What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sooners in trouble in Lubbock

Pale Ale

We thought we had troubles. Things cannot be good in Gooner land right now. OU has the resources to make a change right away if they need to. Anyone think that could be an option should they lose out? I wouldn't think so, but I don't follow their program too closely either.

I don't think they would consider it. Stoops has won a lot of games and can point at the outrageous number of key injuries they have had. They lost Bradford first game, AA TE, multiple OL players, etc. These are not just starters but difference makers.

OU fans won't be happy because they are used to higher standards but with all the injuries Stoops gets a muligan this year, , , Now if they don't win big next year, then??

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have BS's bs on our sidelines. I just know the expectations are much higher in Norman. Didn't realize they had a rash of injuries this year.

Plenty of injuries, and while the line looks experienced by class ranking they are largely replacing a group of starters who ended their eligibility last season. If Stoops isn't coaching there next year it is by a move of his own choosing. They're not going to get a rash of decommits because of how they finish on the field this year. They had a few rough seasons in between their last two BCS championship appearances and got out of it okay.

I don't think they would consider it. Stoops has won a lot of games and can point at the outrageous number of key injuries they have had. They lost Bradford first game, AA TE, multiple OL players, etc. These are not just starters but difference makers.

OU fans won't be happy because they are used to higher standards but with all the injuries Stoops gets a muligan this year, , , Now if they don't win big next year, then??
So, for OU it is a reason? For CU it is an excuse?

Give it a ****in rest DBT. Jesus, if Stoops was in his 4th losing season, his ass would be gone already. Just shut the **** up. It has gotten beyond ****ing old.

Yes.

When you go from contending for a national championship for the better part of a decade then you get to use that as a valid reason for a down year.

When you never prove anything consistently on the field, healthy or not, you cannot use that as an excuse.

Big difference, OU has already won a lot of games with Stoops, they have been to BCS bowls, they have been in a bowl virtually every year, they have results to look at.

CU has one bottom rung bowl in four years and is going backwards. CU has lost to Montana State, Toledo, CSU (multiple times), ISU twice, etc. etc. Hawk can't go back and compare this year to his good years because he hasn't had any.

CU can't argue about losing a Heisman trophy winning QB because Hawk hasn't recruited and developed one, cant' talk about losing an All-American TE because Hawk hasn't recruited and developed one. I could go on.

As a person I like Hawk, I would like to have him as a neighbor. I respect the good he has done in Boulder, and he has done a lot.

He has improved the level of talent in our recruiting compared to the last years of Barnett. He has completely changed the image of the program from the so-called scandal and kept the team and players out of the media related to negative actions. His players go to class and show class on and off the field.

That all said he has lost 2/3 of his games including some very embarassing loses to teams that clearly had less talent but were much better prepared and coached. This season he has won a grand total of three games with a team that is almost entirely his players. The worst thing is that they continue to make the kinds of mistakes that are inexcusable in a coaches fourth year.

I wish Hawk all the best. I would not be surprised to see him restart his coaching career elsewhere at a lower level and earn another shot at the BCS level. If he is willing to honestly look at his mistakes he could even win at the BCS level. The problem is that he is not getting it done here and now and shows no signs of making the changes necessary to do so.
This is not fair to the program and his players who are willing to work their butts off to win and are denied the opportunity because of his failings.

Listen, I'm not arguing to keep Hawk. I'm just saying that those who cited all of the injuries and youth that CU had/has get ripped for making excuses but, with OU, it is a reason. I still admit that it is probably the best right now for Hawk to go. He has not shown that he can coach, after 4 years.

Listen, I'm not arguing to keep Hawk. I'm just saying that those who cited all of the injuries and youth that CU had/has get ripped for making excuses but, with OU, it is a reason. I still admit that it is probably the best right now for Hawk to go. He has not shown that he can coach, after 4 years.

I would argue that the issue is more that he has shown an unwillingness to adapt. Going back and reading BDC articles over the past four years I saw him using the same old schtick over and over. At some point he has to realize that status quo is not working and be willing to make the changes necessary to put up the W's. Not playing your best players is just assinine. For 4 straight years is simply ludicris.

