What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So, we meet for the final time...

Cornhusker

I've never joined an opponent's message board, but with this being our final conference game together, it's a bit sentimental to me. While most Nebraskans don't fully embrace a rivalry with Colorado, primarily because of the overall lopsided series record, I am here to say that I will miss this series.
Cornhuskers love to live in our time machines and look back at the glory years, but many of us, too, realize that Colorado has seen the "top of the mountain" too. You're our only Big 12 North partner that has won a National Championship, a Conference Championship and even a Heisman trophy winner. The KSU fans and Missouri fans love to point out how they've "caught up to Nebraska"-- especially during our irrelevant Callahan years. But the difference between them and Colorado, is that you guys have been to the top--those guys haven't.
I'll miss this competive series because of the good, hard hitting, close games. Seems like the winner always gets it with a little bit of luck. Not always.. there's been the blowouts (and I sure as heck remember 62-36)--but over the last decade, the games have been fairly close; regardless of either team's record.
I'll never forget sitting with my dad in the freezing rain in Lincoln in 1990 watching a hard fought NU-CU game. We were up 12-0 to start the 4th quarter, but Eric Bieniemy couldn't be stopped in the 4th as Colorado rallied for a 27-12 win. At that point, I elevated Colorado to the ranks of Nebraska and Oklahoma.
I was also in Boulder for that crazy 65-51 game to close out the big Callahan debacle.

So here we are facing the last game. Nebraska is prime for an upset. Here it is Wednesday, and we're still griping about the A&M loss with our tinfoil hats talking about conspiracy theories and reading interviews in the Omaha World Herald with sports psychologists discussing why the Pelinis may or may not be nuts.
Taylor Martinez-- who is our entire offense-- will not play. Niles Paul-- our hot and cold receiver, will not play. I know you guys have lost your starting QB too-- but the difference is that you guys are moving the ball. We're not.
Take away Martinez, you take away our offense. Anyone who doubts that-- just look at the A&M game. In the second half, NU chose to play a one-legged Martinez over a healthy Cody Green. Does that tell you about our confidence in Green's abilities? Cody Green has been a complete bust and has not had a good game in the 2 years that he's played.
Our defense is solid against the pass, but a little porous at times against the run. I'm very surprised that most of our opponents haven't just lined up and tried to run at us. Iowa State, Texas and Texas A&M did it the most-- and look at the results.

My prediction is a low scoring, defensive game--similar to the A&M game. I think the game is a toss up. You guys are riding high with some new found spark, and we are a big fat question mark on offense. We have some playmakers-- our problem is the play caller.

Obviously, I hope for a Husker victory. We want the fairy tale ending of hauling off the Big 12 trophy in our final season. We haven't touched the darn thing since '99--so it sure would be nice.

Good luck in the PAC-12! Hopefully you guys can show them, and we can show the Big 10 that some good ol' Big 8 teams can play some football!
GO BIG RED!

i've never joined an opponent's message board, but with this being our final conference game together, it's a bit sentimental to me. While most nebraskans don't fully embrace a rivalry with colorado, primarily because of the overall lopsided series record, i am here to say that i will miss this series.
Cornhuskers love to live in our time machines and look back at the glory years, but many of us, too, realize that colorado has seen the "top of the mountain" too. You're our only big 12 north partner that has won a national championship, a conference championship and even a heisman trophy winner. The ksu fans and missouri fans love to point out how they've "caught up to nebraska"-- especially during our irrelevant callahan years. But the difference between them and colorado, is that you guys have been to the top--those guys haven't.
I'll miss this competive series because of the good, hard hitting, close games. Seems like the winner always gets it with a little bit of luck. Not always.. There's been the blowouts (and i sure as heck remember 62-36)--but over the last decade, the games have been fairly close; regardless of either team's record.
I'll never forget sitting with my dad in the freezing rain in lincoln in 1990 watching a hard fought nu-cu game. We were up 12-0 to start the 4th quarter, but eric bieniemy couldn't be stopped in the 4th as colorado rallied for a 27-12 win. At that point, i elevated colorado to the ranks of nebraska and oklahoma.
I was also in boulder for that crazy 65-51 game to close out the big callahan debacle.

So here we are facing the last game. Nebraska is prime for an upset. Here it is wednesday, and we're still griping about the a&m loss with our tinfoil hats talking about conspiracy theories and reading interviews in the omaha world herald with sports psychologists discussing why the pelinis may or may not be nuts.
Taylor martinez-- who is our entire offense-- will not play. Niles paul-- our hot and cold receiver, will not play. I know you guys have lost your starting qb too-- but the difference is that you guys are moving the ball. We're not.
Take away martinez, you take away our offense. Anyone who doubts that-- just look at the a&m game. In the second half, nu chose to play a one-legged martinez over a healthy cody green. Does that tell you about our confidence in green's abilities? Cody green has been a complete bust and has not had a good game in the 2 years that he's played.
Our defense is solid against the pass, but a little porous at times against the run. I'm very surprised that most of our opponents haven't just lined up and tried to run at us. Iowa state, texas and texas a&m did it the most-- and look at the results.

