What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Soccer vs Arizona

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
The Buffs soccer team is back in action today at noon when they host Arizona (10-5-2, 4-4-1 Pac-12) at Prentup Field. The Buffs and Wildcats have met three times prior and the series is tied 1-1-1. Arizona has not played in Boulder, Colo. since 2011 when the match ended in a 2-2 tie. In 2012, Colorado notched its first victory in the series recording a 3-0 shutout over the Wildcats on Arizona’s home turf. Last season, CU dropped a 3-0 decision, which was also played in Tucson, Ariz. This is another big match for the Buffs and a win here would definitely help their resume for the NCAA tournament as they only have one more match left this season against Utah. The match will not be televised, but there will be a free stream provided by the Pac-12 Network. Also, the first 300 fans in attendance will receive a coupon for a $1 hot dog. Just like the volleyball match, I will try to provide score updates but that's probably about it.

Live Stream
Live Stats

Last edited:
GO BUFFS! Keep accumulating those (ideally) 3 point wins!

I've now found two websites that, before this weekend's matches, attempted to guess which teams will be selected into the NCAA tournament,. Both I believe had the Buffs as THE last team in, so the margin of error is looking to be very small. Obviously, the win against ASU Friday was BIG; they just need to keep that up for the 2 remaining matches. Arizona, at #23, did have the highest RPI of any of the Buffs final 3 opponents (ASU was #40, Utah #44) going into this weekend, so points today would I assume help the Buffs RPI (#51) go up at least an (important) spot or two.

1-0 Buffs 23 minutes in by a goal from Jerman in the 6th minute

The stats link that's working is http://www.cubuffs.com/liveStats/v2/soccer/index.dbml?GAME_STAT_ID=1720469&db_oem_id=600 .

Can't get video to work. Looks like Buffs may have already scored, as the live stats have them up 1-0. But, the stat play by play isn't showing the goal, so maybe they didn't score? (Doesn't look like a good day for either the video or stats people so far.)

It's 1-0 Buffs, I haven't tried the video since I'm studying and I never can trust the stats to be accurate

Madi Krauser was taken out on the edge of the box early in the match resulting in a PK for the Buffs. Jerman calmly buried it high and in the corner - it was a semi-chip and a bit cheeky. Brie Hooks had a couple of good curling shots that were close and Jerman hit the bar with a shot. Buffs are doing a solid job on defense and are doing okay with possession in the first half.

Looks like Kahlia Hogg is playing left back in place of Bianca Jones. Hogg was a defender at FSU, but had been playing higher up the field for CU.

Still no video. Per the stats, still 1-0 at halftime. Looks like the Buffs are out shooting AZ 7-4, but CU's goalkeeper is the only one with saves (3), so sounds like AZ has MAYBE (hard to tell from stats) been the more dangerous team overall.

Madi Krauser was taken out on the edge of the box early in the match resulting in a PK for the Buffs. Jerman calmly buried it high and in the corner - it was a semi-chip and a bit cheeky. Brie Hooks had a couple of good curling shots that were close and Jerman hit the bar with a shot. Buffs are doing a solid job on defense and are doing okay with possession in the first half.

Looks like Kahlia Hogg is playing left back in place of Bianca Jones. Hogg was a defender at FSU, but had been playing higher up the field for CU.

Thanks for the update. Are you there? Or, video working for you?

Edit- Hogg has been playing back the last couple matches, actually replacing I believe Orejel. (Jones has I believe been an inside back most/ all of the year. Is she playing there today?)

GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Britney Stark scores for the Buffs in the 53rd minute to give them a 2-0 lead

Arizona gets a goal on a penalty kick in the 72nd minute to cut the Buffs lead to 2-1. Currently still 2-1 with about 10 minutes remaining.

GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madison Krauser gets her 2nd goal of the season to give the Buffs a 3-1 lead with just 2 minutes remaining.

Thanks for the update. Are you there? Or, video working for you?

Edit- Hogg has been playing back the last couple matches, actually replacing I believe Orejel. (Jones has I believe been an inside back most/ all of the year. Is she playing there today?)

My mistake. Having the disadvantage of being almost 6K miles from Boulder I have to rely on what I can glean from the streaming video. Jones and Cooper are the center backs with Rice and Hogg playing on the outside.

