What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So

Unleash Hell

I watched the highlight video of the 1990 team today. The guys like Hagan, Bieniemy, Deon, Alfred and Kanavis are the ones that get most of the props from that team, however there are three guys that really contributed that year that don't get mentioned as much. Mike Pritchard, George Hemmingway and CJ. Dave McCloughan was a hell of a returner, didn't look fast, but he could return.

That team had an amazing amount of talent at every position. What is more impressive is that they played with a passion to excell that the current teams couldn't even imagine. Look at the tapes and you see guys sweating like pigs after the first drive, they are playing at an intensity level that leaves no room for failure. Watch the end of games and guys who just moments before were flying around the field are so spent that they have trouble dragging themselves to the locker room, to quote a cliche "The left it all on the field every time."

The relative talent on the team right now is nowhere near what those teams had but I also don't think it is close to as bad as it looks. I would love to see the results if the current team played with half the passion that those teams showed.

Pritchard recieved the player-voted offensive player of the year at the team banquet. Dave McCloughan was/is the nicest guy on the planet. Don't forget the Line with Leeuenburg, Garten, Vander Poel, Solomon, and Heasley/Campbell(campell transfered he was an odd cat).

Pritchard recieved the player-voted offensive player of the year at the team banquet. Dave McCloughan was/is the nicest guy on the planet. Don't forget the Line with Leeuenburg, Garten, Vander Poel, Solomon, and Heasley/Campbell(campell transfered he was an odd cat).

McCloughans nephew was a student of my wifes a couple years ago. He used to always come to school in buff stuff.

Back