What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

since it looks like we are headed for obliviion in these final 3 games...

If we aren't 3-0 coming out of the OOC, we're in big trouble. We ought to be able to win at least 3 of 9 conference games and get to some kind of pathetic bowl nobody has heard of. That's assuming there are enough bowl bids to go around the Pac 12.

If we aren't 3-0 coming out of the OOC, we're in big trouble. We ought to be able to win at least 3 of 9 conference games and get to some kind of pathetic bowl nobody has heard of. That's assuming there are enough bowl bids to go around the Pac 12.

I would take ANY bowl right now. I would take the Eskimo bowl in Nome, Alaska against Middle Tennessee state right about now.

We should have 7 games on campus next year, plus the CSU game in Denver, right? According to the schedule on the AD site, we've got CSU, then the open for FCS week (at home), then the Fresno State game here. Since we had 5 of our 9 conference games on the road this year, we should have 5 of 9 at home next year. If we only have to leave the state 4 times next season, that should dramatically increase our odds of getting bowl eligible.

The Pac-10 always struggled filling all of its bowl slots so there should be spare bowl slots for any Pac-12 team that can finish with at least 6 wins.

We should have 7 games on campus next year, plus the CSU game in Denver, right? According to the schedule on the AD site, we've got CSU, then the open for FCS week (at home), then the Fresno State game here. Since we had 5 of our 9 conference games on the road this year, we should have 5 of 9 at home next year. If we only have to leave the state 4 times next season, that should dramatically increase our odds of getting bowl eligible.

Crazy as it sounds, the Fresno game is on the road.

I think we are going to Fresno

No optimism from me for next year unless this team can win @UCLA and/or @Utah this season. The road losing steak needs to stop.

The Pac-10 always struggled filling all of its bowl slots so there should be spare bowl slots for any Pac-12 team that can finish with at least 6 wins.

That's when you had 10 teams. A 12-team conference is a horse of a different color. Figure most schools are going to come out of the OOC at 2-1 or 3-0, so it's entirely possible that there will be 9 bowl-eligible teams in the Pac 12 next season. That happened somewhat frequently in the Big 12. The Pac 12 has fewer bowl tie-ins. It's an issue.

Fresno is on the road next year and at home in 2013.

Not a guy on a buffalo

That's when you had 10 teams. A 12-team conference is a horse of a different color. Figure most schools are going to come out of the OOC at 2-1 or 3-0, so it's entirely possible that there will be 9 bowl-eligible teams in the Pac 12 next season. That happened somewhat frequently in the Big 12. The Pac 12 has fewer bowl tie-ins. It's an issue.

I cant remember the last time most Pac-10 schools came out of their OOC 2-1 or 3-0. If it is a big issue I will eat crow, but I really don't see lack of bowl games being a problem for the Pac-12.

Questions about CU's opponnents for 2012, still don't know the order of how we play each team.

CSU: Should be a win, should always be a win, should always be a blowout win.

@ Fresno: Fresno isn't what they were in the early 00's, but it is a road game. Will feel better about this if we can win at UCLA or Utah this year

FCS: Should be a win, but then theres Montana state, arrrggg

Bye week:HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Washington St: They beat us in Boulder, now it's in Pullman, yikes!

Stanford: They will take a huge step down. They lose Luck, Owusu, and Fleener. This will be a winnable game

Washington: It's here but Washington will be even better and likely have the best QB in the conference next year, probably a loss

@ Oregon: No hope

Arizona St: Could be winnable if Burfict and Osweller go pro

@ USC: Lose Barkley, but still loaded. Probably a no hoper like Oregon

@ Arizona: What will they be like with new coach? They lose Foles and Criner. Winnable road game.

UCLA: Is Ricky back? If so a very winnable game. If a new good coach, could be a loss

Utah: They do return a lot and it's here. Toss up game as of right now

@ Washington St: They beat us in Boulder, now it's in Pullman, yikes!
If our secondary is healthy, unlike when we played them earlier, I think this will be a win because while it is on the road, WSU has no real home field advantage to speak of.

is that spiked kool-aid you drink'n? I am NOT getting hyped up before seasons anymore - the Buffs have a long, long ways to go... I have been kicked in the nuts way to many times the last 5-6 years... no more hype, I am in the show me first mode at this point. Prove me wrong BUFFS!!

Yeah right. I say the same **** every single year, then the off-season reports come out. "We're looking stronger and faster, the young guys are really stepping up, this QB looks like the goods".
Every year I say I'm not falling for it, and every year just before the season starts I start picturing 9 wins. You will too...

If our secondary is healthy, unlike when we played them earlier, I think this will be a win because while it is on the road, WSU has no real home field advantage to speak of.

So you predicting 9-3 or 10-2 next year? I can tell you right now, we will NOT win both of @ Fresno and @ Wazzu.

So you predicting 9-3 or 10-2 next year? I can you right now, we will NOT win both of @ Fresno and @ Wazzu.
So why won't we win? This road streak isn't a streak that will never end. I'm predicting 7-5 BEST case scenario which means upsetting Stanford, 6-6 as realistic and 5-7 also being realistic.

This defense has more problems than the secondary. Our LB's even with rippy were average at best. The DL hasn't done much other than duribe getting some early sacks at the start of the year. If you're going to play a 3-4 version, you better have a NT who can disrupt running plays and a DT and DE who can get after it.

Also, I know embree wants to be a power running team but until they get an o-line and backs that weigh more than a broomstick,it isn't happening.

So why won't we win? This road streak isn't a streak that will never end. I'm predicting 7-5 BEST case scenario which means upsetting Stanford, 6-6 as realistic and 5-7 also being realistic.

We won't win because we suck, dude. Don't you get it? We are ****ing horrible.

Love your optimism, just don't agree. Hell I laughed at that guy who said cu wouldn't win a pac 12 game,....

This is going to be a long rebuilding process, we aren't going to go from a 1-12 season and suddenly flip a switch and have things rolling again. As Boulder Buff has mentioned previously, if we're lucky, we'll see an identity established towards the end of next season. The growing pains are going to continue to be present through the first half of the season, and possibly the entire year. 6-6 would be an absolute best case scenario, 4-8 is realistic.

I know we suck and the losing is getting old, but frankly I'm getting tired of the negativity and the pessimists putting the others down. Have some faith or don't be such jerks IMO.

I know we suck and the losing is getting old, but frankly I'm getting tired of the negativity and the pessimists putting the others down. Have some faith or don't be such jerks IMO.

I'm getting tired of the optimist putting down the realist...

Because Fresno State is some world beater and injuries have played no part in our sucking this year.

Maybe if cu wins a road game then fans will have a better feeling about fresno state. Injuries are not the only reason this team has been so bad this season.

Exactly! Montana State, Hawaii, and Toledo aren't world beaters either... oh wait.
Other than Hawaii, those were Dan Hawkins coached teams. And even with Hawaii, that was the staffs first game at their respective positions ever.

Not trying to be a dick here, but you could say the same for yourself too.

Other than Hawaii, those were Dan Hawkins coached teams. And even with Hawaii, that was the staffs first game at their respective positions ever.

Bottom line is.. we still did lose. No win is ever a guarantee and you look like a fool when you say we are def going to beat Fresno and any other FCS team.

Back