CU played fairly composed in the match with few silly kick and chase sequences. Rather they found each other both long and short to help maintain a bit of possession. And for the most part Arizona was only able to create chances with their long flip-throws into the box. They got themselves back in the match with the PK goal which was a bit unlucky for CU as I thought Bianca Jones was a bit off balance when the ball was hit at her. From that point on Arizona gained a bit of momentum, but CU didn't collapse and continued to counter attack with Krauser's goal effectively killing the match off. Brie darn near scored one too late in the match.

I thought Tori Cooper was solid on the back line today. She was proactive in shutting down attacks by reading the pass and cutting it off before it became dangerous. Also, the combination of Hooks and Brittney Stark on the pitch on the same time was tantalizing. They seemed to be on the same page and were able to combine several times in the final third. On Stark's goal she was a bit lucky in that she got herself a bit too close to the keeper only to see the ball come back and ricochet into the goal. Still her movement and energy allowed her to make a good run at the keeper with the ball at her feet.

A very important win for the Buffs. They should beat Utah on Friday and thus will end up with a winning record in conference play which will guarantee them a spot in the post season.

My mistake. Having the disadvantage of being almost 6K miles from Boulder I have to rely on what I can glean from the streaming video. Jones and Cooper are the center backs with Rice and Hogg playing on the outside.

CU played fairly composed in the match with few silly kick and chase sequences. Rather they found each other both long and short to help maintain a bit of possession. And for the most part Arizona was only able to create chances with their long flip-throws into the box. They got themselves back in the match with the PK goal which was a bit unlucky for CU as I thought Bianca Jones was a bit off balance when the ball was hit at her. From that point on Arizona gained a bit of momentum, but CU didn't collapse and continued to counter attack with Krauser's goal effectively killing the match off. Brie darn near scored one too late in the match.

I thought Tori Cooper was solid on the back line today. She was proactive in shutting down attacks by reading the pass and cutting it off before it became dangerous. Also, the combination of Hooks and Brittney Stark on the pitch on the same time was tantalizing. They seemed to be on the same page and were able to combine several times in the final third. On Stark's goal she was a bit lucky in that she got herself a bit too close to the keeper only to see the ball come back and ricochet into the goal. Still her movement and energy allowed her to make a good run at the keeper with the ball at her feet.

A very important win for the Buffs. They should beat Utah on Friday and thus will end up with a winning record in conference play which will guarantee them a spot in the post season.

Thanks so much for the detail. (I couldn't ever get the video going, although I was also busy watching volleyball so didn't try to troubleshoot anything.)

A GREAT win for the team. Now, they just need to take care of business against Utah next Friday!

Gonna go to the match Friday against Utah.

So proud of this team and hope that Sanchez stays at CU for a long time.

Gonna go to the match Friday against Utah.

So proud of this team and hope that Sanchez stays at CU for a long time.

I'm hoping to go also, and was VERY impressed with two great quality wins this weekend. (Even if the Friday Utah match wasn't important, I'd probably go anyways since I'm a sucker for senior days.)

Also, good opportunity for a soccer/ volleyball double header, although there is a pretty big time gap with the EARLY (noon) start for soccer and 6:30 for volleyball.

Also, good opportunity for a soccer/ volleyball double header, although there is a pretty big time gap with the EARLY (noon) start for soccer and 6:30 for volleyball.

Just to correct myself (an unfortunately common requirement), I didn't notice until someone on another forum pointed it out that the volleyball game (against UCLA) is Thursday at 6:30, so NO volleyball/ soccer double header opportunity on Friday.

With a victory over Utah on Friday combined with other favorable results, CU could finish as high as third in the conference. That would be a huge accomplishment.

What a shame that the match is at noon in Boulder. That's ridiculous! Either CU needs lights or the Pac 12 needs to play these matches on a Saturday.

Don't think Sanchez is leaving anytime soon. He's been in this area for a long time - Metro State, Wyo and now CU. Plus he's got the program going very much in the right direction :).

Not sure where they need to be for the tournament, but there RPI is now 39.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came across this chart on the Big Soccer Women's College forum. It was updated recently. It's an attempt to predict which teams will make the NCAA tourney and of those which will be seeded. CU looks in good shape, but they still need to defeat Utah on Friday.

https://sites.google.com/site/rpifo...ge-page/ARPI to It 5 Comparison 11.2.2014.png

ARPI%20to%20It%205%20Comparison%2011.2.2014.png

Back