rivals board posted that an inability to pay fines goes down as a failure to appear even if you show up in court, so I suppose that is a possibility as well.

Somebody on the Rivals board posted that an inability to pay fines goes down as a failure to appear even if you show up in court, so I suppose that is a possibility as well.

Yeah, Right...Does not happen that way. They don't issue bench warrants for someone who is standing there. You don't miss your court date on stuff like this.

There is no GOOD explanation. That he forgot about it is not a good explanation to an judge...it certainly does not help with sentencing. Crap like this can have a Judge throw out a plea bargain just to make sure he has gotten the offenders attention. The culture under Hawkins seems to be one of excuses and explanations which seems to be have trickled down to some fans...there is always some excuse or explanation.

Good thing we are running a clean program and doing things the right way even though we aren't winning on the field. We can always hang our lunchpails on that fuzzy little piece of info.

... In seriousness, this is just one more piece of evidence exposing Hawkins rhetoric for lie it really is.

And? Cabral's problem is that he didn't up and leave for a DC position early enough in his career. By staying as a LB coach he got pigeon-holed. Hawk was never much of a position coach and set himself up for a HC position.

Doesn't mean Cabral couldn't be a better coach than Hawk. I've seen the same principle at work. There are guys that I work with that are freaking brilliant, but they enjoy technical stuff. They never got into management and thus never entered that track. Sometimes that's a good decision and other times it wasn't. Some of those guys would have been incredible managers.

Name me the last Pro Bowl LB Cabral developed at CU.. Other than Dizon name me another impact LB we've had the last decade..

It might be nice to have at least some facts before concluding that Simas and/or Hawk are morons. True, it doesn't sound good, but the rush to judgment, especially insofar as Hawk is concerned, is unwarranted (so to speak).

The reflexive Hawk Hate in this forum gets tedious at times.

It might be nice to have at least some facts before concluding that Simas and/or Hawk are morons. True, it doesn't sound good, but the rush to judgment, especially insofar as Hawk is concerned, is unwarranted (so to speak).

The reflexive Hawk Hate in this forum gets tedious at times.

Double-posted, again.....

Hawk's fault.

I really hope this is just an honest mistake, like transposed numbers. Could be that Markques thought he was supposed to be in court on May 52nd, not on May 25th.

Back