1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So you know that UNLV team that whopped up on Hawai'i.....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Ya they lost at home to Southern Utah 16-41 yesterday

Oh and that New Mexico team that csu squeeked aout a win in the first week, ya they lost at home to Sam Houston State 45-48 to go to 0-4.

And everybody knows about K-state beating a Miami team who stomped a Ohio State team who stomped us. Maryland also beat miami. Mayland lost at home to Temple 7-38 yesterday.

And then theres CAL struggling on the road again losing to a mediocre Washington team on the road.

Damn our strength of schedule is so strong so far!:lol:

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Your negativity sucks. Get behind the damn team already.

3. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Hawaii was at home against us though so that has to account for something.

4. Unleash Hell

Hawaii is so damn good!

5. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Strength of Schedule generally becomes important when your actually in the mix for something important.

6. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

This the same guy that thought I was crazy for ranking us 11th in the Pac-12?

7. Unleash Hell

I still don't think theres much difference between the bottom 4 of the Pac, but for now you win

8. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Not to mention Washington State beat UNLV 59-7.

9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

But we beat CSU, and CSU beat Utah State, who played Auburn pretty much dead even. So we're better than Auburn! :woot:

10. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

We are not a good football team right now, but people suffer more if they sip the Kool Aid. This was a 3 to 5 win team before the season started and now with the injuries, it may be lower than that. When Coach Mac expressed an interest in the CU job, he did so knowing that he could withstand the heat until he rebuilt the thing. The heat is on Embo and his staff and it will get uglier this year. Hopefully, he can continue the process of instilling his identity in the players and recruit better talent. All we can do is be patient and pray we hired the right guy.

11. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Very good argument, which I had not heard before.

12. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Clubber Lang Club Member

Embree won't feel real heat for years. Just mention Hawk and the anger gravitates his way (rightfully.) Hawk got 5 years after taking over a .500 team. What does Embree get after taking over a sub-.500 team?

13. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Actually Hawkins got 4 years and 8 games.

Embree might be safe as one McCartney's boys but more effort (or lack thereof) like what happened at Ohio State is going to bring the heat.

14. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

:lol:

15. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

I understand how you interpreted it, but I didn't mean heat regarding job security. He's got years. What I meant is that fans are so frustrated after 7+ years of frustration that he will catch crap sooner from the fans. For me, year 1 is a total pass on wins and losses. What I'll be looking at over the next ten weeks is the staff's ability to fix the special teams. I will be sorely disappointed if they can't get that solved to the point where we get some reasonable punting, kickoffs, and return coverage. To their credit, the staff recognized how pathetic our special teams were and brought in Oliver for field goals and O'Neill and Brundage to compete on punting. Not to write those guys off, but can you imagine if we only had Castor and Grossnickel? The staff deserves some credit for building the competition.