What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Skip holtz

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
Sign him up. Solid coach! Also, it would piss Lou off, which can only be a good thing!

why would he come to a loser program with a loser administration? He can do much better than CU..

thanks for your contribution Jimmy. It was as refreshing as it was unexpected! :thumbsup:

Sorry that the truth hurts.. Just because its the new year doesn't change reality..

Although it should be noted that I did call for Talkins to win 8 games next year in a thread earlier in December.

Talkins ain't going anywhere so forget about new coaches anytime soon.

it's completely non existent. nobody outside of colorado fans even remember that cu used to have a good football team

Jimmy, you sell CU football way too short. There is a lot that CU has going for it. We're not a loser program. We have a loser for a head coach. There's a big difference.

Skip Holtz will be gone long before the Buffs get a chance to hire him, though.

I believe that the Big East is going to announce football membership for East Carolina and that it should get him to stay for a while.

He makes $1.16 million a year at ECU. And they've got a 43,000 seat stadium they sell out, which is in the process of being expanded to 62,000 seats.

I believe that the Big East is going to announce football membership for East Carolina and that it should get him to stay for a while.

He makes $1.16 million a year at ECU. And they've got a 43,000 seat stadium they sell out, which is in the process of being expanded to 62,000 seats.

Did you read this somewhere or is that just what you think will happen over the next few years?

Did you read this somewhere or is that just what you think will happen over the next few years?

Just message board and blog chatter.

It doesn't look like they'll be able to bring Villanova up to D1A and they need to at least get to 9 teams for schedule balance (4 home / 4 away in conference). East Carolina is #1 as far as mutual interest (assuming they can't get Boston College back or get Maryland to jump over).

Also a potential split that's looking very likely that will break the conference apart (8 basketball-football teams form a conference / 8 basketball-only teams form a conference). In that scenario, the football conference would look to add East Carolina. Memphis, UAB and Troy are the 2nd tier (they really don't like UCF for whatever reason). UMass, Richmond, Charlotte and Georgia State are all programs they have their eyes on which could move up to D1A football.

Just message board and blog chatter.

It doesn't look like they'll be able to bring Villanova up to D1A and they need to at least get to 9 teams for schedule balance (4 home / 4 away in conference). East Carolina is #1 as far as mutual interest (assuming they can't get Boston College back or get Maryland to jump over).

Also a potential split that's looking very likely that will break the conference apart (8 basketball-football teams form a conference / 8 basketball-only teams form a conference). In that scenario, the football conference would look to add East Carolina. Memphis, UAB and Troy are the 2nd tier (they really don't like UCF for whatever reason). UMass, Richmond, Charlotte and Georgia State are all programs they have their eyes on which could move up to D1A football.

Charlotte (UNCC) is a long way off from playing I-A football because they aren't starting play until 2013 at the earliest and then would be looking at at least 2-3 years playing at the I-AA level. The other 3 are more realistic possibilities since they already have well-established I-AA programs.

it's completely non existent. nobody outside of colorado fans even remember that cu used to have a good football team

not true at all. this summer i was in columbus, on an overnight. went to the champs sports bar for dinner wearing my colorado pullover. waiter says to me "when the hell is colorado going to come back? man, they had some sweet teams!"

people know who colorado is. even in the south. the bubbas i fly with who follow college football know damn well about what CU was.

not true at all. this summer i was in columbus, on an overnight. went to the champs sports bar for dinner wearing my colorado pullover. waiter says to me "when the hell is colorado going to come back? man, they had some sweet teams!"

people know who colorado is. even in the south. the bubbas i fly with who follow college football know damn well about what CU was.

Yep.

The only way you don't remember is if you're like 12 years old. But maybe that describes a good number of internet scum posters. Hmmmm

At least during the Liberty Bowl, they included CU in the mix of the 50 other teams who have participated.....

Yep.

The only way you don't remember is if you're like 12 years old. But maybe that describes a good number of internet scum posters. Hmmmm

I would say those under the age of 25 outside Colorado and whose parents were not Buffs have little to no knowledge of the program before Neuheisel. If they followed CFB in 2001 they'll definitely remember that season but more than likely view it as an outlier of an above-average, but not great, program. It's going to take multiple winning seasons and consecutive CCG appearances to change the mindset of the younger generation outside our fanbase.

Jimmy, you sell CU football way too short. There is a lot that CU has going for it. We're not a loser program. We have a loser for a head coach. There's a big difference.

Historically you are correct. But with the people running it now and the administration who seems to not really care if we win or lose it sure feels like we are a loser program..

Back