What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Special Teams Coordinator - Suggest Candidates

He does have 5 years experience as a ST coach. I guess we will find out soon enough if he can coach. Troy Walters is going to be the point man in recruiting. I am disappointed that we couldn't get some one better than Klayton Adams to help in recruiting. Polamalu is available.

He does have 5 years experience as a ST coach. I guess we will find out soon enough if he can coach. Troy Walters is going to be the point man in recruiting. I am disappointed that we couldn't get some one better than Klayton Adams to help in recruiting. Polamalu is available.

Kennedy Polamalu was previously a coach at CU and from all reports he really enjoyed his time in Boulder.

So much of this comes down to just how good MacIntyre is.

If you find a coach has has been employed for 17 years in D1 football, the guy knows how to do the job. There are tons of guys like that. With the right leadership at the top organizing practices the right way, communicating expectations the right way, managing the depth chart the right way, and targeting recruiting the right way... then I don't worry at all about a guy like Toby Neinas being successful under such a coach.

My main disappointment here is that I thought we might be able to use this position to get one of the young up-and-comers for recruiting purposes.

MacIntyre obviously saw a better fit with someone whose experience would bring stability, would have some connections to CO and CA, be able to handle Special Teams duties since he's done it before, and also be able to add assistance for pretty much all the other coaches since Toby has coached LB, DL, TE, RB, DB and even been a Defensive Coordinator. I can see his rationale on this one.

Back