What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So'oto pokes his finger at CU

mke1010

So'oto witnessed first hand the hot mess and incompetence in Boulder & decided to bolt just weeks in to the job.
He had such little regard for Rick George and Karl Dorrell he refused to let them spin the narrative he was leaving as a result of family oriented issues.
In fact, he went out of his way to make sure everyone understood that was a LIE.
I don’t know how anyone can feel any pride about what is going on in Boulder.
Everyone at the top who has been paying lip service to championship aspirations but really don’t care needs to be let go.
We need to bring in folks with real passion and an unending thirst for success at the highest level.
Once this pipe dream is completed then a real coaching staff needs to be hired if CU has any intention of ever being relevant nationally. For God’s sake if Baylor and Cincinnati can do it why not us?!

Once this pipe dream is completed then a real coaching staff needs to be hired if CU has any intention of ever being relevant nationally. For God’s sake if Baylor and Cincinnati can do it why not us?!
They want it more. A whole lot more. Other programs pay lip service to education, NCAA compliance and community service. At CU, they pay lip service to winning. You are what you emphasize.

It’s a sad day when a Cal assistant job is seem as a step up from a Colorado assistant job.
I put my head down for long enough to allow the seed of my CU fandom to begin to regrow, then another weedwhacker comes by.
How many more blights can this program suffer through? A brand-new, well-regarded assistant coach chooses to go to CAL for a lesser position, within two months of joining our "program," such as it is.

I don't know how many times I can bounce off "rock bottom" before I just go splat instead.

Last edited:
They want it more. A whole lot more. Other programs pay lip service to education, NCAA compliance and community service. At CU, they pay lip service to winning. You are what you emphasize.
Exactly. The administration doesn't care about winning and it shows. CU will likely never again be a football power.

95% of CFB programs will never again be a football “power”. Even with strong, pro athletic leadership, CU would never be a “power” again.
True. I would settle for competitive in the P12 and regular bowl games.

I have become much more of a BBall fan. They aren't top 25, probably not even a Tourney team, but they are competitive. That makes it so much more enjoyable.

95% of CFB programs will never again be a football “power”. Even with strong, pro athletic leadership, CU would never be a “power” again.
OK, how about CU will never be a consistent bowl team again? The damage the administration has done to the CUAD is awful.

I try to watch games on the DVR these days so I can watch the first half and turn it off, only losing an hour or so of my Saturday. CU football used to be appointment television for me. I used to have season tickets and a tailgate spot.

OK, how about CU will never be a consistent bowl team again? The damage the administration has done to the CUAD is awful.

I try to watch games on the DVR these days so I can watch the first half and turn it off, only losing an hour or so of my Saturday. CU football used to be appointment television for me. I used to have season tickets and a tailgate spot.
I think pro athletic leadership can get CU back to that point, though, which is why I made that distinction. It doesn’t take much to be a consistent 6 win team (I think CU football has the support currently to do that). We’ll see if 7+ wins/year is something the next president and chancellor want for the program.

Nice to see that one of the only people to be excited about left. What a disgrace Dorrell and our AD is, could be more under the surface but given the last two years just highlights how bad we are

Nice to see that one of the only people to be excited about left. What a disgrace Dorrell and our AD is, could be more under the surface but given the last two years just highlights how bad we are
What hurts the most is that So’oto went out of his way to correct the disinformation campaign coming from the CU AD about the reasons for his departure. He wanted to make his displeasure crystal clear.

What hurts the most is that So’oto went out of his way to correct the disinformation campaign coming from the CU AD about the reasons for his departure. He wanted to make his displeasure crystal clear.
You don't have to look at him twice, to know he's a tough guy. Very stupid of KD to think he could use him that way, without a reaction. Especially, as things couldn't have been real comfortable between them

No, what's hurts the most was being soooooo close, and watching him walk away. Never knowing what could've been, and not seeing that keeping good coaches is what we was trying to do.

Adam said the trusted source spoke to So’oto? Or, the trusted source got corroborration from Dorrell?
It's no big deal, don't worry about who said what and when. ****, I don't know, maybe So'oto told him one thing, and Dorrell misunderstood because it didn't register completely due to saturation in the losing culture here at CU. Just another day of CU football. It'd one of those things where you just throw your hands up, say **** it, and move the heck on. 😁

100% disagree. Tucker left because the school wasn't willing to follow through on the promises they made to get him.
Partially, but I’m sure doubling his salary and AC pool had something to do with it. We are also talking about winning 6 games. Institutional support is not standing in the way of that.

I think he was worried about how this would be perceived by future job opportunities. He was careful to say he was willing to go anywhere to further his career. His remarks correct Dorrell, but the motivation was to say he’s open to opportunities outside of California.
If he’s paid better as Yak says, I expect that was the actual reason.

Reactions: DBT
So you’re making the claim that the repeated string of awful hires has nothing to do with institutional limitations. Interesting.
Hawkins was not due to institutional limitations. Embree wasn’t either. Was MacIntyre? Tucker certainly wasn’t. The only one who likely was, is KD and that seems more like an AD who gave up.

Back