What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Slick Rick Fired

Wow...nice job by the UCLA AD torpedoing any faint chance that UCLA had at pulling off the shocker of the year on Friday...

Actually, I think he might have given them a faint chance. If Neuheisel's players have any sack, they will want to send him out a winner. Add in a Rose Bowl bid and maybe they play the most inspired game of their lives.

According to their MO this season they could have narrowly beaten the Ducks only to get blown out 84 - 3 in their BCS bowl game.

will embree close the circle and hire skippy as an assistant? lol.

i kid. i kid.

Like eskamo brothers, CU, UDub and UCLA have all shared our special moments with Rick.

My hope is that Skippy isn't done with his P12 tour yet. It would be perfectly okay by me if he leaves his next stain on one of the Arizona or Oregon schools.

i kid. i kid.

They may have had good rapport when working together in the past. However, he left us for dead in the NCAA crosshairs and for that, he is not welcome here.

**** Rick.

**** him hard.

I still hope UCLA loses by 50+, just to send him off on a whistling turd of a note.

Slick will land on his feet again. He's a fast talker, and the consummate salesman. Some AD is going to buy into his BS - just wait and see. Slickster will say "hey my last team played for the Pac 12 Championship, I got a bum deal, it wasn't my fault, it was all politics, that kind of thing could happen to anybody, it was just an unfortunate situation". Blah, blah, blah

He may well end up at some Div II school.:puke:

i kid. i kid.

Not too far outside the realm of possibilities. Embo and EB are buddies with Neu. But, there is no way he would take the paycut and the **** that would come with being a QB coach at CU.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/36adqj/
qm.gif
qm.gif
qm.gif
a.gif

Last edited:
Not too far outside the realm of possibilities. Embo and EB are buddies with Neu. But, there is no way he would take the paycut and the **** that would come with being a QB coach at CU.

he used to brag after the UW affair that he was coaching at a Seattle HS. he was a coach, and that was what coaches do. coach. purity of intent for Rick, just to make it all better for everyone. maybe we can bring Karl Dorrell back in and win get the 7 win team back together again. hooray.

edit: quick to sum: the humility play has always been a part of Rick's BS.

Last edited:

Embo and EB are buddies with Hagan too, but they are not going to let him coach anyone at CU.

Neu has a poor history of coaching QBs. It will not happen ever.

I realize that Hagan may have not done the best job coaching here at CU, but some of the comments go way overboard. I kind of wish he'd get another chance at another school just to move on. He's a young coach who is going to have ups, and downs. He should be shown the respect he deserves here at CU.

Sorry about the threadjack. Mods can move if necessary. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I realize that Hagan may have not done the best job coaching here at CU, but some of the comments go way overboard. I kind of wish he'd get another chance at another school just to move on. He's a young coach who is going to have ups, and downs. He should be shown the respect he deserves here at CU.

Point out whos talking bad about my Boy DH I'm getting my neg stick out.

I didn't say it was likely, just said it was not impossible. Neu did a pretty good job with Koy and Hessler, if I recall correctly.

He deserves respect for what he has done at CU, but that does not mean a free pass for his coaching abilities. I realize it is a fine line as to when it goes "overboard", but he got every opportunity to prove himself at CU and that apparently was not enough for Embree.

If he wants to keep coaching, he is going to have to make the effort to get out there. His current gig as recruiting coordinator is a dead end.

He deserves respect for what he has done at CU, but that does not mean a free pass for his coaching abilities. I realize it is a fine line as to when it goes "overboard", but he got every opportunity to prove himself at CU and that apparently was not enough for Embree.

Nothing wrong with critique.

Last edited:
Rick ruined Hessler. Totally destroyed his confidence.

I'd say when your second stringer comes in and rocks it the way Hessler did, there is probably some good coaching going on. Agree to disagree, I suppose.

Just because Rick ultimately took a dump on us doesn't mean the guy has never done a single good coaching job in his entire life.

Back