What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So, was 43-10 enough...

HotRack

Rez BubbleHead
Club Member
to s h i t can Hawk? I don't think so. I'm sure DiStef will think we were "competitive" in some fashion.

Nah. This was honestly pretty tame. It showed how down OU really is this year, IMO. They have to go to Baylor, which I know sounds weird to say. Anyway... there's really no point to ax him now. Whether they somehow get to 6-6 or lose out, the rest of this season doesn't impact his future because it's done.

Stoops was gentile. Could easily have hung half a hundo.

Don't know but 19-38 and 2-23 on the road is.

Look we all know he's done and it won't happen until after the nebraska game but bohn needs to announce that hawk will not be returning in 2011 NOW.

just not gonna happen during the season. however, unlike last season, Bohn's (and DiStephano/Benson) hand is forced. Hawk will be gone. The nightmare will hopefully end in a few weeks

I really just want the announcement at this point. Something like "Coach Hawk will not be retained at the end of the season. Nebraska will be his last game. Meanwhile, the University of Colorado has started a coaching search and we will have another announcement concerning the bright future and direction of our football program."

There done. Bohn can even spout his crap about "out of respect for Dan being able to finish out his career with his son...blah, blah, blah" just get the announcement done. At least recruits know we'll be headed in a different direction and this loser won't be here in a month.

Fring Hawkins at the end of last year would've been good. Firing him mid season now would be foolish. With Dan still at the helm, Bohn doesn't have to deal with the media attention. He can simply answer that Dan's our coach. Behind the scene he is lining up his candidates and will hopefully make an announcement quickly in late November/early December. You really want the media circus and denials from existing head coaches saying " I am not a candidate for the Colorado head coaching job...blah, blah, blah". No, better to go about this nice and quietly.

Last edited:
I believe if we lose next week at Kansas then Bohn will come out and say he will not be retained.

Back