What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Something that was reinforced for me last night

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
You better be able to win a handful of shootouts every year if you want to be a good college football team. College defenses cannot handle up-tempo offenses.

You better be able to win a handful of shootouts every year if you want to be a good college football team. College defenses cannot handle up-tempo offenses.

So recruiting depth and speed at skill positions is important...?

Yes that's the truth and I haven't had the confidence that CU could be in a shootout and win that game in a long time. That is one thing to watch for CU this season.

Texas Tech-SMU could be a huge shootout tonight. USC should thank its lucky stars that June Jones isn't still in Hawaii.

You need speed at the skill positions and a ****load of DBs.

You also need a team that takes it's conditioning very seriously. That's where team leaders come in. You need guys leading conditioning in the summer and outside of practice.

A) USC QBs (both of them) look very confused, especially when getting drilled on a frequent basis....LOVED the safety
2) Lee - first game jitters or a little overhyped (fumbled punts, couldn't break tackles, dropped more than a few routine passes)
d) Kiffin is becoming even more of a whiny bi+ch

A) USC QBs (both of them) look very confused, especially when getting drilled on a frequent basis....LOVED the safety
2) Lee - first game jitters or a little overhyped (fumbled punts, couldn't break tackles, dropped more than a few routine passes)

Fortunately for USC, they have some time to work out some kinks. They have home against Wash St, home against BC, and home against Utah St before going to Arizona St.

Fortunately for USC, they have some time to work out some kinks. They have home against Wash St, home against BC, and home against Utah St before going to Arizona St.
And all of those teams are better than Hawaii.

So it won't matter if our Defense is awful as long as our Offense is just a tad better? Woooooo

Offense does rule most of the college football landscape. Although, it's pretty clear why the SEC is the top conference in football (it's not the offense). If you want to get to an elite level, you need an elite defense.

I think the SEC has proven they can handle the up-tempo, spread offense, as they have superior athletes.
But what they have yet had to prove is if they can handle that type of offense when the offense has SEC caliber athletes.

aTm made noise last year. Watching USC under Monte Kiffen just get abused by Oregon still makes me wonder if the SEC won't adapt soon enough.

What was reinforced to me. 1 or 2 stud skill players can equal 11 decent players on the other side of the ball at the college and high school level. If one of those studs have a bad game, your in trouble. Also, almost everyone is going to a zone read style in some shape or manner, usc has a very boring offense and are going to lose some games.

were ****ed sunday. I read that Sparkles got his team to run 217 plays in 3 minutes in one of their practices. We should forfeit.

Un-possible!

Offense does rule most of the college football landscape. Although, it's pretty clear why the SEC is the top conference in football (it's not the offense). If you want to get to an elite level, you need an elite program of feeding your guys PEDs.

fify.....SEC be doin' it!

Back