What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sir Larry Scott.. (P12 considering buying out Larry Scott)

Conference takes a back seat to the Buffs. To say the Pac12 needs a dominant team who is not CU, to make CU look better, is lost in the weeds.

The Buffs need to win. The Pac12 will come back, collectively, when enough of the right people get tired of losing. Regardless, the “CU can never be a traditional power again” crap is, well, timid and weak.

tenor.gif

since this has become our general thread to post on the woes of the Pac-12

1. this CBS pieces summarizes a lot of what's already been posted. one new angle that I haven't seen explored much before this though, is that the author seems to have reason to believe that the $500M asking price for 10% share in the Pac-12 is highly overvalued based on valuations of other conferences (e.g. B1G is estimated at $2B).

2. this has average men's basketball attendance across the conference (5/12 schools averaging <5k per game -- ouch):
Arizona – 13,588.
Utah – 11,168.
Arizona State – 9,697.
Oregon – 8,166.
UCLA – 7,810.
Colorado – 6,567.
Washington – 6,563.
California – 4,654.
Oregon State – 4,535.
Stanford – 3,488.
USC – 3,145.
Washington State – 2,003.

since this has become our general thread to post on the woes of the Pac-12

1. this CBS pieces summarizes a lot of what's already been posted. one new angle that I haven't seen explored much before this though, is that the author seems to have reason to believe that the $500M asking price for 10% share in the Pac-12 is highly overvalued based on valuations of other conferences (e.g. B1G is estimated at $2B).

2. this has average men's basketball attendance across the conference (5/12 schools averaging <5k per game -- ouch):

Banishing the Song Girls really paying off for SC.

five thirty eight chimes in:

The Pac-12 Is In Shambles

Lots of stats in there, but the conclusion is dead-on:

Living up to the standard established by John Wooden, who won 10 national championships over 12 years at UCLA, would be impossible. But falling to the bottom of the major-conference barrel in the two sports most scrutinized is a disastrous turn for a conference literally branded around dominance.

To some, the Conference of Champions® has transformed into the Circle of Suck. This may be the bleakest moment in the illustrious history of the Pac-12, as the conference continues its stroll away from relevancy.

N9D5iyV.png

Obviously the players in the article try to dismiss the idea of conference realignment but this really shows how valuable UT and OU and two others would be to the PAC 12 for game times, recruiting territory, tv markets, popularity national relevance.

Obviously the players in the article try to dismiss the idea of conference realignment but this really shows how valuable UT and OU and two others would be to the PAC 12 for game times, recruiting territory, tv markets, popularity national relevance.

I think this would be a great move for both conferences. I'd also suggest going to 8 game conference schedules
1. So teams could schedule for other rivalries (e.g. CU/NU, CU/AFA, UT/TA&M)
2. Because SoS/SoV wont be an issue with 11 P5 games and 11/12 games against opponents who play 11 P5 games each year.

I think this would be a great move for both conferences. I'd also suggest going to 8 game conference schedules
2. Because SoS/SoV wont be an issue with 11 P5 games and 11/12 games against opponents who play 11 P5 games each year.
I see what you did with #1 - good job!

While the rest of the FBS continues to schedule NAIA non-con games?

This would improve both conferences Strength of Schedules debates for one.
This would allow the P12 to play in relevant time zones for a change.

I believe there was a proposal a decade ago for the B1G and PAC to schedule 1 of the 3 non conference games against each other to strengthen ties between the conferences. But it never materialized.

While the rest of the FBS continues to schedule NAIA non-con games?
Sorry? Not following you here.

B1G, SEC and ACC all have rules about scheduling >=1 non-conf P5 opponents already. I'm not clear whose currently scheduling NAIA schools, but no, I'm not in favor of P5 schools scheduling those, certainly not more than 1 per year.

Go to 8 conference games and then 2 against the Big 12, one home, one away. Home game counts in the promised tv package for 9 conference games previously.

This leaves the scheduling freedom of two other games, so USC and Stanford can keep scheduling ND if they want, along with one patsy.

I love the idea.

God I really don't want to see an 8 game schedule. 9 conference games, 2 games against Big-12 opponents (although I would prefer 1 against the Big-12 and 1 against the Big-10) and a G5 sounds about as perfect as Colorado could ask for. Just imagine a year we got a Nebraska and Oklahoma (is that ever happened) and then some sort of CSU/AFA/Wyo combo to finish it out.

Back