What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Something funny from the TTech game

FlatironsBuff

I noticed that when Cody ran on a play and was sliding down, that the Ttech guy who hit him was almost praised by the announcers, saying 'when a QB has given himself up and you get a chance to hit him you take it' (or something close to that). They made a big deal about how this is a rough game and you have to be tough, yet late in the game when #40 for the Buffs gives Harrell a little shove as he was going out of bounds (was NOT out of bounds when the shove started), then they make a big deal about lack of discipline by the Buff and how you have to back off when the QB has given himself up. They said 'He was given that flag for an intent to injure', even though the hit on Cody was wayyyyy more of a hit that had an intent to injure, yet was praised.

Just hate the double standards that they seemed to use.

Also don't like Crabtree and his showboating.

Also did not like how they acted like TWheat had made such a huge mistake letting Crabtree make that TD catch, like TWheat had bad coverage, or had let the ball bounce off his facemask. The ball barely grazed his fingertips (great placement of the ball by Harrell) and without the prefectly placed ball TWeat had great position to make a INT.

All in all, great game by the Buffs. What a friggin complete change from last year, and OMG--who knew that the Buffs could look this good one year from last years debaucle!!

Also noticed that of the top 10 teams in the country as of Sat, we had lost to two of them (ASU and KU) and beat one of them (OU). Is FSU ranked? Will have to look. What a change there too. And KSU has been ranked, and mey be again. So our losses are not by 40 points, and they are to teams that are top 10 or at least bouncing in and out--on the edge of the top 25. Nothing to be ashamed of from our beloved Buffs after where they came from last year. They take MU this week (a tall order--I think it will be a tough game to win, but we can!) and ISU, beat NU and WOW!!!!! What a turnaround!!!

Last edited:
I agree on the double standard. I watched the game again last night and found Fouts obnoxious for comments surrounding hits on Cody. I also found the repeated 'nose bleed' shots and the repetition of Misti Hawkin's "ooh" mic reaction to Cody getting hit over the top.

Misti Hawkins IS a good sport for agreeing to the mic. CU fans are richer for her participation. She's wonderful.

That hit on Harrell should not have been flagged. That pissed me off. He was still in the field when the CU defender made contact.

Oh, and the no-call on the Tech DB that hit Cody helmet to helmet on his scramble early in the game.

I am glad you brought that up. I don't know that NCAA football has any sort of penalty for a QB who slides, like the NFL does. In the NFL- that hit on Cody Hawkins would have been a 15 yard penalty, for sure.

I also thought that the Tech QB was still in bounds when Jones put his hands on him. I don't care if he "gave himself up" or not-- he was still in play, and all Jones did was push him out of bounds. It's not like Jones jumped on him and rode him into the ground or anything.

Strange things always seem to happen with the officiating and games at Texas Tech.

What about the lack of holding calls on the Tech lineman. I swear I counted at least 5 blatant holds that were never called.

I am glad you brought that up. I don't know that NCAA football has any sort of penalty for a QB who slides, like the NFL does. In the NFL- that hit on Cody Hawkins would have been a 15 yard penalty, for sure.

I was thinking it should have been a 15 yarder for a late hit. Cody slid feet-first and still got popped in the head by the dude's helmet. That's exactly what knocked Trent Green out for the year last year.

What about the lack of holding calls on the Tech lineman. I swear I counted at least 5 blatant holds that were never called.

I have deleted the game now, but there was one with 3:23 leaft in the game (this is the time after the play is done-- incomplete pass to stop the clock) where TTech has the ball and if you watch the upper o-lineman for Tech, the literaly has the CU defender in a headlock. Even my wife is like 'Did you see that? How did they not call that holding?!'

There was more hugging going on by the Tech linemen than you would find at a love-in. It looks like it is part of their game plan.

I think the only qualification for a Big 12 official is the ability to put on his socks before his shoes.

I have deleted the game now, but there was one with 3:23 leaft in the game (this is the time after the play is done-- incomplete pass to stop the clock) where TTech has the ball and if you watch the upper o-lineman for Tech, the literaly has the CU defender in a headlock. Even my wife is like 'Did you see that? How did they not call that holding?!'

Yeah, I screamed at my TV on that play.

I've seen a lot of threads how the Tech fans want Leach fired. I find that interesting. I didn't think Tech had much success in football before him.

Although I think the lack of a run game has given them a lame duck appearance in the red zone.

This is funny though:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=188#s=188&f=1650&t=1298864

That's hilarious how they bag on losing to a '4-4 team'. Uh, CU is 4-4 because they've lost to 2 top 10 teams, and also FSU and KjSU. And the Buffs beat OU. Tech has beaten nobody and they're 2-3 in Big 12 play.

I don't know why they think they're good. They're not.

They use a gimmicky offense and a mediocre defense. I really did wish that their offense could be all it could be (except against CU), but in reality it's only shooting itself in the foot without a running game. You can't throw a pass over the middle against a decent Big 12 team in the red zone and get a touchdown, I'm sorry.

That's hilarious how they bag on losing to a '4-4 team'. Uh, CU is 4-4 because they've lost to 2 top 10 teams, and also FSU and KjSU. And the Buffs beat OU. Tech has beaten nobody and they're 2-3 in Big 12 play.

Sand Aggies are wonderful. Pretty quiet around DFW this weekend.:smile2:

**** them. The Buffs are simply a better team than them. They've proven this a few times. When Tech does something meaningful in the Big 12, it will be a first.

I think what disturbs me the most is good teams don't lose at home!!! Let alone to a sub-par Big12 north team.

Hilarious quote. Hey moron, the Big 12 North is the better division this year.

One of my wife's good friends and her husband went to Tech and are huge Tech fans. The last 2 years have been good. I don't talk any **** to them - I'm just glad I don't have to listen to them. But I have no doubt that they would not be so kind if Tech had won last year or this year.

That was clearly the worst no-call of many bad no-calls in the game. An absolute headlock.

I agree on the double standard. I watched the game again last night and found Fouts obnoxious for comments surrounding hits on Cody. I also found the repeated 'nose bleed' shots and the repetition of Misti Hawkin's "ooh" mic reaction to Cody getting hit over the top.

Misti Hawkins IS a good sport for agreeing to the mic. CU fans are richer for her participation. She's wonderful.

Fouts was obnoxious the entire game. And he was much less obnoxious than Tim Brandt or whoever the one color guy was - with his Crabtree fixation near the end of the game. No matter what happened, no matter what CU did, all he could do was focus on Crabtree every play. And all 3 announcers had clearly had a long circle jerk with Leach prior to the game. From the constant "lots of time left for Tech to come back in this one", to the double standard on the hits on Hawkins and Harrell to their constantly mentioning how pissed off Leach was at the officials all day - when Tech was blatantly holding on virtually every play. It was hard not to get the feeling that they had completely bonded with Leach and were rooting hard for Tech to pull out the game.

Hilarious quote. Hey moron, the Big 12 North is the better division this year.

I think the overall record between the divisions is even right now, including CU over OU, KjSU over Texas and KU over aTm. The main reason the record is even is that UNL is 0-3 against the south (with 2 blowout losses) and ISU is either 0-2 or 0-3.... :huh:

Back