What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simas..Markques Simas....

I dont think there is anyway in hell he comes back. Whether he is in Cali or not, Im sure he is aware he has a warrant by now. If he really wanted to fix the situation, he would come back and talk to the courts or police. Thats kinda wrong on my part though, maybe he has and it hasnt come out yet?

I dont think there is anyway in hell he comes back. Whether he is in Cali or not, Im sure he is aware he has a warrant by now. If he really wanted to fix the situation, he would come back and talk to the courts or police. Thats kinda wrong on my part though, maybe he has and it hasnt come out yet?
I had a warrant in WYO and moved to Cali and forgot about it. Then I got pulled over and apparently my drivers' license had been suspended over my warrant in WYO. You can't just move out of state and forget about those things.

He is currently in Boulder. Hopefully he just turns himself in and gets his **** settled.

If he's in Boulder, you know damn well he knows. I was kind of getting at,even if he was in Cali, somebody would have told him by now.

I'd assume with the holiday Monday, the soonest he can get to court and begin to make amends is first thing Tuesday.

His court date was the 12th and the warrant was issued the 17th... he's had 18 days to make amends for missing his court date and 13 days to do something about the warrant.

His court date was the 12th and the warrant was issued the 17th... he's had 18 days to make amends for missing his court date and 13 days to do something about the warrant.

Yeah, but if he just spaced the court date, which is what I assume happened, he wouldn't have known until his picture was in the paper. When was that?

How do you know he hasn't?

Well how do you know he has? No one knows anything, all we can hope for is that he doesn't **** himself over too much. Regardless of whether he can play for the team next year, we need to hope that he can stay out of jail and trouble and get his life on the right track. That isn't up for us to decide, but as a public "star player" for a football team many people care about, we do have the choice to discuss his situation.

EDIT: Also, there have been 3,755 views to this thread the last time I checked. I know football players [including Simas himself] read this board so I'm sure he is aware.

Last edited:
The strange this about this is that none of the media have reported a single thing about this matter since the story came out about the bench warrant. You'd think those crack reporters at the DC or DP would have ferreted out at least some of the facts by now. Heck, even the internets guys -- Ralphie and CU At -- have been virtually silent on this. No rumors floating around? The least someone could do is make something up.....

If he was at home for the break, and spaced the court date, AND just got back to Boulder --- I assume the earliest he can get to court is Tuesday at this point.

However, from their website, it appears he can reschedule by phone. Maybe, just maybe, he has.

from http://www.bouldercounty.org/da/court.htm
What happens in common County Court cases?

The most common cases in County Court consist of traffic charges and Domestic Violence matters.

Traffic charges include DUI/DWAI, No Proof of Insurance, Driving under Restraint or Suspension, and Careless Driving. For example in DUI/DWAI matters, first time offenders who are not involved in an accident, did not cause an injury to another person, and whose blood alcohol content is below a certain limit will usually receive a sentence to Probation with fines and costs, community service, a requirement to submit to an alcohol/substance abuse evaluation, and must follow through with treatment recommendations. Conviction of a second or subsequent DUI/DWAI offense generally results in more significant consequences for the offender.
Missed or Rescheduled Arraignment
(first court appearance)

Depending on how long ago your arraignment was, you may have a bench warrant for your arrest. Call 441-3644 to check if you have an active Boulder County warrant. To reschedule your first court date, call the Magistrate's division at 441-3754. You may also make this request in writing.

Of course he knows by now - wouldn't his attorney have called to ask where the f**k he was?

Yes...BUT...

If I'm out on cruise and one of my Sailors does something really, really stupid (and gets caught), guess who takes the heat? Therefore, I take some measures to make sure that my Sailors don't get caught, which does involve some minor intrusion and hand-holding (though I'm better than most at letting the Sailors just be Sailors).

Off topic, but this just confirms my suspicions about Navy boys. 'Minor intrusions' and 'hand-holding'. Surprised you didn't openly admit to spooning.

:smile2:

Off topic, but this just confirms my suspicions about Navy boys. 'Minor intrusions' and 'hand-holding'. Surprised you didn't openly admit to spooning.

:smile2:

Well, the Senate is discussing policy now, but when the full process is complete I'll feel more comfortable discussing spooning. Oh, and Fibby. I assure you that the intrusion wouldn't be "minor" if your insinuations were accurate...

Back