What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Special Teams again

Maybe it's just my perception of college kickers, but I have very little faith in expecting most of them hit a 50 yarder. College kickers just seem to not have the leg or the accuracy to hit from that range. Goodman actually has a pretty good leg considering that kick was probably good from 10 yards farther out, his issue is just mental. The leg is there, the head is not.

his accuracy is just a little bit off, which means his kicking mechanics are probably not consistent.

Maybe it's just my perception of college kickers, but I have very little faith in expecting most of them hit a 50 yarder. College kickers just seem to not have the leg or the accuracy to hit from that range. Goodman actually has a pretty good leg considering that kick was probably good from 10 yards farther out, his issue is just mental. The leg is there, the head is not.
Here is what I found
120 D1 Schools - 40-49 yds = 64%
CU - 40-49 yds = 28%
120 D1 Schools - 50+ = 54%
CU - 50+ = 50%
I dont think it includes last nights game!

These guys need to find a way to get Lockridge way more involved in the offense. He has explosive speed, something we are sorely lacking! Get him the ball and let him try to make plays... put him in the slot or something if he has some kind of unknown problem at RB (not that we run the ball anyway).

Back