What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So'oto pokes his finger at CU

Cal under Wilcox has gone 26-28 with 2 winning seasons in 5 years. They’ve finished 5th in the P12 North three times, 4th once and 2nd once. Their attendance, fan and administration support is among the worst in the country and certainly bottom 2-3 in the Pac 12. Cal under Wilcox is has been about the same as CU under Dorrell/Tucker and MacIntyre.

It’s interesting to see people view Cal as a better place to be than CU
Vic S. surely viewed it that way, and for at best a lateral position.

Wilcox has gone 26-28, but his defense is very very good.
That would be the most important thing to a rising assistant on the D side.

And to insinuate that he was forced out at CU is crazy Gary imagining things like how Trump was strong dictators. Pure fantasy.

I’d add to that theory that perhaps VS wanted to take liberties in recruiting that KD did not. Hence the irreconcilable differences.

Obviously just speculation but I’m trying to imagine how else the relationship could sour so quickly.
I think that interpersonal relationships often get overlooked. Maybe his personality clashed with other coaches or he wasn’t buying into whatever the “new plan” is. All just speculation.

Fwiw, Adam said his trusted source told him So’oto did tell Dorrell it was family driven.
I got nothing but derision for saying that. I just don’t think he wants to be regarded as a coach who won’t move. I guarantee he took the Cal job primarily because it’s close to his family. Or at least that’s what he told KD the reason was.

Last edited:
Dorrell wasn’t throwing anyone’s family under the bus. He was attempting to make himself look better in the situation by labeling the departure as a family matter instead of being about Dorrell’s ineptitude.
If Dorrell goes 7-5 this year (and yeah that's a big freaking if), I'm going to just laugh. At you. Because you seem to be looking for ways to point out his ineptitude at his every step to soften your helpless misery over the state of CU football and the CU administration. And although I get it mostly, I don't somewhat in this particular situation with So'oto's departure.

I think that interpersonal relationships often get overlooked. Maybe his personality clashed with other coaches or he wasn’t buying into whatever the “new plan” is. All just speculation.
Maybe he didn't have enough self-contempt to coach at CU?
I jest.

I loved Rick George at first, my support lately has been waning but now I'm done. It's time for him to go!

If Dorrell goes 7-5 this year (and yeah that's a big freaking if), I'm going to just laugh. At you. Because you seem to be looking for ways to point out his ineptitude at his every step to soften your helpless misery over the state of CU football and the CU administration. And although I get it mostly, I don't somewhat in this particular situation with So'oto's departure.
If CU goes 7-5, we should schedule a parade.

Moving fast and the fact that he took an OLB job at Cal (he didn’t go to some blue chip program or take a DC job), and the bungled messaging about why he left - it seems more plausible that CU would make up that story in an attempt to disguise a firing versus lying to save face with a coach who wasn’t going along with the story.

I just don’t think the “he was pushed out” theory is all that far fetched given what we know. It’s only because we’re talking about a dysfunctional CU AD that option 1 is even plausible.
Or So’oto is a dirty, low down, good for nuthin’, lyin’, skallywag!

No matter Colorado’s record this year, I am going to laugh at you. Hopefully you’ll find twenty bucks to pay for this site.

I just wanted to drop by and say bow down to our greatness. We’re going to take all your coaches. Or . . . uh . . . the good ones. Or . . . the good one. Then we’re taking your women. Then we’re taking Ralphie. Kneel before Zod!

Ok. now that that’s out of the way, I’m going to agree this is a weird situation but we’re obviously happy to have So’oto join us. Seems like a good recruiter and God knows we need the help.

Reading these posts I think some of you may not follow Cal too closely (and who can really blame you). Specifically I think you missed exactly what went down with Wilcox and Cal and Oregon a few months ago ago where he rejected the Ducks (his Alma mater and a place where he and his family are football royalty) not once but twice to stay in Berkeley. Suffice it to say Wilcox is pretty locked in with the Bears and Cal has promised to make a bunch of changes to try to make ourselves if not great at least less terrible. Fingers crossed.

Dykes definitely had a wandering eye and he and Berkeley were a match made in hell, but Wilcox has found what he wants at Cal. A place where he can run a squeaky clean program with noone pressuring him to stretch for this powder keg player or that one. And he really is a very good defensive mind and his assistant coaches seem to really like working for him.

Log story short, Cal actually is a very stable place for a coach and the pressure is . . . “low.“. And Wilcox is highly respected. So this isn’t as crazy or as much of a reflection on CU as some of you may feel.

See you boys in Boulder In the fall. Have your women packed up and ready to go.

Personally, I think the decision for VS was pretty easy, other than the general uncomfortableness of having to resign after two months.

Cal has its issues too, but is located in better recruiting grounds and learning under a strong defensive mind like Wilcox would be good for the development of an assistant on defense.

I just wanted to drop by and say bow down to our greatness. We’re going to take all your coaches. Or . . . uh . . . the good ones. Or . . . the good one. Then we’re taking your women. Then we’re taking Ralphie. Kneel before Zod!

Ok. now that that’s out of the way, I’m going to agree this is a weird situation but we’re obviously happy to have So’oto join us. Seems like a good recruiter and God knows we need the help.

Reading these posts I think some of you may not follow Cal too closely (and who can really blame you). Specifically I think you missed exactly what went down with Wilcox and Cal and Oregon a few months ago ago where he rejected the Ducks (his Alma mater and a place where he and his family are football royalty) not once but twice to stay in Berkeley. Suffice it to say Wilcox is pretty locked in with the Bears and Cal has promised to make a bunch of changes to try to make ourselves if not great at least less terrible. Fingers crossed.

Dykes definitely had a wandering eye and he and Berkeley were a match made in hell, but Wilcox has found what he wants at Cal. A place where he can run a squeaky clean program with noone pressuring him to stretch for this powder keg player or that one. And he really is a very good defensive mind and his assistant coaches seem to really like working for him.

Log story short, Cal actually is a very stable place for a coach and the pressure is . . . “low.“. And Wilcox is highly respected. So this isn’t as crazy or as much of a reflection on CU as some of you may feel.

See you boys in Boulder In the fall. Have your women packed up and ready to go.
Now random bear scat fetishists are here talking smack...can we sink any lower?

Back