If anything, the only change, would be Stoops going to ND. Even then OU might step up and match the salary.

If anything, the only change, would be Stoops going to ND. Even then OU might step up and match the salary.

What if NBC ditched Notre Dame and gave Oklahoma an exclusive television contract instead?

What if NBC ditched Notre Dame and gave Oklahoma an exclusive television contract instead?

If NBC were to ditch the ND contract that would be one of the best things that could happen to college football because that's probably the biggest roadblock to ND joining a conference.

The conference membership rules will not allow it. The conference signs the contract for TV on behalf of the memeber that generates revenue sharing. The conference could probably expel OU and forbid remaining teams (Texas & Co) from playing them if they did that.

If NBC were to ditch the ND contract that would be one of the best things that could happen to college football because that's probably the biggest roadblock to ND joining a conference.

The viewership would fall off for that. The Big 10 wants ND but ND doesn't want them for two reasons; 1. Tv. 2. The most intrusive revenue sharing rules in all of college football.

If you really want to assign some blame give it to the Big East for letting ND join with all soprts except football. ND basketball was godawful at the time and the Big 10 drew a line in the sand which the Big East violated. ND was having a really hard time filling the schedule in non football sports.

Last edited:
The viewership would fall off for that. The Big 10 wants ND but ND doesn't want them for two reasons; 1. Tv. 2. The most intrusive revenue sharing rules in all of college football.

If you really want to assign some blame give it to the Big East for letting ND join with all soprts except football. ND basketball was godawful at the time and the Big 10 drew a line in the sand which the Big East violated. ND was having a really hard time filling the schedule in non football sports.

Interesting, I never thought of it that way. But if it wasn't the Big East then it would be some other league like C-USA that would accept them in everything but football. I even recall about 6-8 yrears ago the ACC considering taking them in for football and allowing them to only play a partial schedule, which would've been a total whore job by the ACC. Kudo's to the Big 10 for saying you're in all or nothing.

But back to my point, which was that if ND didn't have the NBC contract then they would give more consideration to joining the Big 10.

OU has won how many Big 12 championships under Stoops?

How many winning records has Talkins has had at CU?

Quit trying to stir the pot.. Talkins is getting bought out, deal with it..

Yes but the injuries don't excuse giving up nearly 600 yards in one game. Their defense was supposed to be this juggernaut and they are giving up tons of passing yards and points to TT and rushing yards and points to KSU AT HOME??? Inexcusable. There is too much talent for that to happen. Either it's coaching or the players have quit. Either way, Stoops gets a big chunk of the blame.

15850_1276171189688_1392215536_30798974_3174237_n.jpg

Give it a ****in rest DBT. Jesus, if Stoops was in his 4th losing season, his ass would be gone already. Just shut the **** up. It has gotten beyond ****ing old.

Sorry to be an ahole DBT :huh:. I am just tired of the excuses and one liners that imply that Hawk has not been given a fair chance. If they are young after 4 years, that is on him. He was left with a team roster that was not great. But to say it is impossible to win or he needs more time because it is CU is just flat crap. The problem is that the time for excuses is over. 4 years and we have 3 wins on the board. You put other coaches in his spot and we are bowling this year. There is enough talent on this squad to go bowling and they should have challenged for the title in the god forsaken North.

From all I have read Hawk is a good man. I really believe that he is. It is just too much for him. He has failed the test and it is time to move on.

DBT: You are wrong on this one. With Stoops, its one season of mediocrity which can be attributed largely to injury and a very green o-line. Hawk, and I like the guy actually, has had 4 years now and the program has actually regressed. I feel bad for him and also feel very bad for Cody. I think they both are quality human beings. That being said, Hawk hasn't gotten the job done. I'm with Brad, time to move on.

Over the same 4 year period Stoops is 40-13 with 3 conference championships. Ya, not really the same thing.

Back