What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So, this was kind of weird (WBB recruiting)

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
My next door neighbor has a daughter who is a Freshman hoops player at LHS. She made the varsity team her freshman year, which by itself was pretty impressive, I think. There's lots of upperclassmen leaders on the team, so her numbers were fairly pedestrian by my way of thinking. I think she averaged 3-4 points per game. I'd certainly expect that figure to increase as she gets older.

So, I'm mowing my lawn a few days ago and a guy drives up who just has to be a recruiter. Has to be. He's got "basketball coach" written all over him.

Is it common to recruit high school freshmen who only score 3-4 points per game? Maybe she's killing it on her club team and just got caught in a numbers game at her school team.

It might have been an AAU coach etc.. Was there any other evidence this guy was a college recruiter?

It could have been an AAU coach. That's true. I hadn't thought of that possibility. I couldn't make out any kind of logo or anything like that on his clothing.

It could have been an AAU coach. That's true. I hadn't thought of that possibility. I couldn't make out any kind of logo or anything like that on his clothing.

Or one of the private schools in the metro recruiting a player to transfer. Not that they ever do that sort of thing.

AAU or private school looking to give her more playing time.

Is she good enough for DI? If a player as a freshman is a huge star, they get recruited. Unless she is killing it in AAU ball, that doesn't appear to be the case--yet. :confused:

Hopefully CU has it eyes on this player!

You know how in college football, the best recruiters (like Coach McCartney) are willing to go into the very toughest neighborhoods?

You know how in college football, the best recruiters (like Coach McCartney) are willing to go into the very toughest neighborhoods?

Yup. Most u-turn out of there as soon as they see the Dillard's on the corner.

It was probably an AAU coach. She already picked her high school, which isn't her neighborhood school.

Funny that hat both she and Justinian Jessup live squarely in the Skyline district but both play for LHS, but I digress. They both have to physically pass Skyline on their way to LHS. :lol:

AAU or private school looking to give her more playing time.

Is she good enough for DI? If a player as a freshman is a huge star, they get recruited. Unless she is killing it in AAU ball, that doesn't appear to be the case--yet. :confused:

Hopefully CU has it eyes on this player!

you know exactly who it is. We have discussed her previously. I'm certain CU has heard of her. im not a good enough judge of girls hoops talent to tell you if she's D-1 talent or not. I can tell you she is working at it as if she was, though.

Yes, I know who this is as we have discussed her before. I remember her when she was a wee baby. I knew her parents before they got married. I attended their wedding.

I wish her all the best and hope she does have D1 talent.

Last edited:
Back