What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simmons Situation Not Confirmed By AD

You don't have him out there running outs, curls, or slants. You send him deep. He might not have a huge effect in the stat-box, but he will force the safeties to stay honest.

You don't have him out there running outs, curls, or slants. You send him deep. He might not have a huge effect in the stat-box, but he will force the safeties to stay honest.

Sure, but if CSU knows that, it won't matter. They'll single cover him all day, figuring that he doesn't know the playbook well enough to be a threat. You know the old cliche that when you send a guy deep and it's an incomplete pass that you're "keeping them honest"? Well, thats BS. Because it's still an incomplete pass, and whatever they did to defend it worked just fine.

Again, I think it's awesome that he'll be playing, but I wouldn't count on much productivity for a while. I hope he proves me wrong. That would be allsome.

He hasn't been able to do anything but watch practice and work out on his own. I'm betting he's been running and is in decent shape.

He is a 4-star recruit with 2 years playing at Juco. He isn't going to be 100% up-to-speed, but you get the ball in his hands somehow... even if it is just a couple of plays. 1 big play out of him will force the lambs to reevaluate their coverage.

Free Simmons: Day 18

Still in the dark here. So when does the AD make the announcement?
At what point does Bill Clinton get involved?

:confused: Even if the kid was here since day one that statement would apply.

You think so? With Simas out, Simmons is our only true deep threat. If he were here from day one, I tend to think he'd be a lot more involved in the offense than he will be at this juncture.

I believe things like Simmons being in game shape and being comfortable reading the defense will have more to do with how many snaps he gets... not his understanding of the playbook. It's not real hard for the QB to make the call in the huddle and then tell Simmons, "10 yard curl". It's the other stuff.

....It's not real hard for the QB to make the call in the huddle and then tell Simmons, "10 yard curl". It's the other stuff.

I doubt very seriously it's as simple as that 7th grade play. In college there's checkoffs and dependencies.

I wrote a few months ago not to expect too much in the non-conference part of the season from Simmons based on my expectation that he would arrive just in time to participate in fall camp. Still my expectation, although I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I don't expect to see much of him on the field until Simas is back frankly.

He is definitely in shape, and it shouldn't take too long to get up to game speed. He won't be a star against CSU, but I would say he will be targeted 4 times with 3 catches for 42 yards. Write it down.

Hasn't Simmons been watching many/all the practices? Eventhough he has not been able to participate, is there anything to stop the coaches from giving him a playbook? I have to beleive with his dedication and chomping at the bit to particiaptet hat he has spent his free time making sure he is as ready to hit the ground ready as possible. I think his situation will allow him to get caught up to speed pretty quick...especially at a postion like WR. If we wer talking about Moten who headed home to Cali I would be more critical in his ability to compete right away, but not a JC transfer that has been lurking around.

Could it have been a compliance issue? If he's not part of the team and it's a closed practice, it may be that he couldn't go to them. I don't think that MTM and Celestine have been at the practices.

a-Transfer, will sit out the 2009 season
b-Excused
c-Waiting On NCAA Certification
d-Ineligible

Now if dion will just explain his "balls" to us... :afraid:

Maybe he could do that for you in the chat room or on a PM.

Is there a release? I have looked at the roster everyday and this is the first time he didnt have the "C".

The buffzone article now says he's cleared to join practice today. And it says it was confirmed with a source in the football program, as well as with his mother (which is all it said yesterday I believe?).

Per Twitter about a half hour ago... KyleRingo: Just confirmed with the Registrar. Andre Simmons is enrolled fulltime

Per Twitter about a half hour ago... KyleRingo: Just confirmed with the Registrar. Andre Simmons is enrolled fulltime

So? That doesn't mean he has been cleared by the NCAA, right? Isn't that the problem? Until I read that he has been cleared to play this season by the NCAA, I'm still gunna hold my breath.

So? That doesn't mean he has been cleared by the NCAA, right? Isn't that the problem? Until I read that he has been cleared to play this season by the NCAA, I'm still gunna hold my breath.

Dude. Don't be holding your breath waiting for the NCAA to do anything. Reggie Bush left USC 4 years ago and they still haven't done anything there.

Dude. Don't be holding your breath waiting for the NCAA to do anything. Reggie Bush left USC 4 years ago and they still haven't done anything there.

They've seemed to be keen to follow the Buffs program pretty closely as far as I can tell.

Edit: And if his current NCAA status is ineligible, I don't think it's particularly encouraging to point to the NCAA's tendency to be tardy in producing decisions.

Last edited:
Back