What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So you are telling me there's a chance for Dinwiddie's return:

I think Spencer ends up coming back for his senior year.

And I feel kind of bad for him since he could have gone to the NBA after his sophomore year.

Wishing him the best and fulfillment of his dreams. Important thing to keep in mind here is that as a big PG, his best NBA years are likely in his late 20s and 30s... not as a 20 year old anyway.

I want to think that. But could go either way in my opinion.

I think Goose's comments were more directed at the sour grapes posters whose responses to Dre going pro were essentially “Get used to the D-League buses", “Enjoy Europe" or “He'll never see the NBA." A lot of the responses were way over the top for a kid presented with the chance to fulfill his dream.

Enjoy Europe seems like a dumb slam if you think about.

Enjoy living abroad experiencing a rich tapestry of history and culture while getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, loser.

I think Spencer ends up coming back for his senior year.

And I feel kind of bad for him since he could have gone to the NBA after his sophomore year.

Wishing him the best and fulfillment of his dreams. Important thing to keep in mind here is that as a big PG, his best NBA years are likely in his late 20s and 30s... not as a 20 year old anyway.

I don't think he'll be back, but time will tell. Either way, he wins.

I don't think he'll be back, but time will tell. Either way, he wins.

I feel bad for Spencer. I think he's one of the best true PG's in CB and a standout person. Makes me mad that the more I look around CB and the draft sites, several players are increasing they're stock which will make it harder for Spencer to get guaranteed money. I hope he gets a commitment from a team to take him in the first round, similar to Roberson, but (and I hope I'm wrong) my gut is telling me he's probably only going to get a 2nd round commitment.

Questions about the knee and not being able to perform at the combine is going to hurt.

If Spencer were to choose to comeback to CU, there maybe a silver lining. Spencer comes back stronger than ever, Buffs go Top 10 all year, wins the Pac-12, makes an NCAA Final Four trip, Spencer's stock explodes because of all the national exposure while leading his team to a magical season, best ever for him and the Buffs, and Spencer proves to the nation that he can overcome adversity. Spencer then gets picked somewhere between 10-20 in the 2015 NBA draft and ready to lead an NBA team. Now that would be a story for the ages.

Whatever Spencer does I'm sure he's going to be successful, whether at CU or in the Pros.

You all probably saw this tweet from brian already, but I'll post it here anyway

[tweet]442445572402716672 [/tweet]

Also retweeted by spencer, FWIW

You all probably saw this tweet from brian already, but I'll post it here anyway

[tweet]442445572402716672 [/tweet]

Also retweeted by spencer, FWIW

Haters fuel the motivation.

What others pointed out is that this is the same team that drafted Jimmer Fredette in the lottery and is now pinning their hopes on Rudy Gay & DeMarcus Cousins.

Spencer is up and shooting at 7weeks from surgery. Doctor probably wouldn't be too happy that he is doing that without a brace...

http://instagram.com/p/laINiHx4Sr/
What is up with the hastag #theybetterhopeIleave? Who is they, and why? The NBA doesn't "hope" for anything except for everyone to overlook the terrible officiating, the absurdity of expiring contracts, and the generally poor product. They don't care about you, Spencer.

What is up with the hastag #theybetterhopeIleave? Who is they, and why? The NBA doesn't "hope" for anything except for everyone to overlook the terrible officiating, the absurdity of expiring contracts, and the generally poor product. They don't care about you, Spencer.

I assumed "they" is our opponents next year

What a ridiculous assumption. Obviously, you know absolutely NOTHING about Spencer. He isn't talking about the NBA. Why would he? He has no track record at that level. However, he has a pretty impressive track record at the collegiate level. It isn't rocket science to interpret his message. He's talking about next season at the collegiate level, should he make that choice. And your closing sentence, "They don't care about you, Spencer" is by far the most asinine comment that I have seen on this board in a long, long, long time.

