What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So which bowl games stand out as potentially good matchups?

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Here are ones I think are going to be pretty good games:

Las Vegas-BYU vs. Oregon State
Music City-Clemson vs. Kentucky
Holiday-NU vs. Arizona
Armed Forces-Houston vs. Air Force
Peach Bowl-Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee
Capital One-Penn State vs. LSU
Fiesta-Boise State vs. TCU
Orange-Georgia Tech vs. Iowa
BSC National Championship-Alabama vs. Texas

As an aside, I will be rooting hard for Army on Saturday. They knock UCLA out of a bowl berth with a win.:thumbsup:

I wish BSU and TCU weren't playing each other. Much more interesting (and, ironically, they'd get more credibility) if they're playing and beating the #9 or #10 ranked team than beating up each other.

BCS game will be good, although I think both teams (esp. Texas) are a little overrated. Sugar Bowl should be fun -- Cinci and Florida.

The BYU - Oregon state and texas-alabama games are my picks.

Cinci-florida maybe, would have liked to seen tcu vs the gators.

I think they are all suck and we should be starting a 32 team playoff next weekend.. :huh::smile2:

OMG... Wyoming really got a bowl? New Mexico bowl vs. Fresno

Every day is another kick in the stones

Here are ones I think are going to be pretty good games:

Las Vegas-BYU vs. Oregon State - Great matchup
Music City-Clemson vs. Kentucky - zero interest
Holiday-NU vs. Arizona - Interesting. B12vp10. Holiday is always great
Armed Forces-Houston vs. Air Force - Decent
Peach Bowl-Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee - zzzz
Capital One-Penn State vs. LSU - no interest
Fiesta-Boise State vs. TCU - Wish they were not playing each other
Orange-Georgia Tech vs. Iowa - no interest
BSC National Championship-Alabama vs. Texas - Texas will run up the score early and play second teamers starting in the third quarter.

As an aside, I will be rooting hard for Army on Saturday. They knock UCLA out of a bowl berth with a win.:thumbsup:

Bowls are great

Fun games (In no particular order)

MAACO Las Vegas
Oregon State vs. BYU

S.D. County Credit Union Poinsettia
Utah vs. Cal

Brut Sun
Oklahoma vs. Stanford

Capital One
Penn State vs. LSU

Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi
Ohio State vs. Oregon

AT&T Cotton
Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss

Rout in the making (Bama has an offense unlike the hucksters)

Citi BCS National Championship Game
Texas vs. Alabama

BCS manipulation bowl (get these guys out of the way so they don’t spoil the party, no cinderella stories in the BCS)

Tostitos Fiesta
Boise State vs. TCU

Ho hum wouldn’t waste my time affairs *

AutoZone Liberty
Arkansas vs. East Carolina

Outback
Northwestern vs. Auburn

* And any bowl with Wisconsin

Really a small bowl, with the two worst FBS conferences, but the two teams are an intriguing matchup and will be a good game, IMO:

GMAC Bowl: Central Michigan (MAC Champ) vs Troy (SunBelt Champ)

Yes, totally, even bordering on hell yes:

Las Vegas: Oregon State-BYU
Meineke: UNC-Pittsburgh
Holiday: Arizona-lil' red
Sun: Stanford-Oklahoma
Sugar: Cincinnati-Florida
Fiesta: TCU-Boise

Most of the other ones look pretty good and very watchable, including all the other BCS ones. That being said, the New Orleans, EagleBank and Humanitarian Bowls will not be watched by me even if there is nothing else on.

New Mexico
Fresno State vs. Wyoming

The Pokes in a bowl says more about the ****ty year the MWC had beyond the top 3-4 teams than about the Pokes. Hard to believe the team that got shut out in Boulder could ever go bowling. But a nice end to Dave Christensnen's first year... Fresneck will probably crush them, though. :huh:

St. Petersburg
UCF vs. Rutgers

Just about a home game for UCF. FlaBuff might care, not sure if anybody else here does... :huh:

R+L Carriers New Orleans
Southern Miss vs. Middle Tennessee

Hasn't New Orleans suffered enough?

MAACO Las Vegas
Oregon State vs. BYU

This one could be fun. It will be interesting to see if the BYU players are distracted by the fact that many of them will be seeing their first Beavers...

S.D. County Credit Union Poinsettia
Utah vs. Cal

This one could be good, or a complete Utah romp. Depends on which Cal team shows up... :huh:

Sheraton Hawaii
Nevada vs. SMU

SnowBuff's favorite OC candidate vs. the return of June Jones to the islands. Another one that might be fun to watch...

Little Caesars
Marshall vs. Ohio

Don't know. Don't care. Won't watch. Not even if they throw in free Crazy Bread... ThndringHerd can feel free to disagree...

Meineke Car Care
Pitt vs. North Carolina

Pitt's offense is worth watching. Or, if you're Miami, you can watch for the chance to rub one out every time they show Butch Davis...

Emerald
Boston College vs. USC

USC blowout, if they care enough about this game to show up...

Gaylord Hotels Music City
Kentucky vs. Clemson

CJ Spiller is enough reason to watch.

AdvoCare V100 Independence
Texas A&M vs. Georgia.

Probably should be a Georgia win. But aTm's talent on offense could make things interesting if UGA isn't careful...

EagleBank
Army or UCLA vs. Temple

Temple in a bowl is cool, except for making it even more depressing that the Buffs aren't. Army probably won't beat Navy, but if they do it would be awesome to see all 3 service academies bowling. Not to mention sending Slick Rick home for the season. Of course, if there is a city that fits Neuweasel better than LA, it would be Washington, DC...

