What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simpson Breaks Record, Buffs Defeat Oregon State (Volleyball)

RSSBot

News Junkie
Category: Volleyball

Senior Taylor Simpson got her record and junior Alexis Austin had a career night as the Buffaloes defeated Oregon State 3-1 in the final regular season home match.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
Click here to view the article.

"
BOULDER — University of Colorado senior Taylor Simpson got her record and junior Alexis Austin had a career night as the Buffaloes defeated Oregon State 3-1 (25-22, 25-20, 19-25, 25-17) in the final regular season home match of the season.

Simpson broke CU’s single season kills record of 528 kills, which was set by Sarah Lodge in 1997. She entered the match with 516 kills and had 13 kills in the win, recording the record setting kill in the final point of the match. Simpson now has 529 kills this season.

“It’s such an honor but I wouldn’t be getting those kill without my team,” Simpson said. “All credit to all of the passers and Gabby [Simpson] and Nicole [Edelman] because they’re the ones were feeding me the ball. I couldn't do it without them so credit to them. It’s nice [that she achieved the record at home]. Going out into the NCAA’s, it just gives me more motivation to keep pushing past that record and set it higher. It’s all about the team and I’m so glad I got to do it with this team.”

Austin hammered 26 kills in the win and hit .396 with five errors on 53 attacks. This is the fourth time in her career she has tallied 20 or more kills in a match. She also recorded her first career double-double with 10 digs while adding three blocks.

"

Last edited by a moderator:
BIG congrats again to Ms. Simpson for the all-time CU season record, Ms. Austin for a strong personal best, and the whole Buff team for a very good effort against a good solid OSU team on what must have been an emotional (Senior) day.

Last edited:
Back