What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So you are telling me there's a chance for Dinwiddie's return:

I heard the opposite. Personally, I would have been shocked if he really was taken in the 1st round. But then again, Andre was taken earlier then pretty much anyone but possibly Andre expected.

I hope he is able to live out his dream, and definitely not hoping he comes back (although, I wouldn't complain if he did)

rolandftw - regarding Spencer's draft status last year, I also know there were conflicting reports out there. What isn't in doubt is that Spencer himself says that he got a 1st round grade. Basically, as Goose said, the GMs he talked to had Spencer ahead of Crabbe and Crabbe went RD2, Pick1.

The only quote I could find by Dinwiddie on his draft stock was this Denver Post article (WARNING: Henderson article). Was there anything anywhere else that would contradict his statement? The quote definitely doesn't come off to me as someone that had a definitive 1st round grade.

"If I had left last year, I was a borderline late first-round, early second-round pick," Dinwiddie said. "I'd be fighting everybody, trying to kill it in workouts, trying to move up just like I've always been doing. Whereas now it's a blessing."

Also, while I do not know for certain, I do not believe the draft advisory committee is so broad as to just say "you're a first round pick," or "you're a 2nd round pick." Think it gets more specific then that, at least it did with Alec Burks's situation and other higher picks. I remember Tad commenting on Spencer's situation, and thought he said that he didn't get the grade back that he wanted to.

I know it was more complicated then that as there was a time when Spencer was still thinking of leaving school early, so the grade was likely not "undrafted," but was likely in the early 2nd round territory

Not getting the grade he wanted to was that he wasn't projected to go in the Lottery.

I really, really hope spencer can play in the nba - watching him get better over the last 3 years has been fun, and his injury was a total shame. He will get through this because he's a tough kid.

I just dont know if the nba is coming for him this april or next april because of the injury.

Also, while I do not know for certain, I do not believe the draft advisory committee is so broad as to just say "you're a first round pick," or "you're a 2nd round pick." Think it gets more specific then that, at least it did with Alec Burks's situation and other higher picks.

He was told "mid to late 20s".

Back