What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So if Utah is in, PAC12 starts in 2011.

Timbuff10

This year will be our Swan Song with the Big12. I am still wondering how the loss of Big12 revenue will be handled. I really don't want to spend two more years in the B12... May as well call it the Big Awkward conference then especially when NU leaves after this year.

Anyone have any idea when CU/PAC will start putting out schedules and timelines, maybe tell people how the $$ issue with the Big12 will work out? Would love to get something official about how the conferences will be aligned. Hopefully the CBS4 report can be confirmed by the PAC soon.

Still feels too good to be true... Hope no one backs out of this whole deal!

It looks like we are going to be playing 9 conference games (Bohn mentioned that) and we will be in the Pac 12 South with USC, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah. I'm guessing the 9 conference games is to placate Cal and STanford concerns about losing their USC/UCLA rivalry. I can see a setup that we have one "rival" from the other division to keep some of those Pac 10 rivalries going.

Pac 12 will help us through the buyout. I'm assuming the Rose Bowl will hold the Pac 12 championship.

Biggest irony is that with all the akward and probably downright nasty games ths season due to the breakup this season, the game where I can see a mutual respect and shared nastalgia is the game in Lincoln this year as both fan bases will be knowing this is possibly our last reg season game ever and neither is at fault.

Biggest irony is that with all the akward and probably downright nasty games ths season due to the breakup this season, the game where I can see a mutual respect and shared nastalgia is the game in Lincoln this year as both fan bases will be knowing this is possibly our last reg season game ever and neither is at fault.

I project Black 'n Gold hugging those clad in red, tears, shared moments and a warm adieu. Right up to the moment that Sackman pisses on the midfield "n", after which all hell breaks loose. I think the fans from both teams are going to miss hating each other. I won't, 'cause I've got no intentions of stopping the hate.

I project Black 'n Gold hugging those clad in red, tears, shared moments and a warm adieu. Right up to the moment that Sackman pisses on the midfield "n", after which all hell breaks loose. I think the fans from both teams are going to miss hating each other. I won't, 'cause I've got no intentions of stopping the hate.

A small point of correction - it wasn't me who pissed on the "n". It was a buddy of a buddy of mine. Still one of the funniest things I've ever personally witnessed in my lifetime.

A small point of correction - it wasn't me who pissed on the "n". It was a buddy of a buddy of mine. Still one of the funniest things I've ever personally witnessed in my lifetime.

You missed my point. It wasn't you pissing on the "n" in 1990, but it will be you this year.

You have similar circumstances as me in that family is involved. As long as I have family rooting for the nubs, the hate will still be strong.

where did you hear that utah goes to the pac-12 next year not that there is anything wrong with it

Last edited:
where did you hear that utah goes to the pac-12 next year not that there is anything wrong with it

It would make sense based on two things. Boise is set to join the Mountain West in 2011, so they would not want to have the extra team around. Also there is no exit penalty in the mountain west, so I would assume that Utah would bolt as soon as possible.

Bohn was interviewed on the radio here an hour or so ago. They asked him about the possibility of making the move in 2011 instead of 2012 and he said momentum seemed to be building in that direction. He also said that obviously the sooner they can be in the conference they and their fans really want to be in, the better it will be.... They asked about the penalties, but he didn't answer that at all.

A few other comments I found interesting:

On whether he was suprised the Pac-16 didn't happen: "Not really". Said that the southern schools have a lot of polotical pressure on them, that they may have had some obstacles to making the move, and that they may have found the opportunity to keep together a conference they can dominate "in many ways". :lol:

On T. Boone Pickens negative comments re: CU: He has a lot of respect for T. Boone, but knows as a businessman Pickens would have made the best move for his institution, and we made the best move for Colorado.

On baseball: He was recruited to CU to play baseball. He would love for baseball to come back, and hopefully someday with support from their fan base it will. But for right now they will focus on strengthening their current sports.

On who their new rival will be: He thinks something will happen in the first game against somebody that will set the stage for a rivalry. Asked about Utah he was pretty emphatic he expects them in the Pac-10. And he noted they were CU's chief rival "in the 50s".

On the Mountain West: Going there was NEVER a consideration. Not even a momentary thought. "We do enjoy the series with Colorado State" and will continue to open the season with them.

Just FYI, I heard on radio around here that theoretically, Utah doesn't have to tell the MWC jack until Sept 1st at the latest.

On T. Boone Pickens negative comments re: CU: He has a lot of respect for T. Boone, but knows as a businessman Pickens would have made the best move for his institution, and we made the best move for Colorado.

Sorry if this has been covered (the posts are coming too fast for me to keep up), but what exactly did T. Booger Pickin' say about dear old CU?

Let's applaud (golf clap) their team as they leave the Memorial Stadium field defeated.

One of those rivals stories or something like that... Maybe it was the SLC trib too but I remember it said they had to give the MWC notice by June 1st and then they can make the move for 2011.

Boone said on NU and CU: "I'd just assume they both leave." And on CU: "If a team wants to go then they should go."

It wasn't horrible, but it was a sense of "If you don't want to play with us anyway, then fine, GTFO, see if I care."

Back