What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So, is CU's performances against NU and UT a good sign?

No.

There are no positives with CU football.

The team sucks, Hawkins suck, the facilities suck, the AD sucks, the assistant coaches suck, the recruits suck, the fans suck, the administration sucks, etc., etc. It's amazing that any recruit would consider signing at CU, any assistant coach would want to work at CU, and any player would want to stay at CU instead of transferring because all CU has going for it is the mountains and its mascots.

DDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you should make something like this your signature. That way, you could save yourself hours this offseason posting variations on this theme multiple times in every thread. Instead, just reply with "see below" and we'll know what you mean.

You should put fairy dust and unicorns as your avatar. WHEN dan hawkins gives the fans something to be positive about with this team, it will change. If you want to get all warm and fuzzy everytime the coaches speak and tell how great they think we'll be, have at it. If you want to hope everything will turn around that's fine with me. We need both lines of thinking.

For your posts, just put Hawk and CU will get it turned around and just bump this every year.

The difference, syko, is that those of us who are trying to be positive are actually interested in discussing things that are going on in the program... from both sides. All you and several other seem to be contributing lately is a complete refusal to entertain the notion that Hawkins is capable of saying or doing anything right or that there are some good things happening in the program. It's gotten old in a hurry.

All you and several other seem to be contributing lately is a complete refusal to entertain the notion that Hawkins is capable of saying or doing anything right or that there are some good things happening in the program. It's gotten old in a hurry.

It's old...but there sure is a lot of truth to it.

I have absolutely no faith in Hawkins' ability to turn this around at this time- I have seen no evidence but will try to keep looking. The trend is that he and his staff can't win in the Big XII outside of a couple of games a year - that is what scares me...and this year the conference absolutely stunk by typical standards.

I remain excited about the kids and definitely see their performances in these games as evidence that we have the talent to be winning now, and sure as hell should have won more than 3 games this season. The coaching, however, appears to be to much to overcome at this point.

The difference, syko, is that those of us who are trying to be positive are actually interested in discussing things that are going on in the program... from both sides. All you and several other seem to be contributing lately is a complete refusal to entertain the notion that Hawkins is capable of saying or doing anything right or that there are some good things happening in the program. It's gotten old in a hurry.

We can discuss it all day, but there is nothing in the last 4 years to produce a scenario for me to feel like you.

Do I hope we have a good recruiting year? Yes
Do I hope they make the necessary changes in the coaching staff? yes
Do I hope the OL gels in the off-season? Yes
Do I hope the offense will be more consistent? Yes?

I have many hopes for this team, I think the potential is there to have a pretty good offense next year.

I think the defense has made some strides and look for more speed and consistent play up front.

I have no faith in hawkins to change his thinking or his decisions pertaining to CU football.

I heard the same stuff from you and many others before last season, it's hawk's job to be positive and win and when he does, I'll be on the same page as you. until then, show me.

We can discuss it all day, but there is nothing in the last 4 years to produce a scenario for me to feel like you.

Do I hope we have a good recruiting year? Yes
Do I hope they make the necessary changes in the coaching staff? yes
Do I hope the OL gels in the off-season? Yes
Do I hope the offense will be more consistent? Yes?

I have many hopes for this team, I think the potential is there to have a pretty good offense next year.

I think the defense has made some strides and look for more speed and consistent play up front.

I have no faith in hawkins to change his thinking or his decisions pertaining to CU football.

I heard the same stuff from you and many others before last season, it's hawk's job to be positive and win and when he does, I'll be on the same page as you. until then, show me.

That's fair.

It's old...but there sure is a lot of truth to it.

I have absolutely no faith in Hawkins' ability to turn this around at this time- I have seen no evidence but will try to keep looking. The trend is that he and his staff can't win in the Big XII outside of a couple of games a year - that is what scares me...and this year the conference absolutely stunk by typical standards.

I remain excited about the kids and definitely see their performances in these games as evidence that we have the talent to be winning now, and sure as hell should have won more than 3 games this season. The coaching, however, appears to be to much to overcome at this point.

I told a bunch of people at the Nebraska game that we were a 7 or 8 win team that got coached to 3-9. I still believe that. But I also believe that Hawkins is the same guy that had all that success at Boise State, we made a lot of underclassmen mistakes this year, we have talent and depth everywhere on the roster, and we've finally found a QB who belongs in the Big 12.

I don't think there is reason to expect a big year for CU in 2010, but I do think there's reason to be cautiously optimistic. And I simply enjoy life more as a fan if I'm talking about the good stuff.

I told a bunch of people at the Nebraska game that we were a 7 or 8 win team that got coached to 3-9. I still believe that. But I also believe that Hawkins is the same guy that had all that success at Boise State, we made a lot of underclassmen mistakes this year, we have talent and depth everywhere on the roster, and we've finally found a QB who belongs in the Big 12.

I don't think there is reason to expect a big year for CU in 2010, but I do think there's reason to be cautiously optimistic. And I simply enjoy life more as a fan if I'm talking about the good stuff.

DO you think success at boise means he will have it here? Koetter and him don't have very good track records away from boise. Depth wise, cb and safety is thin. PK and Punter positions need an upgrade fast.The one thing that bothers me is the youth excuse. They've been using it for 4 years, it doesn't wash anymore.

