What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Special Teams (Improved!) and some shocking #s

During the Hakwkins era we had historically bad special teams. The worst special teams in western civilization! Special teams that were a crime against the game of american football and this once proud Buffs team.

I'm certainly not a special teams coach, but I guess the idea is to put a hat on everyone else and rely on the returner to get past the long snapper or call for a fair catch if there isn't enough space. I think our blocking, both on offense and special teams, still leaves a lot to be desired. Not sure how much of it is talent and how much is coaching.

I think you nailed it. Snapper is probably the slowest guy and worst tackler on the field for the punt team. Don't risk the penalty by hitting him early and expect that your return man can get past him.

It's too bad that even with the (so far) improvement in special teams that a special teams error played such a big part in the momentum shift.

Just curious, who blocked the extra point? I saw Nembot was credited w/ playing some, was he on on the block team?

It's too bad that even with the (so far) improvement in special teams that a special teams error played such a big part in the momentum shift.

Just curious, who blocked the extra point? I saw Nembot was credited w/ playing some, was he on on the block team?

Pericak blocked it

I think I'm looking at the whole 56 yard total last season differently than most of you. I'm actually considering it a pleasant surprise that we got 56 yards all of last year. I don't remember a single time where a fair catch wasn't taken where we weren't crushed for -2 yards.

I think I'm looking at the whole 56 yard total last season differently than most of you. I'm actually considering it a pleasant surprise that we got 56 yards all of last year. I don't remember a single time where a fair catch wasn't taken where we weren't crushed for -2 yards.

Or attempting to field a punt when you're in your own redzone.

Back