What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Soccer at Arizona

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
The Buffs Soccer Team (12-4-2, 4-3-2) will travel to Tuscon today at noon to face the Arizona Wildcats (7-7-4, 5-6-1). The Buffs are close to being ranked in the top 25 of the coaches poll and are coming off of a 2-2 tied against ASU, while Arizona is winless in their last 3 matches and are coming off of a 1-0 loss to Utah. The match will not be televised, but it will be shown online for free by the Pac-12 Network. Here is a short preview from cubuffs.com:
COLORADO VS. ARIZONA: The Buffs and Wildcats have met two prior times. In CU’s inaugural season in the Pac-12, the Buffs and Wildcats tied 2-2 in double-overtime at Prentup Field, last season, CU shut out Arizona 3-0 in Tucson behind goals by Lizzy Herzl, Storie Ledger and Bianca Jones.

SCOUTING THE WILDCATS: Despite netting the second most goals in the conference, Arizona (who enters the weekend 7-6-4, 2-5-1 Pac-12) has also allowed a conference-high 23 goals. The Wildcats opened the season on a six game unbeaten streak, including a scoreless draw against then-No. 24 Ohio State. In conference play, U of A has gotten wins over Oregon State and USC and pushed then-No. 2 Stanford to overtime, where the Wildcats fell 2-1. Senior Jazmin Ponce leads the group with 10 goals and four assists. Three more players have scored at least three goals, and eight others have netted one.

Live Event
Live Stats

Last edited:
Not televised, but shown by the PAC-12 network..... What does that mean? We can see the game online on their website? Thanks

And the game has begun. Looks like a beautiful day there. From when I've started watching, looks pretty even in time of possession. I haven't seen any great scoring chances yet from either side.

One difficulty- the screen doesn't show time remaining, there are no announcers to occasionally let you know, and the livestats don't seem to be working. So... no idea of what the clock looks like. Anyway, still no score. I'd say UofAZ have had a few more chances, but non super dangerous looking, and CU just forced a (basic) save.

Stats aren't working, so I guess you just have to guess at what's going on.

One thing that is kind of fun, sounds like the mic is between both benches. Buffs recently had a nice centering pass (looked like to Bre Hooks?) that didn't quite connect and within a second or two you hear "Comon ref, she was holding" and "great job Alexa"

I'd give AZ a small advantage in the 1st half. They did have 3-4 corner kicks, while I can't remember the Buffs having any. (I didn't see every minute, as I'm "Input surfing" between the Buffs and the KC-Bills football game.) When I was watching, I didn't see either goalie have to make an "A" level save.

Looks like live stats may now be working, or at minimum they loaded numbers as of halftime. AZ has 9 shots, 5 on goal, while the Buffs are 4/4. AZ does have a 6-0 advantage in corner kicks.

And the Buffs have their best chance. Bri Hooks from pointblank but goalie does a good job and comes out to cut the angle. Cu did get their 1st corner out of the play.

0-3 to Arizona. This will be the Buffs first "bad loss" of the season. Really disappointing in that this was to a lower tier conference foe in a match the Buffs really needed.

CU attack for the most part has looked anemic. Now they are in a "must win" situation at Utah next Friday if they want to secure an at-large berth in the NCAA tourney.

0-3 to Arizona. This will be the Buffs first "bad loss" of the season. Really disappointing in that this was to a lower tier conference foe in a match the Buffs really needed.

CU attack for the most part has looked anemic. Now they are in a "must win" situation at Utah next Friday if they want to secure an at-large berth in the NCAA tourney.

Yep. I think our RPI was pretty good going into the weekend (#23), but the 0-1-1 hurt. Utah did have the better RPI (#33) than either AZ school, so a road win against them will be good, but we did probably lose our NCAA cushion. Oh well, Good luck to Volleyball in a couple hours- give the Huskies their 2nd loss!!!

Back