I think hansen will be better next season with all the reps he gets or should get.

DO you think success at boise means he will have it here? Koetter and him don't have very good track records away from boise. Depth wise, cb and safety is thin. PK and Punter positions need an upgrade fast.The one thing that bothers me is the youth excuse. They've been using it for 4 years, it doesn't wash anymore.

I think hansen will be better next season with all the reps he gets or should get.

I don't think that success at a lower level (or NFL) automatically translates to a success at a BCS program. It does, however, mean the person can coach up a team and manage a coaching staff. Since I don't believe the main issues at CU have been with Hawkins' management of the other aspects of the program, I think he's got a shot of turning things around. The things that need to improve are the things on which I can point to a good track record.

At corner and safety, the depth is unproven. It may be thin. Actually, it is thin until we see otherwise. All special teams except maybe B-Lock as KR need an upgrade.

Regarding the "youth excuse", I'm sick of it too. But unfortunately the recruiting math justifies it. GB admittedly lost his taste for recruiting his last 2 offseasons plus the 2006 cycle. There were some good players in each of those classes, but they were thin on talent and left major holes in certain position groups. Hawkins wasn't able to do much with salvaging the 2006 class coming in as late as he did. So the fact is that the 2007 class is the first full class of Hawkins' rebuilding effort. Those guys were RS-Sophomores this year (with a few 3rd-year juniors, I think). Add in the troubles of getting JUCOs into CU for a quick fix. Compound it by Hawkins doing the difficult (but right) thing for the program by redshirting almost everyone.

What we're left with is a program that doesn't have upperclassmen in all position groups, depth at all position groups, and balanced classes across positions until 2010. I know everyone's sick of hearing the excuse, I am too, but that doesn't change the facts of the situation Hawkins has been digging out of.

And it doesn't come close to excusing certain losses we've suffered under Hawkins (Montana State, CSU, Toledo, Baylor, etc.), the abysmal road record, or some of the coaching decision (gameday and personnel)... but it's still a valid partial explanation for many of our problems such as penalties, road struggles, turnovers, special teams errors (too many walkons playing), missed assignments, and lack of consistency.

I don't think that success at a lower level (or NFL) automatically translates to a success at a BCS program. It does, however, mean the person can coach up a team and manage a coaching staff. Since I don't believe the main issues at CU have been with Hawkins' management of the other aspects of the program, I think he's got a shot of turning things around. The things that need to improve are the things on which I can point to a good track record.

At corner and safety, the depth is unproven. It may be thin. Actually, it is thin until we see otherwise. All special teams except maybe B-Lock as KR need an upgrade.

Regarding the "youth excuse", I'm sick of it too. But unfortunately the recruiting math justifies it. GB admittedly lost his taste for recruiting his last 2 offseasons plus the 2006 cycle. There were some good players in each of those classes, but they were thin on talent and left major holes in certain position groups. Hawkins wasn't able to do much with salvaging the 2006 class coming in as late as he did. So the fact is that the 2007 class is the first full class of Hawkins' rebuilding effort. Those guys were RS-Sophomores this year (with a few 3rd-year juniors, I think). Add in the troubles of getting JUCOs into CU for a quick fix. Compound it by Hawkins doing the difficult (but right) thing for the program by redshirting almost everyone.

What we're left with is a program that doesn't have upperclassmen in all position groups, depth at all position groups, and balanced classes across positions until 2010. I know everyone's sick of hearing the excuse, I am too, but that doesn't change the facts of the situation Hawkins has been digging out of.

And it doesn't come close to excusing certain losses we've suffered under Hawkins (Montana State, CSU, Toledo, Baylor, etc.), the abysmal road record, or some of the coaching decision (gameday and personnel)... but it's still a valid partial explanation for many of our problems such as penalties, road struggles, turnovers, special teams errors (too many walkons playing), missed assignments, and lack of consistency.

You don't have to litter your special teams with walk-ons, that's the fault of whom? I see your points and agree with some but I can't escape 16-33 and every off-season we hear all the great things that we'll see and then it starts all over again.

Something has to change and fast. I'm sick of bitching about losing . I want CU to be relevant again.

Does anyone remember the recruiting gap under Barnett? I think that we had one year with almost 30 recruits and then another with around 12. What year was the "12" class? I was always uneasy with that. You really need 20+ every year. Not 30 one year and 10 the next.

Yeah, and Wyoming won six games and is in a bowl game. As you say in a later post, it doesn't necessarily translate. All Boise St did this year was beat Oregon out of the chute and then win all the games they were supposed to win in a weak conference. So we should learn from that and next year, when Hawkins is replaced, don't go for the lower conference guy that wins one tough OOC game a year.

Somebody page Liver. They done went and elevated the discourse. :thumbsup:

IMO, the best sign that a team is well coached and on the right track is this: you consistently beat the teams you're supposed to beat. Consistency is the mark of a well coached team.

When the Buffs are bad for a few more seasons, the chance that some teams could overlook them might translate into an extra win here or there. Right now they haven't been bad for a long enough time to have that work in their favor....

So there's some hope there.

Does anyone remember the recruiting gap under Barnett? I think that we had one year with almost 30 recruits and then another with around 12. What year was the "12" class? I was always uneasy with that. You really need 20+ every year. Not 30 one year and 10 the next.

we only had "12" hostesses that year.

Back