What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SoThe Buffs Are Big Favorites Against Hawaii & csu

I'd put CU as 7 point favorites over CSU simply based on semi-recent history. When was the last time in the series CSU won two in a row?

Putting aside the past (and if we are being honest) we can conclude neither program is stellar, both would consider consistently mediocre results a step in the right direction, and the teams will most likely head into the game as approximate equals. What's funny is this probably frustrates both fan bases a little bit - CU shouldn't be on par with a little brother G5 team/ we are P5 and get better players/ CSU sucks and 2-10/ CSU just got done winning 10 games/ CU sucks. Either way I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome in this game.

I would agree with a previous poster who stated QB is the single concern for CSU. Recall that Sambrailo was injured early in the CU game yet the line and run game eventually jelled. Besides Grayson I feel all the other loses can be absorbed. If CSU can get competent play from the QB position they should be a mediocre team and be able to make this a game. If the QB plays like Pete Thomas it's going to be all CU and this season will be a huge struggle for CSU (still could win 6 games based on MWC).

No mention of coaching?

That's a pretty big factor. Could be wrong, I have been before.

No mention of coaching?

That's a pretty big factor. Could be wrong, I have been before.
It is a factor. You aren't wrong, I just don't know enough (yet) to have an intelligent opinion about it. My stance (today) is heavily predicated on the belief that neither team is very good so either could win regardless of coaching skills or lack thereof.

It is a factor. You aren't wrong, I just don't know enough (yet) to have an intelligent opinion about it. My stance (today) is heavily predicated on the belief that neither team is very good so either could win regardless of coaching skills or lack thereof.
I was more being a smartass with that post, you seem like a good CSU fan/poster (crazy coming from me I know...actually my neighbor is a big CSU fan and is a great guy...beside the point). Phil Steele is pretty high on the Buffs, has them ranked #45 in the nation. Now, that was before Tupuo got kicked off the team, so it might drop a bit, but based on that CU should be a significantly better team this year and quite a bit better than CSU. I don't know why you'd discount coaching though, regardless of how good or bad you think each team is, coaching is the biggest wildcard/factor in my book.

I could make a case for win or a lost in either game. Hawaii is always a tough place to play plus Chow finally has a QB he wants for his offense, plus CU has been bad on the road. Hawaii has been awful under Chow and has lost some of their home field advantage recently. CU should be favored in both games but neither can be assumed to be a slam dunk.

I'd put CU as 7 point favorites over CSU simply based on semi-recent history. When was the last time in the series CSU won two in a row?

Putting aside the past (and if we are being honest) we can conclude neither program is stellar, both would consider consistently mediocre results a step in the right direction, and the teams will most likely head into the game as approximate equals. What's funny is this probably frustrates both fan bases a little bit - CU shouldn't be on par with a little brother G5 team/ we are P5 and get better players/ CSU sucks and 2-10/ CSU just got done winning 10 games/ CU sucks. Either way I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome in this game.

I would agree with a previous poster who stated QB is the single concern for CSU. Recall that Sambrailo was injured early in the CU game yet the line and run game eventually jelled. Besides Grayson I feel all the other loses can be absorbed. If CSU can get competent play from the QB position they should be a mediocre team and be able to make this a game. If the QB plays like Pete Thomas it's going to be all CU and this season will be a huge struggle for CSU (still could win 6 games based on MWC).

Grayson didn't have a good game against CU

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTQBR
Garrett Grayson13/231345.81070.8

He also was sacked once with a fumble.

The only time he played worse was in the bowl game against Utah.

The 2014 game was about control of the line of scrimmage, and continued execution of the game plan. CSU didn't pull into the lead until the 4th quarter where they scored 17 to CU's 0. CSU only needs mediocre QB play to win if they can run the ball well.

Quit being reasonable, ya a**hole!

Last edited:
Grayson didn't have a good game against CU

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTQBR
Garrett Grayson13/231345.81070.8

He also was sacked once with a fumble.

The only time he played worse was in the bowl game against Utah.

The 2014 game was about control of the line of scrimmage, and continued execution of the game plan. CSU didn't pull into the lead until the 4th quarter where they scored 17 to CU's 0. CSU only needs mediocre QB play to win if they can run the ball well.

This is pretty much the case in 95% of all football games.

Wow...so 2 of his worst games just happened to be against P5 teams. Shocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate it when a QB throw a game-winning TD late in the 4th quarter on the road.

Came through in the clutch, but overall not a good game.

My feelings have been made clear on Grayson and they're not gonna change. I'm not sold on him. I also don't think outside of Winston and Mariota, any QB from that class is gonna do **** in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any game a QB leads his team to a come from behind victory on the road is an overall good game.

I ****ing knew Duff was a closet Tebow fan, when he was qb for the broncos

I was a Tebow fan...he made the Broncos fun to watch. Went 8-5 under Tebow with 6 of those wins come from behind or overtime. The guy just defied logic. Champ Bailey was a big Tebow fan believing that Tebow's intensity to win rubbed off on his teammates. That overtime pass in the playoff game against the Steelers is one of those great Bronco moments.

Now back to CU football. We should beat the Rams but I think people are going to be surprised with the play of Nick Stevens. Stevens has talent and Bobo knows how to develop QBs. This is a case I would almost like to play them earlier.

I'm not a closet Tebow fan. I am saying it now. I am a Tebow fan. There, nothing wrong with that.

2bde3091e74b8c6cac389b4d5cbdd1e583d83e422b8c7d1eaa5099af406423a4.jpg

More graph fun!

S9uXnMN.png

The Y axis is the win% versus the spread. The X axis is obviously the final spread.

The graph above uses data from 1999 to 2010 (so not completely up-to-date, but not bad either given the sample size). There were 9,626 game results used in the graph above.

As it relates to the spread versus Hawaii and CSU:

• An away team that is favored by 11 points has won 82.97% of the time on the road
  • A team at any given site that is favored by 9 points has won the game 72.32% of the time

http://football.stassen.com/pointspread/

More graph fun!

S9uXnMN.png

The Y axis is the win% versus the spread. The X axis is obviously the final spread.

The graph above uses data from 1999 to 2010 (so not completely up-to-date, but not bad either given the sample size). There were 9,626 game results used in the graph above.

As it relates to the spread versus Hawaii and CSU:

• An away team that is favored by 11 points has won 82.97% of the time on the road
  • A team at any given site that is favored by 9 points has won the game 72.32% of the time

http://football.stassen.com/pointspread/

my_jinx_cosplay_by_illyria_cosplay-d7buwgp.jpg

Back