What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Special teams concerns

How come Shay can't return punts? I think he'd be good at it.

I think Oliver may get a shot back there. The kid is too fast to not give him a good look back at KR/PR

You typically don't want your main weapons back there, unless absolutely necessary. Like with Spruce last year, he fair caught probably 95% of punts. HCMM needed someone he could trust to just catch the ball because we couldn't afford a muffed punt.

I think Oliver may get a shot back there. The kid is too fast to not give him a good look back at KR/PR

You typically don't want your main weapons back there, unless absolutely necessary. Like with Spruce last year, he fair caught probably 95% of punts. HCMM needed someone he could trust to just catch the ball because we couldn't afford a muffed punt.
Yeah I get ya but we need to make a move in that area. I'm cool with Oliver though.

Yeah I get ya but we need to make a move in that area. I'm cool with Oliver though.

Honestly if Shay has good enough hands and vision to be a weapon back there we can use it, but if all things are equal I would rather not put a primary offensive weapon back there.

I think we have a couple of guys that could do it but, it's not for everybody. It's not an easy job.

I think we have a couple of guys that could do it but, it's not for everybody. It's not an easy job.

Definitely, I have tried catching punts, and that ball is hard to read sometimes and it comes much faster than you would expect.

Definitely, I have tried catching punts, and that ball is hard to read sometimes and it comes much faster than you would expect.

I was actually a pretty solid kick returner but I could never figure out how to run back a punt. I think I had more fumbles than yards gained.

I'm really concerned with our punting and kicking game. I need to get in really good shape because I'm going to be holding my breath on every punt/kick. :lol: (or is it :sad1:?)

Yep it definitely sucks in West Texas. I did both kr and pr, thing was you might have to run all the way across the field to catch the damn thing if the wind kicked up.

Neinas needs to show us he's worth a full time staff position this year. He has experience and depth coming back on the return and coverage teams. He has to get the new P and K up to speed and ready to roll. We can't afford to have the kicking game hurt us if we are shooting for a bowl game. I want to see solid ST play from Game 1 this season.

Maybe even Carr back there, freshmen always worry me though. If he's capable, I have zero issues with it. Crawley has returned some punts right? Place kicking, I have no idea who to use there.

Maybe even Carr back there, freshmen always worry me though. If he's capable, I have zero issues with it. Crawley has returned some punts right? Place kicking, I have no idea who to use there.
At minimum I hope we see Carr on punt and kickoff return. Sounds like from the small reports we've heard of camp so far, that his speed and athleticism are real. I so hope he becomes the real deal.

I was actually a pretty solid kick returner but I could never figure out how to run back a punt. I think I had more fumbles than yards gained.

This reminds me of the time a few years ago when BCS claimed to have shot a 72 on the first full round of golf he played only to never shoot better than a 126 after.

This reminds me of the time a few years ago when BCS claimed to have shot a 72 on the first full round of golf he played only to never shoot better than a 126 after.

His first time was on the mini-golf course. And he only played the back 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back