What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Smith and Scott, are they injured or are we saving them ...

buffsyko

Club Member
Club Member
until the mizzou game.

Smith 0 catches

Scott 1 carry 3 yds.

Yep,that's a productive use of those 2 players.

Speedy looks great,hitting the hole hard.

I don't ****ing get it. I know I'm not a coach, and its easy for me to sit here and b!tch, but Helrich needs to go. Gameplan and playcalling is AWFUL!!

I don't ****ing get it. I know I'm not a coach, and its easy for me to sit here and b!tch, but Helrich needs to go. Gameplan and playcalling is AWFUL!!

I don't understand why he's calling for rollouts to Cody's left on 3rd and long. We all know Cody isn't a threat to get the 1st on his feet, and he doesn't have the cannon to throw across his body for a first. It's like Watson is here all over again. Calling plays we know have a very low chance of actually picking up the first. AAAGH.

Play calling is poor. Very poor. Poor scheme. Poor execution. It doesn't look like we have any clue what we are doing out there.

The gameplan was decent. We just don't have enough playmakers on the field. The WR's cannot get open, and the OL can't hold their blocks.

Play calling is poor. Very poor. Poor scheme. Poor execution. It doesn't look like we have any clue what we are doing out there.

Where are the adjustments? It's like,okay we are injured at the OL,we have no chance at winning so let's keep running the same schemes and not attempt to put people in the best situation to succeed.

They can all go back to boise for all I care.

I don't understand why he's calling for rollouts to Cody's left on 3rd and long. We all know Cody isn't a threat to get the 1st on his feet, and he doesn't have the cannon to throw across his body for a first. It's like Watson is here all over again. Calling plays we know have a very low chance of actually picking up the first. AAAGH.

We run more play action passes on third down than any team I have ever seen.:huh:

Getting WR open is supposedly what Helfrich is special at doing. I don't think the gameplan was worth the Charmin extra soft is was printed on. IMHO

Sure, that's when you expect your OL to actually hold their blocks. You have to give your QB some time. You have to let the routes develop out there.

I think 4-8 is a real possibility. Maybe 5-7.

As long as Cody is the QB, we wont win. DH really needs to look at his program and make some changes. Cant chalk it all up on injuries. Every team has injuries every year. We couldnt even beat a injured underperforming KU team that is no where near the team they were last year.

As long as Cody is the QB, we wont win. DH really needs to look at his program and make some changes. Cant chalk it all up on injuries. Every team has injuries every year. We couldnt even beat a injured underperforming KU team that is no where near the team they were last year.

So the QB spot is the biggest problem we have?

I'm not sure it is, but I'm not convinced his struggles are entirely due to dropped passes and the offensive line. Even when he has time, he consistently makes the wrong read and he floats long balls way too often. At least 2-3 times a game, we miss a chance at a long pass play because he can't throw the long ball. Considering we're struggling to get 20 points a game, those missed opportunities are HUGE.

So,we are going to blame everything on the OL and just say we have no chance of winning because or OL is banged up and the freshman who are playing aren't better then what we thought?

How about the coaches ADJUST to this and do something about it? They are the experts so show us what that extension was for.

Make an adjustment ,COACH them up or just COACH.

So,we are going to blame everything on the OL and just say we have no chance of winning because or OL is banged up and the freshman who are playing aren't better then what we thought?

How about the coaches ADJUST to this and do something about it? They are the experts so show us what that extension was for.

Make an adjustment ,COACH them up or just COACH.

It all starts up front Syko. If the line doesn't do it's job, then running and passing game suffers.

Cody isn't free from blame out there. I don't think I've ever stated that.

Hawk says scott is fine after game...?

Okay,then why did he get 1 carry? If you aren't going to play him you should have redshirted him.His year has been wasted enough already.

For those who are about to say speedy has been the best back,that's true,i'm not saying stewart shouldn't be getting 17 carries a game.What I am saying is scott should be getting 15 carries a game not 1.

