What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Speeding Buffaloes

For some posters, saying "he's loaded" is redundant.

2691_1346_a-loaded-tattoo.jpg

Hey threadjacker! Why do all those fast guys on our team right now seem so slow? I remember speedy getting run down a lot. He had to fight for yards after contact.

I worry less about threadjacking EXCEPT in recruit's threads. They deserve to have their own threads with a little less of our off-the-wall humor and clutter. (And especially without our "is he any good, really?" commentary.)

I answered the question about speed. the line is bolded in my tribute to the Boulderly Hillbillies.

I worry less about threadjacking EXCEPT in recruit's threads. They deserve to have their own threads with a little less of our off-the-wall humor and clutter. (And especially without our "is he any good, really?" commentary.)

I answered the question about speed. the line is bolded in my tribute to the Boulderly Hillbillies.

I'm with you, except I'm a little incontinent when it comes to posting. I missed the bold, cause I was blinded by cleverness. Got it now.

I'm quoting myself from the "who will thrive" thread, but this is an example of how our speedy guys were NOT used properly.

This just in:
http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3843&SPID=255&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205085679&DB_OEM_ID=600

How'd I miss it?

[FONT=Cambria, serif]1/28/2011 - The Buffaloes' leading rusher for the past two seasons was added to the track roster on Thursday and is scheduled to compete in the 60-meter dash on Saturday in the Don Barrett Duals at the Air Force Academy.[/FONT]

But back to the topic:

In the Kansas game (still a sore point with me), Rodney Stewart had 175 rushing and 44 receiving yards.

He had 21 carries in the first half. He was averaging 6.5 yards per carry.

Third & Fourth Quarter combined : Stewart was given 8 carries for 60 yards total.

In the same period of time - the combined third and fourth quarters of the KU game, Cody Hawkins threw about 30 passes (13 or so incomplete or intercepted).

Those 175 yards by Stewart, gained mainly in the first half, would have been Stewart's career high, had he not beat that with a 195-yard game against Kansas State a couple weeks later.

I still wonder two things: how many yards would Steward have against KU if he'd been allowed to run approximately the same in the second half as he did in the first ... and would that decision alone been enough to run out the clock, run up the score, and win the game? He was clearly on pace to have over a 200-yard game if he had 115 yards in the first half, with little resistance by the KU defense.

Yes, you can make fun of 40 times, but remembering that everyone has the same iffyness, having so many, so fast, still means overall team speed is pretty breathtaking.

Originally Posted by AlferdJasper
I still wonder three things: how many yards would Stewart have against KU if he'd been allowed to run approximately the same in the second half as he did in the first ... and would that decision alone been enough to run out the clock, run up the score, and win the game? Lastly... how much longer would Hackins had been coaching the Buffs had Speedy not taken that bullet for us all?
FIFY

Sometimes BAD things happen for a GOOD reason. :thumbsup:

FIFY

Sometimes BAD things happen for a GOOD reason. :thumbsup:

A friend said that exact thing to me at the luncheon. He hated to admit it, but when the KU game started going south, he knew it had to happen in order for the healing to begin. He said it made him feel dirty to silently root against the buffs, but it was time.

Lamont Warren, Rae Carruth, Charles Johnson & Maurice Mitchell won the NCAA Outdoors in 1994. Back when the program was winning we had legitimate track speed. We need to get more of these guys. Didn't Hawkins ban the players from running track? What an asshole... but I think they are able to run again. I read that Rodney Stewart was the 60m recently and I don't think he made the podium. That will give you and idea of the type of speed we have now. I love Speedy as a football player but the current roster is pretty slow vs top 20 ranked programs.

4x400-Meter Relay 3:05.16 Johnson/Carruth/Warren/Mitchell 1994

Lamont Warren, Rae Carruth, Charles Johnson & Maurice Mitchell won the NCAA Outdoors in 1994. Back when the program was winning we had legitimate track speed. We need to get more of these guys. Didn't Hawkins ban the players from running track? What an asshole... but I think they are able to run again. I read that Rodney Stewart was the 60m recently and I don't think he made the podium. That will give you and idea of the type of speed we have now. I love Speedy as a football player but the current roster is pretty slow vs top 20 ranked programs.

Hugh Charles was in track, I am sure against Doosh Bag Danny's wishes.

Ben Kelly was all American in 4x400 with my buddy from GJHS.

If that means "serious" than the answer is ys.

Yes it does and no way in hell are some of those squat numbers legit. The raw squat record for powerlifters is like 850 in only a belt. That was done by scott weech a guy who is on steroids and has been powerlifting for about 15 years. Now i can believe some guys on cu's team loaded up 650+ lbs on their backs and bent down a couple of inches but thats about as legit as calling a powerclean good if they get it above their waist.

Yes it does and no way in hell are some of those squat numbers legit. The raw squat record for powerlifters is like 850 in only a belt. That was done by scott weech a guy who is on steroids and has been powerlifting for about 15 years. Now i can believe some guys on cu's team loaded up 650+ lbs on their backs and bent down a couple of inches but thats about as legit as calling a powerclean good if they get it above their waist.

What are your credentials on this? I'm not convinced you understand what a good squat looks like, or what numbers can be realistically obtained through a quality training program augmented with creatine.

You seem like a nice guy, and I'm not trying to diminish your contribution here, but I think you're in over your head on this topic.

Back