What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Special Teams Changes to Personnel coming

JUCOs huh? I don't disagree that this is the best and really only option, but JUCOs never make it into CU. I mean it has happened for a few guys, but depending on JUCOs to save us next year has proven not to work here at CU. If it is the only real option though, you gotta do what you gotta do.

The tough thing for us is finding JUCOs who have the required number of credits that can transfer into CU from the junior college. You'd think that if Cal can find them that we can, though. It's not like Cal is accepting D grades from a transfer. They do have a Phys Ed program, though. Makes it easier for them.

The tough thing for us is finding JUCOs who have the required number of credits that can transfer into CU from the junior college. You'd think that if Cal can find them that we can, though. It's not like Cal is accepting D grades from a transfer. They do have a Phys Ed program, though. Makes it easier for them.

Yeah, that is my point... I have been following recruiting (mildly compared to some of you) and one thing I know is there have been tons of hype from "great" players coming to CU from the JUCO ranks. In the end though it is rare they get in. We do have to be attractive though because of the immediate PT they can get. I don't think not winning in the previous year is that big of a deal because now it is on them (the JUCO) to win.

More I think about this, the more I think the recent CU tradition of going out the day and night before away games finally got busted by someone. Even if it is just a motivational ploy, I can't believe we are doing this. This is gonna leave us a lot thinner and could bite us in the ass. In my mind, this is the move of a supremely pissed off man who has decided to do things the NFL way.

Not how I read this, at all. Think about it: Why would Embree bring up travel squad on the week of a HOME game. He's sending a message to Josh Ford, et al, "This Saturday is your last chance to impress me with your special teams play. I am as serious as a heart attack that you will not see one more second of PT if you do not do your job on Saturday." I also don't think he'll end up travelling that few kids.

Not how I read this, at all. Think about it: Why would Embree bring up travel squad on the week of a HOME game. He's sending a message to Josh Ford, et al, "This Saturday is your last chance to impress me with your special teams play. I am as serious as a heart attack that you will not see one more second of PT if you do not do your job on Saturday." I also don't think he'll end up travelling that few kids.
he's already traveling with just 64. He's cutting that travel squad no matter what.

I think CU looks pretty good to JUCOs right now. I think more than anything, JUCOs want to start. I think a JUCOs biggest fear would be to go from being a hot shot starter on the JUCO scene to riding bench behind some highly recrtuited, 4 start redshirt freshman.

I wonder how much our lack of success with JUCOs actually getting any PT lately hurts us. Seems to me that all of the ones we've brought in the last 4 or 5 years haven't actually contributed.

I wonder how much our lack of success with JUCOs actually getting any PT lately hurts us. Seems to me that all of the ones we've brought in the last 4 or 5 years haven't actually contributed.

Just remember who was coaching during that timespan...

they might match that total this season alone. They have Michigan state this week, then wisco coming and Penn state, those could all be losses.

This was definitely our year to steal one from the Bucks in Columbus if there ever was one. Too bad we're at Stage One rebuilding just as they are (though we'll be in a negative stage next year with all the graduation). I think they're building on the new QB just as they did with Pryor in '08 and the showed too much talent especially with the OL's masterful blocking that leads me to think their scandal in its present state won't cripple them as badly (at the moment) as I thought. They probably lose the first two you mention but Penn State has been heavily overrated post-'06 Orange Bowl. They beat Paterno this year.

Back