What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So you're saying there's a chance?

It really is quite simple. Buffs will win the rest of their games this season and be in the play offs.

Question with the Playoff bowls-do they take the highest ranked team from a certain conference if they're affiliated with one, or can they take anybody they want within reason from that league?
The Rose Bowl takes the conference champion, unless they are in the playoff, in that case, they take the next highest ranked team (which may or may not be the championship game loser).

The other bowls choose who they want based on what they think will drive the highest TV ratings and most ticket sales.

Alamo Bowl gets first pick after the rose, then the Holiday Bowl. Here's the full P12 list:

1. Rose Bowl vs Big Ten
2. Alamo Bowl vs. Big 12
3. Holiday Bowl vs. Big Ten*
4. Foster Farms Bowl vs. Big Ten*
5. Sun Bowl vs. ACC
6. Las Vegas Bowl vs. Mountain West
7. Cactus Bowl vs. Big 12

*most of the B10 bowl agreements say that they have to take 5 different B10 teams over a six year span, which likely means that Wisconsin and the nubs won't go to the Holiday and Maryland and the nubs won't be in SFO either.

So, given that the nubs have no chance of the Rose, we won't play them in a bowl game this year.

But we could get a rematch against Michigan.

Others have already said it, but I'll reiterate it. I don't get you negative people still expecting doom and gloom and barely clawing our way to bowl eligibility. You have clearly not seen the same team I've seen this year. Without the punting disaster which has proved to be an anomaly, we beat #4 Michigan in the Big House. We overcame two freshman INTs in Autzen that would have crushed this team last year. We destroyed the other three teams the way very good/great teams do when facing inferior competition. It's clear from listening to every player that they are focused and hungry and will continue to show up every week. It's okay to believe it's real. It's okay to get excited. We deserve it after all the suffering. Enjoy it.

Others have already said it, but I'll reiterate it. I don't get you negative people still expecting doom and gloom and barely clawing our way to bowl eligibility. You have clearly not seen the same team I've seen this year. Without the punting disaster which has proved to be an anomaly, we beat #4 Michigan in the Big House. We overcame two freshman INTs in Autzen that would have crushed this team last year. We destroyed the other three teams the way very good/great teams do when facing inferior competition. It's clear from listening to every player that they are focused and hungry and will continue to show up every week. It's okay to believe it's real. It's okay to get excited. We deserve it after all the suffering. Enjoy it.
****ing douche bags.

If and when they beat SC I will then be taking the kool-aid intravenously...here's hoping to a big needle Saturday evening.

The team is playing great right now. I'm super happy about it. But I agree with Jens here regarding our unlikely chances of making the Rose Bowl. I hope I'm wrong but, if I were a betting man, I'd bet the Buffs lose to USC.

But I also agree with Lefty. If they beat SC, I'm putting the Kool-Aid in a 3 story, frat house, beer bong and going to town.

Good chance we end up with like 8-9 bowl eligible teams. OSU definitely not, Arizona unlikely, Oregon in big trouble. Wazzu - who on earth knows what they'll do. A fresh CU with huge fan enthusiasm would probably be pretty attractive as many of these teams are retreads.

I think the Buffs will win all the rest of their home games, at least. But it's one game a time. I'm a bit nervous about the USC game, given that the Trojans got some of their mojo back last week against a good opponent. I still think that the Buffs will win that game, despite what Vegas says. Buffs have beaten the spread every single game this year.

I think the Buffs will win all the rest of their home games, at least. But it's one game a time. I'm a bit nervous about the USC game, given that the Trojans got some of their mojo back last week against a good opponent. I still think that the Buffs will win that game, despite what Vegas says. Buffs have beaten the spread every single game this year.
WRONG! A good opponent does not have a 99th ranked defense playing a confused set of DBs, behind a non-blitzing set of LBs.
That being said, white horsies, cute blondes and a drearlily repetitive marching band, do offer some comfort to the Condoms, who are talented.
(Vegas says nothing other than "Please bet equal amounts of money on either team, so we don't have to open our vaults to pay the winners.")

I think the biggest thing with tomorrow isn't us-its USC. They've still got a ton of talent......but they're eclectic enough to embarrass somebody one week and then lay an egg the next. I've seen enough from us to be pretty confident that we'll bring our A game. Skibum-thanks for the bowl info. I think Stanford and UW are CFP/Rose Bowl bound unless they lose at least twice (I don't think the CFP wants two teams from one league or Houston (who I've got losing to Louisville in November) unless they don't have any other alternatives). That said, I did want to respond to what you said about the Big 10's bowl agreements. If we wind up taking either a Holiday or Foster Farms Bowl bid, you better believe those committees are going to want Nebraska if they're available (I don't know where they are in the Big 10's bowl order). These games are about money and TV ratings just as much as anything. I dont know for sure, but I would guess that the Vegas bowl last year that featured Utah-BYU got probably the highest tv ratings out of any bowl not among the New Years Six.

Whatever happens vs SC, CU will beat ASU. They are vastly overrated. Terrible defense and almost lost to San Antonio. We should put 50+ points on the board vs the devils

Back