My prediction is a low scoring, defensive game--similar to the a&m game. I think the game is a toss up. You guys are riding high with some new found spark, and we are a big fat question mark on offense. We have some playmakers-- our problem is the play caller.

Obviously, i hope for a husker victory. We want the fairy tale ending of hauling off the big 12 trophy in our final season. We haven't touched the darn thing since '99--so it sure would be nice.

Good luck in the pac-12! Hopefully you guys can show them, and we can show the big 10 that some good ol' big 8 teams can play some football!
Go big red!

cheers to you

That was really heart felt! Thanks! And I hope you come in second. I will miss this post thanksgiving game. I actually put away leftovers just for it. If you kick Bo to the curb it would be fun to restart the rivalry. We hope to be in Lincoln again.

Great post! I too will miss this game. I am just getting chills thinking about this game Friday. Which would have been impossible 3 weeks ago with Dan Hawkins as the coach. Can't wait to renew the rivalry after this year in the Rose Bowl.

Amazed your handle wasn't taken. Now thanks for joining, hope we make you cry. (classy) :smile2:

Don't you ****ers go thinking we are all touchy and teary eyed about this being the last game. I'm ****ing glad it is....................j/k hate to see it end.

Great to see another good NU fan. That was a good, quick read. I won't miss some NU fans that have to talk about the series record when they won't realize that the last 15 years have been very competitive. I'll miss throwing the piss bombs:)p), but talking trash to my friends. Best of luck in the Big 10(12).

Representative of all Husker fans I've actually met face-to-face. I genuinely hope we beat the snot out of you, but well said.

At the risk of this seeming like it's becoming a pour your heart out session, yes I'll miss the rivalry. I'll never forget some of the games in the series, surviving the Buff's furious comeback in 99, getting shellacked in 01, squeaking the win out in 2003 before Solich was fired, the game in 04 made me numb watching Bobby Purify run roughshod in Lincoln. In 2008, I was surprised with tickets for my birthday, and witnessed Henery making that kick. It's a sad fair well, one of my Dad's cousin's had a landscaping business out in Boulder, and was a booster/season ticket holder in the 1970's, and a guy who went to my high school, Ted Cox, signed with CU to play QB, even though I don't think he panned out. Good luck Buffs, show Pac 12 football what old school Big 8/12 football is all about, and we'll see you in Pasadena in a couple of years.

Well glad to see some good reasonable NU fans. Was starting to get sick of some of the arrogant ones on here (corn bread, evil beak)

nice post!

I had to register as well. I have been a lurker for a couple of years and found this site to be a refreshing change from the Nebraska boards and "the classiest fans".

Glad you guys got rid of your coach. I just wish you would have waited until the season was over so a win would have come a little easier.

I will miss the rivalry even though half your fans never came to terms with it. I will take great pleasure in CU exposing Nebraska for not being the "classiest" fan base in the universe. And 62-36 will always be the day the Nebraska program had to climb down from their high horse. Kinda like the bully in "The Christmas Story" getting his ass whooped by Ralphie - this time it was a whole bunch of Ralphies. Tomorrow is a big game - scoreboard for life. May Nebraska get what they deserve - another epic beatdown by the Buffs. Screw the niceties - F the corn. Let's get it it on!

Great post and it got me thinking about something, if we had fired Hawkins last season, I really believe we could be playing for the division title tomorrow and what an epic clash this would have made this game. Both schools leaving the conference playing for the North Division Title would have been an awesome way to go out. Kudos to you guys for have the chance, too bad for us we were hamstrung.

This game is pretty sentimental for me too - my brother-in-law was a die-hard NU fan (his groomsmen all wore NU ties at my sisters wedding; except for me with my CU tie). I got us tickets to the '01 game when I was at CU grad school, and he stood with me the whole game in his NU hat while his team got blown out. Since we were in a student / alumni section, he got teased pretty hard in the 4th quarter but he stuck it out like a true fan. He died from cancer a couple of years ago at age 41, a few weeks after watching Henerey stave off the CU upset with his damn foot.

Gravy was a hardcore Husker - hated CU - and was a classy fan and a great dad. I'll miss watching the game with him. Wish I had gotten a chance to go to a NU-CU game in Lincoln & stand with his fellow fans.

Go Buffs~

Great Post Cornhusker!

At times I feel the game will be missed, and at times I feel the game should ride off into the sunset.

Tomorrow will be a lifetime experience. The game will be one to remember because of the intensity each team will bring to the field.

Good luck in the 12-Pac!

In the end we both hate one another with a deep passion that we can't deny. However, we all have one thing in common, our undying devotion for our team and the series that helped make this rivalry what it is.

GO BIG RED AND GO BUFFS! Can't believe I just said that.........lol

I will really miss the Big 8, in particular Nebraska games. It's really unfortunate that the Big 12 had to form in my opinion - we had a great thing going. I actually hope that in due time, Nebraska and CU rejoin the same conference, sans Texass. Good luck to Nebraska in the Big 10, definitely not tomorrow.

