What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simas..Markques Simas....

The only reason that "doing things the right way" became the rallying cry of this coaching staff is because there isn't anything else they can feel they can point to as a positive, or as an excuse for losing. To the naked eye, without doing a whole lot of quantitative analysis, it appears that players are getting into trouble on a fairly regular basis, regardless.

The only reason that "doing things the right way" became the rallying cry of this coaching staff is because there isn't anything else they can feel they can point to as a positive, or as an excuse for losing. To the naked eye, without doing a whole lot of quantitative analysis, it appears that players are getting into trouble on a fairly regular basis, regardless.

I agree. Doing things the right way has no scoreboard, so the admin. desperately cling to that fig leaf to justify their embrace of the sub-mediocrity that is the Hawk tenure. Unfortunately, that fig leaf is falling aopart under the pressure of weak APR numbers and legal run ins. Incompetence: That is the watchword for Benson, DiStephano, Bohn and Hawk.

wap waaaaah.....yeah...maybe I should take a few more days off posting, I'm apparently failing pretty hard.
no, i was seriously asking if hawk sent that, cause i could totally see it. hawk learns smileys from ten years ago and sends them to all his players.

I think he has graduated to virtual cupcakes now.

I'm pretty sure the reason Scott left was because Hawk didn't gift him a cow on farmville. Thats just a rumor though so I should have probably posted it in Barzil.

The fault clearly lies with Simas here and i agree that DH should not have shouldered the responsibility to ensure he goes to court. This is a classic case of providing somebody with enough rope to hang themselves with and see how they manage on their own. He is a man, has had repeated chances to continue to be part of the team, and has continuously squandered those opportunities. He goes to parties...big ****in deal, he's in college...I am certain he isnt the only football player that is frequently seen at a party. Just stop breaking the law and act like you deserve it for ****s sake. cut him and move on, he is obviously not mature enough to handle being an adult let alone representing a university as a member of a div I football team. I think DH went out on a limb by reinstating him after the initial arrest, and now he **** the bed for the last time and we can hear about his success at a community college somewhere. Unfortunately it will probably be a few years for him to realize that he pissed away a golden opportunity. On the plus side he just learned 2 valuable life lessons...when you get a second chance, take advantage of it as they are few and far between (and when you get a third chance be extremely grateful)...and, when you are supposed to go to court, ****in be there. no excuses.

Good thing we have receivers that can fill the void. And if this turns into ammunition to get rid of Hawk...its not all bad (even though I feel like he acted appropriately in this situation...only faulted for giving him extra chances). See ya Simas. It sucks to lose the talent, but he obviously cannot handle it.

If Simas doesn't play this year, receiving corps will again be a problem. Clemons is nothing to me other than "Well, he was really good on practice so we can project 800+ receiving yards np" until he goes out and shows it on the field. I don't care about "talent" on paper. Last year we said the same thing about Simmons... guess what? Espinoza and Ebner got more burn than him over the course of the year, despite talent disparity, because that's just how Dan Hawkins likes to roll.

I refuse to lean on "we have plenty of talent at WR anyway" until I actually see someone other than our under-talented walkons stepping on the field on game day and producing.

As far as I am concerned, and until Hawk shows me otherwise, if Simas doesn't play this year we will see extremely healthy doses of Espinoza and Ebner, despite all the other more talented players on the roster. Dan Hawkins, I am sure, has absolutely 0 problem in trotting out a three receiver set of McKnight, Espinoza, and Ebner while Simmons, Clemons, Darden, et al watch from the bench. Simas missing next year = more time for the guys who probably shouldn't be seeing the field to begin with (and, to be completely clear, I am not talking about McKnight).

There is no reason at all for him to miss the court date, he knew and just didnt give a **** I guess.

Parent perspective: Kids miss stuff all the time.

One of mine has known for four months he had jury duty. Not a court date, but a date with the court. He gets up early and dressed on the wrong day, (early, not late.)
It's written everywhere in our house, on a refrigerator magnet, the summons is sitting on the kitchen counter next to his place at the breakfast table, it's presumably in his pda, but he still got the date mixed up.

Okay, that's a kid living at home with two parents hovering and reminding him constantly, and HE couldn't get the jury date straight in his head. (He got there on time the following week, on his own, without reminding.) We aren't exactly helicopter parents, but we are definitely paper airplanes in his general vicinity. But I "get" that Simas might have just screwed up like anybody else his age.

Just sayin' ---- it's not always a total disregard or lack of respect for the courts, sometimes it's just memory lapse and poor time management. The court will understand if they hear from the defendant right away and get a new date set.

I'm not excusing Simas for missing it, he should have been there. But he will not be the first college student (or adult for that matter) to oversleep, miss the bus, get the date or time wrong, etc. Yeah, it's SERIOUS to fail to appear. I know that, he knows that. BUT ... The court will understand if he handles the next step correctly and gets back on track quickly.

I refuse to lean on "we have plenty of talent at WR anyway" until I actually see someone other than our under-talented walkons stepping on the field on game day and producing.

yeah, our leading WR in the Spring Game was Kyle Cefalo. I was there, he looked good (legit)....but also, he was Cody's #1 guy for sure.

