What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So who do you want as the new Head Coach?

Kiseau came here from Cal. Helfrich from ASU. I think Collins and the rest of them were Boise guys, though.

And I too, have come to the conclusion that Hawk is in way over his head. The folksy yarn has worn thin, and all that's left is a guy who can't even call a timeout when he needs to. This, more than anything, is what has me extremely depressed. Here we are in year four, and Hawk doesn't even know to call a timeout with 50 seconds left in the first half so he can get the ball back? That, right there, showed me just about everything I needed to know about his coaching ability. It really hurts saying that, because we've just thrown away four years.

kiesau and helfrich never called plays. kiesau is a wr coach by training and helfrich was "passing game" coordinator (but he never called plays).

hawk, as far as i know, never called plays at bsu either.

so, what we have had, on offense, is a braintrust of coaches who have never done it before in major college bowl.

one thing about barnett (and he clearly missed when he let okruch advance to the full dc position when macmahon died) is that he hired coordinators who actually have coordinated in the big leagues.

we need a coach that has CU and/or BIG 12 ties (Both CU and BIG 12 ties would be nice)....someone that understands how to coach and prepare the team to win in the BIG 12

we need a coach that has CU and/or BIG 12 ties (Both CU and BIG 12 ties would be nice)....someone that understands how to coach and prepare the team to win in the BIG 12

Brian Cabral? The guy can flat out recruit, coaches AA and future pros, has been in charge before (heck, he's second in command right now as Associate HC), has been in the industry for a long, long, time so could bring in some quality coordinators.

He should get serious consideration if Hawk can't get this ship turned around fast.

Brian Cabral? The guy can flat out recruit, coaches AA and future pros, has been in charge before (heck, he's second in command right now as Associate HC), has been in the industry for a long, long, time so could bring in some quality coordinators.

He should get serious consideration if Hawk can't get this ship turned around fast.
:yeahthat: He is why I am ok with a midseason change. He is literally the perfect candidate for interim HC.

If a change is made, I would really like to see the program go in the opposite direction of the spread and move toward more of a smash-mouth ball, especially considering the current talent on the team.

Gary Patterson is the first guy that comes to mind. A lot of people in Tex think he was the true braintrust behind Francione's success. He could also re-open the Texas pipeline.

Troy Calhoun is another interesting candidate, who really seems to be able to coach, the question mark is whether he could recruit.

Ultimately, I think it would be a mistake to hire someone who has no experience recruiting Texas and Cali, which excludes most of the guys from the east.

Totally agree. If this season gets uglier in the next several weeks, Bohn may need to pull the plug. I can see Hawk losing this team if things do not get better quickly. If he loses the team, Bohn may not have an option but to make a mid year change.

Haven't heard anybody mention Jeff Jagodzinski. Did well at a major conference school that is under-resourced compared to its competition (sounds familiar) and is recently available after finding out he is better suited to the college game than the NFL.

Guys, what is the buyout $$$?? We can't afford ANYONE if the buyout is really approaching $3 million. Hell, given athletic department finances, we probably couldn't afford anyone if the buyout approached $1.5 million.

Haven't heard anybody mention Jeff Jagodzinski. Did well at a major conference school that is under-resourced compared to its competition (sounds familiar) and is recently available after finding out he is better suited to the college game than the NFL.

Good catch. I hadn't thought of him, but I like the idea.

My all-time pipe dream coach would be Bill Cowher. After he coached all of those Buffs back in the day, I feel like he must have a soft spot for CU. I just went to a very happy place thinking about what the run game would look like with him here.

I do remember his name being in the running for North Carolina before Butch Davis took the job, but I think that was because he's got a home in NC and I think he wanted to stay close to his family.

Dan Hawkins. Why? Because if I want him as the HC at the end of the year it means we won 8 game or more, we are all wrong, and we have the program headed in the right direction. Anybody else hoping for wins??
I'm the first to say if we dont win 8, fire him. ASAP. But, hoping to lose? Ehhhh, why? If he doesnt lose, thats a good thing, no?

I think we have to wait for Mark Richt to have a great year at Georgia, fail in the NFL next year and be the Buff coach in 2011.

Also, I don't know what expectations Army has for their program, but if they don't think Rich Ellerson is getting it done after this year I'd love him coaching up our DL.

Back