What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So who do we beat?

All 3 teams we play at home have vulnerabilities, Utah having the fewest. I say we go undefeated at home and steal one in Arizona. Okay, now it's time I take my meds.

But seriously, I think we win 2...Washington and Utah. The other games are competitive, setting up for a bowl season next year.

Now. We have a shot. USC gave up 500 yds rushing to BC. Who lost to Rams at home. We have a punchers chance. It would be a huge huge boost for recruiting and program. 2 weeks to prepare. Let's see what happens.

Logic says zero. Just on the face of it we aren't better than any team we will be playing, much worse than most of them.

On the other hand the normally flaky PAC is flakier than usual this year. If we can keep the attitude going where it has been the last couple games we have a real shot of catching somebody on a bad day and walking out with a win.

We have been keeping games close this year and with PAC refs if you are close you have a chance because they have an amazing talent for taking games from one team and giving it to the other. One of these days it has to be our turn.

We have a chance against any of them, but I think we beat whoever tries to pass the most and run the least against us. I honestly haven't been following any of the other teams close enough in the conference to say who fits that bill though... so I'll sayyyy we beat Washington

I think we can win any of our remaining games against these finicky teams with the exception of at Oregon. Things finally caught up with UCLA after 3 shaky wins against teams who are mediocre at best, while Arizona struggled against mighty UTSA and essentially lost to Cal. Meanwhile USC is severely under-achieving. And UW is very beatable on our home field.

Well beat this I bet....

csm.gif

I want whatever Luke is having.

**** 'em all. We're going bowling.

I don't think the unpredictability or "finicky" nature of the PAC 12 has anything to do with whether we'll win again this year. The parity we're seeing is between the teams where the talent is fairly close. Once you get down to us, it drops precipitously. Arizona beats Oregon, or Utah beats UCLA because the difference between the two teams in raw talent isn't huge. So breaks, refs and coaching can be deciding factors. We had our chances against the two teams that we were close with on paper. We didn't get it done. The gap is too wide going forward.

I don't think the unpredictability or "finicky" nature of the PAC 12 has anything to do with whether we'll win again this year. The parity we're seeing is between the teams where the talent is fairly close. Once you get down to us, it drops precipitously. Arizona beats Oregon, or Utah beats UCLA because the difference between the two teams in raw talent isn't huge. So breaks, refs and coaching can be deciding factors. We had our chances against the two teams that we were close with on paper. We didn't get it done. The gap is too wide going forward.

So.... cal and utah have much better talent than us, but about the same as Ucla and Az? Don't agree. Do agree that the other factors matter in every game.

I believe we can and will win a game or two. Three would be beyond my wildest.

This team is better than its record. But the only game we pissed away and played poorly at the same time was CSU. Many of us expected it though, since this team needed some time to come together.

Could we have won the Cal game and OSU game? Yes. Should we have? Probably. But are they bad losses? No.

These kids are playing their hearts out and having success. That's enough for me this year. I haven't seen this much effort from a CU team since Barney. Next year is the breakthrough year (although I do hope we pick up a W or two to finish out the season).

CU needs:
some bad calls in our favor,
turnovers in our favor
missed field goals in our favor
no more injuries and get some of these kids back
Sefo stop throwing (Peyton) like un necessary interceptions to start the game. CU not good enough to overcome those.

If our boys can do that we might get one more win, my guess washington

The way this team is playing, they can beat anybody and they can lose to anybody. Frustrating part of a true rebuilding year.

Might want to show that one first....

We are literally a couple of plays from winning at least 2 if not 3 of the games we have lost. Not coach speak, but actually. They are close. Closer than they have been for a long time. Our previous "rebuilding" years never compared to where the team is now.

We are literally a couple of plays from winning at least 2 if not 3 of the games we have lost. Not coach speak, but actually. They are close. Closer than they have been for a long time. Our previous "rebuilding" years never compared to where the team is now.

+1. Our previous "rebuilding" years never actually included any rebuilding. Got to keep the momentum going and keep building on the success each week. We are in a fragile phase of the rebuilding project. Some wins would really help, but are not an absolute must.

2-3 plays from beating Cal and Oregon State. Not quite sure that means we can "beat anybody"

Disagree with assessment of Washington. Four non-conference wins and one 20-13 loss to Stanford is kinda hard to argue that the Buffs are going to win easily, if at all.

If they somehow lose to CAL, Oregon and AZ state, they'll be viewing the buffs as their opportunity to get even. If they win those games, we are in even bigger trouble.

As always, I'll be very happy to be proven wrong.

2-3 plays from beating Cal and Oregon State. Not quite sure that means we can "beat anybody"

You checked out after the CSU loss so that doesnt surprise me.

Oregon state's defense is legitimate, which was the criticism of Cal, and we were in a position to win. We should have beat Cal, who mind you is #1 in the North right now.

Could we beat teams in the top 5? Probably not. Could we beat any of the teams in our conference? Probably. This conference is bi-polar enough that Idk if I would outright count us out against anyone.

Back