What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Some "D" info from Spring practices

Not sure there needs to be much mention of Polk though. Everyone knows he has one starting safety spot locked up. What really needs to be said?

Is Parker Ohrms ever going to be healthy.

I love his energy and his intelligence but he seems to go from one injury to another.

Is Parker Ohrms ever going to be healthy.

I love his energy and his intelligence but he seems to go from one injury to another.

And the suspension too. But remember--as some one pointed out last season--we won games when he was at safety, and lost when he was at corner.

More concerning than anything is the coaches are pretty transparent in their lack of confidence in DTs aside from Pericak.

BTW, the Henderson reports should bring a smile to everyone's faces. I think he is slowly proving that 2011 was not a fluke, he can actually ball.

More concerning than anything is the coaches are pretty transparent in their lack of confidence in DTs aside from Pericak.

BTW, the Henderson reports should bring a smile to everyone's faces. I think he is slowly proving that 2011 was not a fluke, he can actually ball.

Not getting additionally concerned about the DT comments only because it was a known condition and the reason we signed 9 DL (9!). The comments on Henderson are interesting. They are definitely positive, but I am picking up a vibe like the average fan didn't realize the struggles he had last year that he is now improving upon. I thought he was one of the few bright spots in the secondary, but maybe when you are being compared against guys that were playing WR and RB when the year started and were forced on the field due to injury, it is not about how you look against your "peers"...

Not getting additionally concerned about the DT comments only because it was a known condition and the reason we signed 9 DL (9!). The comments on Henderson are interesting. They are definitely positive, but I am picking up a vibe like the average fan didn't realize the struggles he had last year that he is now improving upon. I thought he was one of the few bright spots in the secondary, but maybe when you are being compared against guys that were playing WR and RB when the year started and were forced on the field due to injury, it is not about how you look against your "peers"...

A "known problem" is still a problem. There's no way I'm counting on true freshman on the D-Line.

EDIT: I guess the word "additionally" was an important part of your statement.

:wink2:

We were horrific on the d-line last year and unless we catch a break with the freshman, we may be worse this year. It isn't new information. Chalk this one up to "violent agreement".

A "known problem" is still a problem. There's no way I'm counting on true freshman on the D-Line.

You have no choice.

We've got Pericak.

Bonsu: If healthy and the lightbulb goes on, could be a solid starter. We're a long way from getting there.

Richter: If he starts understanding techniques and can translate his strength, can give us some quality snaps in short yardage and goal line. We're a long way from getting there.

Poston: If he continues to keep his grades up, he'll help our APR and graduation rate.

I agree. But, I didn't expect anything out of Poston/Richter. If Bonsu wasn't injured and they were saying the same thing, I'd be even more worried

Not sure there needs to be much mention of Polk though. Everyone knows he has one starting safety spot locked up. What really needs to be said?

Every year Polk gets criticized for underachieving and not playing at the level he should. I had hoped to see comments about Polk being super fired-up, playing harder, knowing his position better - some of things often said about seniors who may not have lived up to expectations before. I think Polk is a great athlete and should have stayed at RB. He has often been our best available safety, but not, I think even playing at 'honorable mention' level on an all-league level

Back