I have no faith in most the coaches on this staff and don't know what to believe when they talk about scott.

Re: Hawk says scott is fine after game...?

Okay,then why did he get 1 carry? If you aren't going to play him you should have redshirted him.His year has been wasted enough already.

For those who are about to say speedy has been the best back,that's true,i'm not saying stewart shouldn't be getting 17 carries a game.What I am saying is scott should be getting 15 carries a game not 1.

I have no faith in most the coaches on this staff and don't know what to believe when they talk about scott.

Is Sumler better than Scott? Why is Sumler getting so many carries in comparison. There must be more to this.

Is Sumler better than Scott? Why is Sumler getting so many carries in comparison. There must be more to this.

I heard a quote this week that Sumler is what Ellis has been in the past for this team. "Steady Eddie".

OTOH, I could never quite understand the number of carries Ellis got, either... :huh:

I heard a quote this week that Sumler is what Ellis has been in the past for this team. "Steady Eddie".

OTOH, I could never quite understand the number of carries Ellis got, either... :huh:

I totally agree! Ellis seemed like a great kid, but he was an awful back. 1 yard and a cloud of dust. I have said in other posts that I am not asking for Scott to get 15 - 20 carries but how about 5 - 10. 1 is idiotic and pointless, may as well sit him.

It's just really weird that he gets 1 carry instead of none.

I couldn't agree more! And he does this all day long. I was screaming at my TV saying the very same thing! I really am scratching my head at this staff. I don't get anything they are trying to do.

Why wasn't Josh in for many of the offensive plays? If he has a dinged shoulder that was keeping him out on the offense (as suggested by the lame ass announcers on ESPN), how can he be out there on returns? He needs to be in the game on every play for the offense.

i just read the transcript of hawk's post game interview over on the scout site.

it will do nothing to silence the detractors. i only read it and didn't hear it but he seemed very terse and pissed about the loss.

some highlights:

-the ol basically played ok.

-dscott is not hurt.

-cody will start next week.

-to win, they need to play better.

-it isn't a wasted year for scott because the season is only half over.

i am not sure what to make of that interview.

i just read the transcript of hawk's post game interview over on the scout site.

it will do nothing to silence the detractors. i only read it and didn't hear it but he seemed very terse and pissed about the loss.

some highlights:

-the ol basically played ok.

-dscott is not hurt.

-cody will start next week.

-to win, they need to play better.

-it isn't a wasted year for scott because the season is only half over.

i am not sure what to make of that interview.

Now, after hearing that, I'm starting to get a little pissed. I understand they are the coaches and they don't have to tell us everything. But, when a player who is extremely talented and has shown flashes of brilliance isn't playing and health apparently isn't the reason, fans deserve something.

So Cody starts next week and no meaningful comments about the utter lack of playing time for DS.

Sounds like a loss next week, 3-5 here we come!

... pathetic.

Now, after hearing that, I'm starting to get a little pissed. I understand they are the coaches and they don't have to tell us everything. But, when a player who is extremely talented and has shown flashes of brilliance isn't playing and health apparently isn't the reason, fans deserve something.

yeah, i don't get it either.

on ds, they are hiding something. and i don't know how he can say the ol played ok. he must be trying to boost their confidence or something. his answers were basically nearly monosyllabic until ringo asked him about whether scott's season was a waste. then, he launched into this thing about you live to be 74 on average, does a 43 year old think his life is over? and the season is only half done, etc. in print, he sounded pissed off.

yeah, i don't get it either.

on ds, they are hiding something. and i don't know how he can say the ol played ok. he must be trying to boost their confidence or something. his answers were basically nearly monosyllabic until ringo asked him about whether scott's season was a waste. then, he launched into this thing about you live to be 74 on average, does a 43 year old think his life is over? and the season is only half done, etc. in print, he sounded pissed off.

Weird indeed. :huh:

Poor wittle hawk can't stand the tough questions but always talks about standing in the fire. Well hawk,this is the big 12,fans and people here want an explanation and you need to come correct .

Back