Gotta admit, this is the only game on the schedule that I almost cannot watch because of my anxiety over playing NU. At the end of the day, you've been a great team to loathe! That being said, I have many (too many?) friends from Nebraska that are genuinely great people. Good luck in the Big 10 (12), it would be cool to face you guys again some day.

Gotta admit, this is the only game on the schedule that I almost cannot watch because of my anxiety over playing NU. At the end of the day, you've been a great team to loathe! That being said, I have many (too many?) friends from Nebraska that are genuinely great people. Good luck in the Big 10 (12), it would be cool to face you guys again some day.
has to happen in the rose bowl at some point in the next 50 or so years, right?

I will really miss the Big 8, in particular Nebraska games. It's really unfortunate that the Big 12 had to form in my opinion - we had a great thing going. I actually hope that in due time, Nebraska and CU rejoin the same conference, sans Texass. Good luck to Nebraska in the Big 10, definitely not tomorrow.

yeah not going to happen. The rose bowl is your only hope

I've never joined an opponent's message board, but with this being our final conference game together, it's a bit sentimental to me. While most Nebraskans don't fully embrace a rivalry with Colorado, primarily because of the overall lopsided series record, I am here to say that I will miss this series.
Cornhuskers love to live in our time machines and look back at the glory years, but many of us, too, realize that Colorado has seen the "top of the mountain" too. You're our only Big 12 North partner that has won a National Championship, a Conference Championship and even a Heisman trophy winner. The KSU fans and Missouri fans love to point out how they've "caught up to Nebraska"-- especially during our irrelevant Callahan years. But the difference between them and Colorado, is that you guys have been to the top--those guys haven't.
I'll miss this competive series because of the good, hard hitting, close games. Seems like the winner always gets it with a little bit of luck. Not always.. there's been the blowouts (and I sure as heck remember 62-36)--but over the last decade, the games have been fairly close; regardless of either team's record.
I'll never forget sitting with my dad in the freezing rain in Lincoln in 1990 watching a hard fought NU-CU game. We were up 12-0 to start the 4th quarter, but Eric Bieniemy couldn't be stopped in the 4th as Colorado rallied for a 27-12 win. At that point, I elevated Colorado to the ranks of Nebraska and Oklahoma.
I was also in Boulder for that crazy 65-51 game to close out the big Callahan debacle.

So here we are facing the last game. Nebraska is prime for an upset. Here it is Wednesday, and we're still griping about the A&M loss with our tinfoil hats talking about conspiracy theories and reading interviews in the Omaha World Herald with sports psychologists discussing why the Pelinis may or may not be nuts.
Taylor Martinez-- who is our entire offense-- will not play. Niles Paul-- our hot and cold receiver, will not play. I know you guys have lost your starting QB too-- but the difference is that you guys are moving the ball. We're not.
Take away Martinez, you take away our offense. Anyone who doubts that-- just look at the A&M game. In the second half, NU chose to play a one-legged Martinez over a healthy Cody Green. Does that tell you about our confidence in Green's abilities? Cody Green has been a complete bust and has not had a good game in the 2 years that he's played.
Our defense is solid against the pass, but a little porous at times against the run. I'm very surprised that most of our opponents haven't just lined up and tried to run at us. Iowa State, Texas and Texas A&M did it the most-- and look at the results.

My prediction is a low scoring, defensive game--similar to the A&M game. I think the game is a toss up. You guys are riding high with some new found spark, and we are a big fat question mark on offense. We have some playmakers-- our problem is the play caller.

Obviously, I hope for a Husker victory. We want the fairy tale ending of hauling off the Big 12 trophy in our final season. We haven't touched the darn thing since '99--so it sure would be nice.

Good luck in the PAC-12! Hopefully you guys can show them, and we can show the Big 10 that some good ol' Big 8 teams can play some football!
GO BIG RED!

Nicely said and I too am going to miss this game. Look forward to it every year as the leaves start to turn and the wind gets a chill. Good luck in the Big 10 and hope to see us do battle in an epic Rose Bowl!

I'm not ready for this series to end just yet but my biggest fear is that even after a Buffs win, I might be sad about losing the rivalry. The good news is that there is enough history for CU to fall back on with Utah and the two states love to hate each other and Utah wears red just like NU.

I'm not ready for this series to end just yet but my biggest fear is that even after a Buffs win, I might be sad about losing the rivalry. The good news is that there is enough history for CU to fall back on with Utah and the two states love to hate each other and Utah wears red just like NU.

**** Utah

I will miss this game. It was an excellent series.

Btw, i suspect we will play again. These schools are all regionals that are a short trip from boulder

Just for old times sake, F U Fuskers. Boulder has 66% Bachelors degrees or higher, Lincoln is about 33%. More burger outlets in Lincoln.

I've been wondering who this was.....

donvito-764853.jpg

Colorado Girls:

images

Colorado-funny-girls-t-shirt-300-far.jpg

ex_jessica_biel_bikini.jpg

486.jpg

However, you can only have this one:

[video=youtube;nYGpelWYFx0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYGpelWYFx0[/video]

Back