What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Speed at Wideout?

TuffBuff32

This may have been brought up many many many times before but How come we can't pull in any blazers at wide out? I was checking the forty numbers for this years receiving corp and none look too impressive. A guy like stephone robinson who isn't huge but can just blow by corners is what i think would really help out cody getting the ball off and not get it tipped. I don't mind the 6'3'' guys, but the more I think about it the more I like Lockridge moving to WR permanently. Anyone really stick out for speed that we have offered this year?

Well Josh Smith just left and he was a 4.4 guy. And while Celestine just returned, I don't see how he will be eligible this season. He is a 4.5 guy. So we have recruited speed (Who could forget Diante Jackson), but the players we have brought in just haven't worked out the way we would like.

Also, Kiesau said Simmons has the body of Patrick Williams and the speed of Josh Smith. Simmons told Ringo he consistently runs in the 4.4 range. If he can qualify, that will be absolutely huge.

I would like to see Lockridge get reps in the slot. I think he should also be the kick returner along with Sumler.

As for recruits with speed this year, I just watched a recruit's highlights today and I was really impressed. His name is Lucky Radley and he is visiting our camp this weekend. Kenny Stills is another guy that is very fast (Ran a 4.39 or something like that at USC's camp) that we have a shot with.

That sounds nice. Lockridge in the slot running a post. Thats what I want to see. We obviously have a lot of possession type receivers. maybe even move some quick corners to wideout?

That sounds nice. Lockridge in the slot running a post. Thats what I want to see. We obviously have a lot of possession type receivers. maybe even move some quick corners to wideout?

Like who?

Simmons better get in and ussery and darden better be ready to play or the passing game will be ugly.

This may have been brought up many many many times before but How come we can't pull in any blazers at wide out? I was checking the forty numbers for this years receiving corp and none look too impressive. A guy like stephone robinson who isn't huge but can just blow by corners is what i think would really help out cody getting the ball off and not get it tipped. I don't mind the 6'3'' guys, but the more I think about it the more I like Lockridge moving to WR permanently. Anyone really stick out for speed that we have offered this year?

the guys ran the 40 after doing their max squats. while the numbers aren't accurate, i'm sure we can all agree we are lacking 'burners' at the wideout position.

Simmons- 6ft 3 , 205 lbs, 4.43 forty
if he catches what's thrown his way then he is what the Dr. ordered.

Back