What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So, do you guys hate the Ducks yet?

It's hard to hate anyone with how ****** we are. None of our games mean anything

You must be disappointed. Maybe you guys should get rid of your coach? We could trade....

Whiz why the hell don't you post on educk anymore?

Yeah, it's been a while over there too. I was on there more in the summer when the Beaver board was absolutely dead, but with the Beavs' surprising start there's been a lot more action over there. But it's nice to be missed, lol...I'll make sure to stop by again before too long, if nothing else at least I can rate some of my posts 5 stars!!! (It drives those guys crazy, especially lax!! :lol:)

You must be disappointed. Maybe you guys should get rid of your coach? We could trade....

I wouldn't give up on Embree. It's going to be a long rebuilding process. Riley is actually a good example for you guys to look at (although CU and Boulder have MUCH more built in advantages than OSU and Corvallis do).

Riley went 3-8 his first year (1997). The Beavers won 2 games in 1996, and 1 game in 1995. Brutal. How bad was it? When Riley went 5-6 in 1998, that was good enough for him to parlay that into an NFL head coaching job. Considered a miracle at Oregon State. 28 straight losing seasons from 1971-1998. Hell, after the last 2 losing seasons, there was hot seat talk for Riley entering THIS season.

Just be patient. CU is a great place. Embree is an alum, much like Riley. He's personally invested in building the program. It's not a stepping stone job. Hawkins burnt the program to the ground - it's just gonna take time, but I have no doubt CU will be back. (And probably sooner than you all think.) Keep the faith! :thumbsup:

Well, they've outscored the Buffs 115-16 the two times they've played so far. I know CU is down right now, but ouch! The crazy part is it could've even been worse. :shot:

Hey ****face. We're aware. Why don't you be a **** over on your own boards. Does this call for suicide? I lived in Eugene when U of O was a joke.

We're too busy hating ourselves to bother hating anybody else at the moment.

This. We need the O, or the SC, to cost us an important win before we can develope hate. Being clubbed like a seal is getting what you deserve when you suck.

My inlaws live in Oregon and some of them went to the O. My cousin is a coach there. I never disliked them and still don't.

Just be patient. CU is a great place. Embree is an alum, much like Riley. He's personally invested in building the program. It's not a stepping stone job. Hawkins burnt the program to the ground - it's just gonna take time, but I have no doubt CU will be back. (And probably sooner than you all think.) Keep the faith! :thumbsup:

Some evidence suggests Hawkins had help from other pyros above his pay grade.

I wouldn't give up on Embree. It's going to be a long rebuilding process. Riley is actually a good example for you guys to look at (although CU and Boulder have MUCH more built in advantages than OSU and Corvallis do).

Riley went 3-8 his first year (1997). The Beavers won 2 games in 1996, and 1 game in 1995. Brutal. How bad was it? When Riley went 5-6 in 1998, that was good enough for him to parlay that into an NFL head coaching job. Considered a miracle at Oregon State. 28 straight losing seasons from 1971-1998. Hell, after the last 2 losing seasons, there was hot seat talk for Riley entering THIS season.

Riley had like 6 years as a head coach in Canada and one of those pro leagues that tried to compete with the NFL before 4 years as OC with USC prior to taking over OSU. Little different resume than Embree.

Plus, Riley isn't an OSU alum. He went to Bama. His connection to the program is going to high school in Corvalis while his dad was an assistant coach with the Beavs. I guess it's similar to Embree in that it's personal to him because of the connection, but just wanted to put a fine point on the alumnus thing.

Lol, no.

I'm not a Duck fan and I'm not trolling. I'm a Beav who lives in Denver and roots for the Buffs when they're not playing OSU. I actually had season tickets last year for the Buffs - painful, but it was enjoyable watching Ralphie run onto the field, so that's something. Still hoping to make it to a game or two at Folsom this year, but I didn't renew my Buff season tickets. (Put the money towards Broncos season tickets instead! :thumbsup:)

Good call on the broncos.

Lol, no.

I'm not a Duck fan and I'm not trolling. I'm a Beav who lives in Denver and roots for the Buffs when they're not playing OSU. I actually had season tickets last year for the Buffs - painful, but it was enjoyable watching Ralphie run onto the field, so that's something. Still hoping to make it to a game or two at Folsom this year, but I didn't renew my Buff season tickets. (Put the money towards Broncos season tickets instead! :thumbsup:)

Yeah, it's been a while over there too. I was on there more in the summer when the Beaver board was absolutely dead, but with the Beavs' surprising start there's been a lot more action over there. But it's nice to be missed, lol...I'll make sure to stop by again before too long, if nothing else at least I can rate some of my posts 5 stars!!! (It drives those guys crazy, especially lax!! :lol:)
Well lax is already insane so don't take to much credit. The educk posters.have really gone downhill recently so maybe you are the smart one for not posting there.

Thanks for the encouragement Whiz. I think a functional QB and new DC and we only lose by 30 to Oregon.

Riley had like 6 years as a head coach in Canada and one of those pro leagues that tried to compete with the NFL before 4 years as OC with USC prior to taking over OSU. Little different resume than Embree.

Plus, Riley isn't an OSU alum. He went to Bama. His connection to the program is going to high school in Corvalis while his dad was an assistant coach with the Beavs. I guess it's similar to Embree in that it's personal to him because of the connection, but just wanted to put a fine point on the alumnus thing.

Hey, Buffnik. You're absolutely right about Riley - it was late and I was typing fast, sorry. He is not an OSU alum, but being from Corvallis, and with his dad coaching at OSU back in the day, he has a vested interest in the Beavers doing well. The alum/hometown coach thing doesn't always work out (see Wulff, Paul), but I'm trying to think positively and give you guys some hope. :drink2:

Back