What a ridiculous assumption. Obviously, you know absolutely NOTHING about Spencer. He isn't talking about the NBA. Why would he? He has no track record at that level. However, he has a pretty impressive track record at the collegiate level. It isn't rocket science to interpret his message. He's talking about next season at the collegiate level, should he make that choice. And your closing sentence, "They don't care about you, Spencer" is by far the most asinine comment that I have seen on this board in a long, long, long time.
The professor doesn't post often, but when he does, he mad.

You obviously don't spend enough time here. :lol:

Thank you for posting that, though.

Folks need to recognize that this is a tough patch for Spencer and that we're supposed to support him. Shoulder to Shoulder, you know? Here's a guy who has been spectacular as a Buff, won a ton of games for the program, gave us all way more than we could have hoped for from our entertainment dollars spent on basketball... and he ends up with a fluke injury that could very well delay his dream if NBA GMs get cold feet over Spencer despite him being about as good as a guard prospect as you'll find. He's in the + category on every measure: size, length, quickness, explosion, shooting, handle, clutch gene, etc. You will find guards who might be better in an area or two, but Spencer's the complete package.

Whether he gets the word that there are some smart GMs who will use a 1st round pick on him or whether he gets bad news on that front and comes back to CU with a chip on his shoulder to prove them wrong, we fans need to have his back.

And if he comes back, get your popcorn out because it sounds like he'd be locked in to go full-on Kobe-style assassin his senior year.

I was actually quite unimpressed with Kobe's college career. Can we try a "Pete Maravich" or "Isiah Thomas" analogy?

And if he comes back, get your popcorn out because it sounds like he'd be locked in to go full-on Kobe-style assassin his senior year.

Our guards if he came back...oh my god

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

National Top 10 front court coming back for 2014-15. Pair that with a Spencer-led back court, and the back court is also on that level.

CU could legitimately have the best PG (Spencer) and the best Big (Josh) in the nation... and enough talent around them that CU could still beat a decent team if they both had an off night. Kind of crazy.

National Top 10 front court coming back for 2014-15. Pair that with a Spencer-led back court, and the back court is also on that level.

CU could legitimately have the best PG (Spencer) and the best Big (Josh) in the nation... and enough talent around them that CU could still beat a decent team if they both had an off night. Kind of crazy.

Really? Besides Scott I don't think we have anyone else that any other NCAAT team doesn't have.

Really? Besides Scott I don't think we have anyone else that any other NCAAT team doesn't have.

Right. So when your best big is maybe the #1 big in the country (or at least in the west) and the other two are guys who, respectively, could lead the Pac-12 in blocked shots while delivering double-digit scoring and a guy who has been averaging around 15 ppg... and they have been outrebounding just about everyone they've faced... that's a Top 10 front court.

Yeah, they'd be scary good if Spencer came back. Even if he does not, they're going to be very, very good.

I'm still hoping he comes back! That would really help us achieve the special season we all want.
I hope he gets word that a GM will pay him. As much as I would be ecstatic if he decides to come back, I'd rather have another Buff realize the dream of getting to the NBA and to have him tear it up in the pros.

Professor and Nik with strong posts here.

One thing I do want to point out as well is Spencer's mindset. Not sure if this was public knowledge, but it is now - Spencer was told last year (Dre's draft) that he had a first round draft grade by the NBA scouting service. This is the draft where Allen Crabbe went with the first pick in the second round. Does anyone think Crabbe is picked before Spencer? So he came in to this year knowing that he was going to be done and he was going to be a first round pick - only to have this happen. While I'd love to have him back, part of me really hopes he does everything possible to finally achieve his dream. The Buffs will be fine next year without him (although they would be special with him).

And it's awfully nice for Tad to be able to tell recruits - "three first round picks in four years. Come be the next."

One thing I do want to point out as well is Spencer's mindset. Not sure if this was public knowledge, but it is now - Spencer was told last year (Dre's draft) that he had a first round draft grade by the NBA scouting service.

I heard the opposite. Personally, I would have been shocked if he really was taken in the 1st round. But then again, Andre was taken earlier then pretty much anyone but possibly Andre expected.

I hope he is able to live out his dream, and definitely not hoping he comes back (although, I wouldn't complain if he did)

Back