What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Some comments on today's game

buffs04

- Dan Hawkins isn't to blame in my opinion - he's great for the program and is a very good recruiter (which is the major portion of being a good coach in CFB) and excellent for PR and community/fan support. He clearly has deficiencies in game-day coaching, but they are exacerbated by the weaknesses of his assistants.

- We need a new offensive scheme and probably a new OC.

- Special teams are a huge problem; the tone of the game was largely set when we gave MU field position at the 45 yard line. Riddle needs to perform or move on.

- CU needs to run an offense that features the running game which is the strength of the team. As I've mentioned in other posts, Darrell, Rodney, and Tyler are all excellent runners and could be the backbone of a very potent running game.

- DS needs more snaps. His numbers aren't impressive but when you watch him play it's clear that he is incredibly talented and, if/when put in the right opportunity, would certainly be the best player on our team. I liked today that he was on the field in a capacity beyond only being on the field when he is taking the ball - using him in that way obviously tips the defense off to what play we are going to run. I would love to see DS, RS, and TH line up together in the backfield.

- JFly is our only playmaking threat in the passing game. Our receivers don't go up and get balls and make plays. Watching Coffman and Maclin make plays really highlighted the contrast here - our receivers don't need to run 4.3's or be 6'6 and have glue for hands, but they need to be able to make something happen when the ball is thrown their way.

- Tyler should be taking the lion's share - and, realistically, all - of the snaps at QB. Cody will be a great coach one day but he isn't cut out for this level of play.

- O-Line is clearly an issue. We should be better next year obviously, but MTM and Miller will still be pretty green and they are the best players on our line. Who is going to play center next year?

- Who plays D-line next year? DB?

- LB will be a strength of the team next year instead of a relative weakness as it is this year.

- Recruiting will not be in the same realm this year as it was last year.

- Ultimately, CU has a bright future but the team has a lot of stuff it needs to work on to get better. We need some changes in coaching staff and definitely changes in scheme.

I think it's funny that you say the strength of our team is the running game but later say the o-line is a big issue. Our issues on offense involve all phases of the game--we just aren't that good.

Back