What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sir Larry Scott.. (P12 considering buying out Larry Scott)

SECN, BTN and all the others are on this service. Not sure what the big deal is besides it taking too long for PACN to be on. Weird that people are making this a Pac-12 thing as an excuse to pile on.

it’s half-assed and rinky dink. It may become next giant of the industry. But right now it is barely an afterthought.

it’s half-assed and rinky dink. It may become next giant of the industry. But right now it is barely an afterthought.
I agree with you there. But something tells me Reditt didn’t give the NFL crap for putting its network on it.

I read “embarrass” in your post as it being a bad look for the conference. Misunderstood that you were talking about how unprofessional & tiny this company looks.

Holy shyt. I play poker with Zee Rahim at MGM National Harbor.
Next time:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
From Wilner's newsletter today, I would suppose that UCLA is now going to be an advocate for driving increased revenue distributions from the conference offices and better management.

• A special report published late Friday morning took a deep dive into UCLA's sudden and severe budget squeeze: Documents obtained by the Hotline indicate coaching changes and increased expenses left the Bruins with a $19 million shortfall in FY19 -- that's right: $19 million -- and in need of a bailout from campus. This, from a department that has been as efficient as any over the past 15-20 years. Yikes.

SIAP, but apparently P12 network streams live for free on YouTube as of 12/4/19? I feel like I’m missing something here.

Edit: it appears to be the former international stream but currently available in USA.

Last edited:
The revenue gap is actually bigger than the dollar amounts due to differences in vision.

In the Pac-12, more revenue supports a vision of being able to offer more sports and opportunities for student athletes so UCLA and others can offer over 20 well-funded varsity sports.

In other conferences, more revenue supports a vision of being able to have more employees at higher pay in the football program to outcompete the NFL for the best coaching and administrative talent.

Not only does the SEC, for example, distribute more money to its member institutions but those institutions are much more focused on their usage of those funds.

The revenue gap is actually bigger than the dollar amounts due to differences in vision.

In the Pac-12, more revenue supports a vision of being able to offer more sports and opportunities for student athletes so UCLA and others can offer over 20 well-funded varsity sports.

In other conferences, more revenue supports a vision of being able to have more employees at higher pay in the football program to outcompete the NFL for the best coaching and administrative talent.

Not only does the SEC, for example, distribute more money to its member institutions but those institutions are much more focused on their usage of those funds.
But what’s the leakage to recruits? I kid, I kid. Everyone knows that comes from booster money.

SIAP, but apparently P12 network streams live for free on YouTube as of 12/4/19? I feel like I’m missing something here.

Edit: it appears to be the former international stream but currently available in USA.

Thats got to be a glitch. There’s no way that our carriage contracts allow us to give away the national feed for free on regular youtube.

Playing that out, is Lance ready to be an AD?
I think Lance is in the right position, focusing on football. I'd like to bring in someone with more of an RG type resume if CU has to make a hire.

No joke -- that's a job that I might even be willing to entertain the idea of a Dave Logan if they wanted to go a different direction. Entrepreneur who is very media savvy and knows the business.

Back