What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sounds Like Sefo Is Hurt ....but How Bad ?

We need to give uncle Rico a chance. Back in high school he could throw the ball a quarter mile.
Now you are talking.....

enbglrqsfznjy98qtcvgio7d0.500x300x77.gif

Yeah, he could be a gamer and not a practice player. I'm all for giving him an opportunity, just tempering expectations. Everyone on the board seems to be cognizant of the backup QB syndrome.

Oh, and Gehrke is definitely not the guy.
What does Montez look like in practice?

Montez reportedly looked good from the little bit that people saw. Practices are closed and his development is unknown. There's been more time for outsiders to look at Aspay. Again, just tempering expectations.

I felt like they kept Sefo in against Nicholls because he wasn't real sharp and they were trying to get him used to dealing with the injury.

Montez is not going in unless we have 3 quarterbacks hurt. If they put him in after Sefo, then we can assume the coaches are coaching for their jobs.

The buffs had some great hits last night too.

Oregon, while no means what they used to be, is a solid team that had a bad week last week.

We played with them for three quarters. Needed four, but got three.

Let's hope we get angry now and get some injured players back for next week.

Still 3-2.

Good Lord. I knew it was a mistake to come here. Here's an interesting comment Nik touched on. My friends who don't watch cu were watching on TV. They thought sefo looked pretty decent when he got protection. You guys also don't realize how hurt he is like at all. Everyone is more critical of their own team.
My critique of Sefo is irrelevant to protection...he fails to see open receivers...he has very poor field vision and all too often misses throws. He would be better with protection, any Q would. My concern is that we are not a good PAC 12 team and can't afford to leave points on the field like Sefo seems to. If we were a better team, there wouldn't be as much pressure on him. Ultimately its not his fault...this team forces him to perform at a level he's not capable of...IMO. I guess that's my source of frustration with him...really with the team. Rebuilding is a messy process.

My critique of Sefo is irrelevant to protection...he fails to see open receivers...he has very poor field vision and all too often misses throws. He would be better with protection, any Q would. My concern is that we are not a good PAC 12 team and can't afford to leave points on the field like Sefo seems to. If we were a better team, there wouldn't be as much pressure on him. Ultimately its not his fault...this team forces him to perform at a level he's not capable of...IMO. I guess that's my source of frustration with him...really with the team. Rebuilding is a messy process.
Can't argue against any of that.

Sefo is the best option the Buffs have. Even with his injury, he's the best option. The kid has been out there for three years getting little help from his line. He has been a warrior. Attack the coaching staff for no depth on the line or at QB. Don't attack him.

He athletic and slings it. He has the arm to throw the out but is quick to tuck and run. Looks really quick on his feet compared to Sefo. Haven't seen him throw deep but was accurate on the throws I have seen. All bets off under real pass rush/secondary.

I can see what you are talking about on some plays, on those it looks like he is afraid to let it rip because he is afraid of the INT.

Bottom line as you mention he doesn't play like a guy who is having fun. He doesn't play like a guy who is relaxed and confident.

He looks like a guy who expects something bad to happen.
Since he is hurt he would be more cautious to let it rip. Especially since he made those mistakes last year. Im sure he is afraid of INTs he knows this team isn't good enough to overcome mistakes, against P12 teams.

He isn't having fun, he is beat up and his line is really poor. It would be difficult for any QB to enjoy the game with what he has to deal with. Plus losing is never fun!

Expecting something bad to happen, is a result of bad things happening to him. He doesn't get the time to throw, the line cant hold the pocket.
After the game I have a new respect for him. He doesn't have the talent in front of him for us to really know how good he can be. He made some excellent passes at some crucial times (when he wasn't getting his ass kicked). He did miss some open throws as well (I chalk up to his injured shoulder).

Just an FYI, the guys who go to practice frequently and watch the players are not very high on Apsay. They may be wrong or it may be group think, but there seems to be a consensus there that he is not a player at this level.

Just for balance:
I know some guys who go to practice and they think he could be a solid QB at this level.

Apsay needs reps to prepare him to be #2. His success against NSU combined with Gehrke's track record of poor play necessitates that.

Apsay looked good from the limited game play he got. He looked over the whole field quickly, made his throws quick, and they were accurate. If Sefo is hurt, give the kid a game off, heal, then come back stronger.

Apsay looked good from the limited game play he got. He looked over the whole field quickly, made his throws quick, and they were accurate. If Sefo is hurt, give the kid a game off, heal, then come back stronger.

The game for the day off was Nicholls. Apsay showed promise in his throws but keep in mind he was going up against the 3rd string of the worst team in FCS.

I don't really know if Apsay could do much of anything with the pressure defenses are getting, especially if Kronsage is out again next week.

looked pretty down in the post practice interview. That could just have been the painkillers talking though.

Speaking of painkillers, I saw during the broncos game that Fox 31 did some piece on the use of them in college athletics. Did anyone happen to see the actual broadcast? Any negative impacts on the local teams?

Back