Champs Sports
Miami vs. Wisconsin.

If Wiscy starts running now, they might be able to catch up to the Canes team speed...

Roady's Humanitarian
Bowling Green vs. Idaho

Just getting to a bowl game is huge for Idaho. But anybody who sits outside in Boise in December to watch this is absolutely, completely, 100% nuts...

Pacific Life Holiday
Arizona vs. Nebraska

Look out Chippy, here come the fusker fans! I'll be rooting for the other Stoops to put a beatdown on lil' Red, of course... :thumbsup:

Bell Helicopter Armed Forces
Houston vs. Air Force

No doubt Walrus' favorite game of the bowl season. Rematch of last year's game, 34-28 Houston win. Troy Calhoun vs. Kevin Sumlin. Aka the Please Come to Boulder bowl...

Brut Sun
Oklahoma vs. Stanford

Looking forward to this one. Can't wait to see how Toby Gerhart does against OU...

Texas
Navy vs. Missouri

Really shocked 8-4 Mizzou didn't get a better bowl than this. They'll have a very tough time with Navy's offense, I think. But Navy will have some trouble against athletes like Dennario Alexander...

Insight
Minnesota vs. Iowa State

This year's poster game for the "there are too many damn bowl games" crowd. If you aren't a fan of people in shorts with exceptionally white skin, you might want to avoid Phoenix the week before this game...

Chick-fil-A
Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee

Two things you can bet on here - Lane Kiffin says something ridiculous and the Hokies roll big...

Outback
Northwestern vs. Auburn

Pat Fitzgerald pulls a Gary Barnett and gets NW in a New Year's Day bowl. Auburn will be too athletic for them, though. NW's best hope is getting the game replaced with competitive SAT testing....

Capital One
Penn State vs. LSU

Matchup sounds great on paper, but I'll be surprised if LSU has enough offense to stay in the game...

Konica Minolta Gator
West Virginia vs. Florida State

The Bowden Bowl. Maybe WVU will go easy on the Noles for old times sake...

Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi
Ohio State vs. Oregon

I'm really looking forward to this one. UO should have the speed to keep up with Pryor, and they can run the ball themselves. My guess is Oregon wins...

Allstate Sugar
Florida vs. Cincinnati

Last team with the ball might win this one. Take the over.

International
South Florida vs. Northern Illinois

Congrats on a nice season Bulls. Your reward is a trip to Canada in January to play Northern Illinois.

Papajohns.com
South Carolina vs. UConn

I'm sure a bowl trip to see his old friends in Birmingham is just what Spurrier had in mind when he went to Columbia. The fact that UConn might have a better team won't help.

AT&T Cotton
Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss

Should be called the Jerry Bowl, since they moved out of the Cotton Bowl. If Ole Miss plays like they did last year, they might come out with a win and absurdly high pre-season ranking again. Probably won't happen, though...

AutoZone Liberty
Arkansas vs. East Carolina

For some reason, I have a feeling this one could be good watching if nothing else is on... Petrino vs. Grandma Holtz's little boy Skip...

Valero Alamo
Michigan State vs. Texas Tech

Terrible, terrible, terrible matchup for Sparty. They better play keep away, because Tech's offense will run away from them all night.

Tostitos Fiesta
Boise State vs. TCU

**** the BCS. These teams should be playing major conference winners. It will be a fun game, though.

FedEx Orange
Iowa vs. Georgia Tech

Love the GT offense. Iowa will have a month to prepare. Should be a close one.

GMAC
Central Michigan vs. Troy

Worth checking out just to see Dan Lefevour. Might end up as the best QB in the 2010 draft.

Citi BCS National Championship Game
Texas vs. Alabama

Bama. Probably big...

Las Vegas: Oregon State vs BYU
Poinsettia: Utah vs Cal
Independence: Georgia vs A&M
Outback: Miami vs Wisconsin
Holiday: Arizona vs Nebraska
Brut Sun: Oklahoma vs Stanford
Capital One: Penn State vs LSU
Chick-fil-A: VT vs Tennessee
Cotton: Oklahoma State vs Ole Miss
Alamo: Texas Tech vs Michigan State
and of course the BCS games

That's a lot of games and I probably won't see them all, but they strike me as interesting match-ups.

Junc said:

Little Caesars
Marshall vs. Ohio

Don't know. Don't care. Won't watch. Not even if they throw in free Crazy Bread... ThndringHerd can feel free to disagree...

Not even for free Crazy Bread? What are ya? Communist? I g-ddam paid for 527 channels, and I'm g-ddam use 'em!

:moon:

GMAC will also be worth checking out to see the next great CMU coach to jump ship soon after leading his program to multiple winning seasons. Butch Jones will be a hotter commodity next offseason should more coaching positions open up than this year.

TCU and Boise getting matched up is the worst thing that could happen to the non-BCS schools screaming for respect because they won't get a chance to prove themselves against BCS schools.

That aspect aside, TCU will beat Boise handily.

TCU and Boise getting matched up is the worst thing that could happen to the non-BCS schools screaming for respect because they won't get a chance to prove themselves against BCS schools.

That aspect aside, TCU will beat Boise handily.
wooo Sheraton Hawaii bowl! Thanks for pointing that out Junc :lol:

who gives a ****, we will he home for the holidays again, **** you Bohn and double **** you Hawk, I think I'll watch roller derby. :sad2:

Iowa vs Ga Tech will be a nice display of smash-mouth, from 2 pretty cool 2009 stories.

Back