One of mine has known for four months he had jury duty. Not a court date, but a date with the court. He gets up early and dressed on the wrong day, (early, not late.)
It's written everywhere in our house, on a refrigerator magnet, the summons is sitting on the kitchen counter next to his place at the breakfast table, it's presumably in his pda, but he still got the date mixed up.

Okay, that's a kid living at home with two parents hovering and reminding him constantly, and HE couldn't get the jury date straight in his head. (He got there on time the following week, on his own, without reminding.) We aren't exactly helicopter parents, but we are definitely paper airplanes in his general vicinity. But I "get" that Simas might have just screwed up like anybody else his age.

Just sayin' ---- it's not always a total disregard or lack of respect for the courts, sometimes it's just memory lapse and poor time management. The court will understand if they hear from the defendant right away and get a new date set.

I'm not excusing Simas for missing it, he should have been there. But he will not be the first college student (or adult for that matter) to oversleep, miss the bus, get the date or time wrong, etc. Yeah, it's SERIOUS to fail to appear. I know that, he knows that. BUT ... The court will understand if he handles the next step correctly and gets back on track quickly.
I got ripped for saying there may be a "good reason." I was coming exactly from where you are coming from. I sould have used the term "reasonable explanation." Hopefully, that is the case and his "advocate," if he has one, can convince the court that there is a "reasonable explanation" and the court will back off.

I got ripped for saying there may be a "good reason." I was coming exactly from where you are coming from. I sould have used the term "reasonable explanation." Hopefully, that is the case and his "advocate," if he has one, can convince the court that there is a "reasonable explanation" and the court will back off.

Shut up, Hawk lover.

Oh, and AJ. Good post. Very reasonable.

Very reasonable perspective. I would say, though, in the case of Simas, he has been given multiple second chances to right the ship. Any slip-ups will not (or should not) be considered a common mistake by a college student.

I'm sorry, "I forgot" is the ****tiest excuse of all time. The Courts certainly won't tolerate it.

Of course they will. What do you think? he gets the electric chair? ten to life?

No, they just want him to stand before them, hat in hand, saying "I'm really sorry, judge. That was totally stupid of me to mix up the dates. I thought it said June 24, not May."

They aren't about to throw a non-violent college student in jail UNLESS he gets picked up on bench warrant instead of showing up asap with head bowed. Overcrowded jails, overburdened courts, he could still be back at the same place with the missed court date erased, if he gets in there and sets a new court date (and shows up.)

Of course they will. What do you think? he gets the electric chair? ten to life?

No, they just want him to stand before them, hat in hand, saying "I'm really sorry, judge. That was totally stupid of me to mix up the dates. I thought it said June 24, not May."

They aren't about to throw a non-violent college student in jail UNLESS he gets picked up on bench warrant instead of showing up asap with head bowed. Overcrowded jails, overburdened courts, he could still be back at the same place with the missed court date erased, if he gets in there and sets a new court date (and shows up.)

Of course he isn't going to get the electric chair. But he's not going to get any leniency, either.

We want our student athletes to be given a fair shake, but it is easy to see why they don't when they can't even show up for a court date.

Bad news. I heard a rumor that he actually is going to the electric chair. Sad to see someone with such potential end up dead.

Bad news. I heard a rumor that he actually is going to the electric chair. Sad to see someone with such potential end up dead.

You've got bad info, CO went to lethal injection years ago. So while the it may be better than the electric chair, it's still sad.:huh:

An we fire hawk for cause due to a ****ty (and worsening) APR?

Yes, in part.

I hate that Simas F*cked this up but I'm going to make lemonade out of this.

Hawk lobbied with the President of the university to keep his job this year despite poor on field performance because: grades were better (not true anymore), recruiting was better (not true anymore) and the athletes were good citizens of the university and community (now also not true anymore - thanks Simas).

All of the reasons Hawk used to justify keeping his job are now gone and the one reason that could help him continue as the HC (winning a lot of games) doesn't look like it's going to happen either.

Thanks Marcus for taking away the last ridiculous reason to justify keeping Hawk. We can all now look forward to him being fired at the end of the season (or sooner).

The lemonade is tart but has a refreshing finish.

Yes, in part.

I hate that Simas F*cked this up but I'm going to make lemonade out of this.

Hawk lobbied with the President of the university to keep his job this year despite poor on field performance because: grades were better (not true anymore), recruiting was better (not true anymore) and the athletes were good citizens of the university and community (now also not true anymore - thanks Simas).

All of the reasons Hawk used to justify keeping his job are now gone and the one reason that could help him continue as the HC (winning a lot of games) doesn't look like it's going to happen either.

Thanks Marcus for taking away the last ridiculous reason to justify keeping Hawk. We can all now look forward to him being fired at the end of the season (or sooner).

The lemonade is tart but has a refreshing finish.
Grades (GPA) and APR are two completely different things.

Grades (GPA) and APR are two completely different things.

The APR is what matters though in regard to keeping scholarships. I don't care if they have a good overall GPA for the most part. I'd rather have kids that are making grade and winning then trotting out some bull**** GPA number while our APR continues to get us a reduction is scholarships.

Back